EA: ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

Quellist

Migratory coconut
Oct 7, 2010
I'm hoping the original developers at Bioware will make their magic elsewhere in the Industry, while i dont see a Bioware 2.0 appearing yet, i'm going to keep my eye on studios like Beamdog that have connections to the original (Pre EA-rape) Bioware

Gethsemani_v1legacy

Oct 1, 2009
Draech said:
*thinks back*
Was there any early attempts from Bioware to sell content in small packages after the initial release....

*thinks harder*

Wait there was this game.... Neverwinter Nights? oh yeah they tried to sell adventure packages, but failed mainly due to the system payment/download being kinda crap (remind you of anything) and a large amount of free user generated content.

*sudden realisation*

But wait... that would mean that Bioware is following a pattern that started BEFORE EA bought it up...

Meaning direct control.... is a bunch of BS.

But hey at least Bioware's actions look a lot like EA actions. Like for example the whole deal with Origin and how DLC must handled by EA alone. Just like EA did with Kingdoms of Ama....

You know what.... it is almost as if Bioware is following a pattern they have been following ever since they started having a decent amount of success....

Naaaaaaah.... its EA's fault!
I don't care! I still want to find out what happens in Witches' Wake Part 2!... I mean... /joke

In all seriousness, you are right. Biowares decline in quality was evident even before EA took over. Bioware, just like most other companies, exist to make money and this is not something that EA "forced upon them". It just so turns out that with a good name you can sell a lot of even mediocre stuff as long as you keep focus away from the medicore and focus on the few high quality features in your product.

Monkeyman O'Brien

Jan 27, 2012
Meh. Bioware is no longer a developer. They are a fucking franchise. All the talent has left or been spread around so many studios and other, lesser dev teams have been given the Bioware title. So what do you expect.
They were dead the second they whored themselves out to EA. And no, I do not even blame EA for this. Everyone knows what EA are like. Bioware went into it willingly so the fault is 100% theirs.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
Y'know I was actually listing to TGS Where Jesse Cox and Total Halibut got into it about the whole ME3 deal and Total halibut said he knows people who viewed his video about the whole fiasco who work within Bioware, and I am sure that they must feel like they have lost total control over their games after the uproar over day one DLC. The sad thing while Valve has game distribution cornered it feels like EA is going for a monopoly of the rest of the games industry. With big name titles I wonder if they really do care about the stuff they can get away with. I am happy that I have no moderate interest in ME3, because that means another 60 bucks they aren't getting.