EA Admits That It 'Didn't Make Hits" in 2008

Lord_Ascendant

Jan 14, 2008
ah Electronic Arts...the devilish corporation that has for so long messed with us gamers. Looks like someone finally gave them a prod in the butt hard enough to get them to admit they actually stink.

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
nathan-dts said:
Wait, what? EA make good, original games like Mirrors Edge and Dead Space in 2008 but lose money.
EA, in 2007, made the same old horrible sports games and gained millions.

WTF!!!
I know! It's almost as if the whole world was in the grip of some kind of economic crisis!

tthor

Apr 9, 2008
johnman said:
They must be in deep shit, if they are making losses with titles like the sims under thier belts they must be doing something very badly.
hell ya they were in deep shit,
infact before i read this article, i was about to text my friends that we are boycotting EA, and not buy any games from them until they change. but i think EA might have finally realized that it is the CUSTOMERS that own EA, and we wont put up with their shit

zoozilla

Dec 3, 2007
NoMoreSanity said:
Oh my god! EA trying to improve themselves as a company?!?! It's the end of the world as we know it!
And I feel fine...

I'm glad that EA is finally seeing the light and changing their (ever-hated) game plan. I'm very impressed that EA in 2008 took the time to get 2 new IP's out there, and that even when those IPs turned in disappointing profits, they are still committed to cranking out quality (or so they say).

The ultimate irony would be EA finally doing what the game community wants, and going under soon after.

SomeBritishDude

Nov 1, 2007
nathan-dts said:
Wait, what? EA make good, original games like Mirrors Edge and Dead Space in 2008 but lose money.

WTF!!!
It's a sad thing. EA start to change their attatude and they're rewarded jack shit. The difference between the sales of ME and DS compared to that of Fifa is pretty disheartening.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
Why is there so much hate against EA. Yes they release games too frequently so they're not always the best they can be, but when they try they can make EPIC GAMES such as Dead Space. Seriously guys. Give em a break.

Seydaman

Nov 21, 2008
NoMoreSanity said:
Oh my god! EA trying to improve themselves as a company?!?! It's the end of the world as we know it!
OH SHIT TO THE CELLAR!!! BRING YOUR PC!!!

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
SomeBritishDude said:
EA has been steadily improving over the last year. Lets hope this keeps going.
Then how will you call rushing Warhammer before it was finished and forcing GW to cut 4 classes and cities to make it in time?

MercurySteam said:
Why is there so much hate against EA. Yes they release games too frequently so they're not always the best they can be, but when they try they can make EPIC GAMES such as Dead Space. Seriously guys. Give em a break.
One good game doesn't make up for 5 average.

WHICH COULD'VE BEEN MUCH BETTER.

Murmur95

Sep 18, 2008
Want my opinion, go back to spore and make it more violent and less of a mini game. You know, the game everyone wanted.

nathan-dts

Jun 18, 2008
nilcypher said:
nathan-dts said:

WTF!!!
I know! It's almost as if the whole world was in the grip of some kind of economic crisis!
It's not just the fact that we're in a recession that EA is losing money (although it is a big factor). It's because people are stupid and would rather pay for the same games ever year rather than a new and original game.

Elurindel

Dec 12, 2007
EA admits that it didn't make hits? Sorry, but they may as well have been saying that fire trucks are red, or that water is wet.

I know there's a lot of hate towards EA, but maybe, just maybe they can turn their game around and beg us for forgiveness...and we will consider it.