EA: Battlefield 3 Ate Some of MW3's Cake

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
So Battlefield 3 stole a slice of Call of Duty's cake. I think they failed to mention that Activision got two extra tiers on their cake when they got it...

Daemonate

Jun 7, 2010
I don't get you guys.
You do realise that BF3 is a far, far better game than MW3?

Not for single player, obviously - BF3's campaign is insulting and should not have been in the box - but as a game?

I planned on buying both, but BF3 leaves me to time to bother with the inferior game I have played and seen at my friend's houses. So they stole my purchase, at least.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Daemonate said:
I don't get you guys.
You do realise that BF3 is a far, far better game than MW3?
Really? You're actually gonna do this?

No, it's not because fun is subjective. BF3 and MW3 are not the same game.

I bought Battlefield 3 purely because it came out first, and I enjoyed it. Would have bought MW3, but I became indifferent when Skyrim came out.

After my little fling with Skyrim, I played MW3 and I liked it. It was a nice change up from Battlefield 3 with much more responsive controls, much faster gameplay, and not completely dominating vehicles.

Not to mention that seeing how Battlefield really only should be played with a squad, and you're lucky enough to find one friend on playing it. It really suffers when you have to go into a lobby with Randoms who are either staying as far away from the action as they can by sniping, or players who are indifferent about playing the objective.

So no, neither is more fun than the other. And judging by your tone, you haven't even played MW3.

xXDeMoNiCXx

Mar 10, 2010
willis888 said:
The cake is a pie, and EA nicked some of the crumb topping.

Over the last 2 days, I've beaten both single player campaigns, and MW3's was more polished. Probably because Activision stole code from Respawn.
Plus they just copy-paste'd the campaigns from MW1 and 2.

I actually didn't mind BF3's campaign and the multiplayer was miles ahead of MW3's. MW3 wasn't the worst game either though.

godofallu

Jun 8, 2010
I am so fed up with this BF vs MW PR war.

Seriously EA everyone knows you have an incompetent marketing team, and you make bad decisions. The game has been released you can stop pretending like you have a COD killer now. You failed.

If you want to sell more BF games start by

A not being a dick in all of your blatant attempts to get into headlines
B don't require Origin
C create a server browser/match-finder that isn't garbage
D create a BF game that is better than BF games released years ago

Total sales for Battlefield Bad company 2 a game with a much smaller marketing campaign and budget 9M

Sales of BF3 so far, 10M

Battlefield 2 has sold 11M

So basically they are probably going to come in at just over average sales for a BF game. While using far more resources to create/promote the game.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
batti said:
More like pinched a bit of MW3 ginormous buffet...
Also, why do they think that owning one game means that you can´t buy the other one?
Greg Tito said:
"Yes, many of them bought both games, undoubtedly.
Wut?

OT: They'd have eaten a whole lot more of it if they didn't try to push Origin on people. Hell, I bet there'd be more Origin sales of BF3 if Origin wasn't required and/or if BF3 wasn't digitally exclusive to it :\

I get it's nice to not give a huge part of your share to a digital retailer, but you should know your customers better. Steam works because it works towards giving their customers what they want, not by shoving their service down people's throats.