EA: Battlefield 3 Multi-Platform Beta in September

TheComedown

Aug 24, 2009
I already got the limited edition, wheres my key?.

Really you need confirmation of dedicated servers? The fact that you get 64 players in a single match should confirm it, there is no way to do that without them.

Art Axiv

Cultural Code-Switcher
Dec 25, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:
I'll be optimistic and assume that DICE and EA ignored talking about Dedicated Servers because they figure its a given to include them, and they don't feel the need to patronize their fanbase. They did enough of that by announcing a return to 64 player combat. Thank you DICE.
Its especially funny that they still recruit for a Community Manager whose responsibility is to manage communication with the mod scene. :D

Rednog said:
Why the limited edition of Medal of Honor? How about anyone who supported the darn game in general. This limited edition stuff makes me sigh since you can only really get them at stores, where I prefer digital copies.
Played all of the Battlefield series - and I concur. However, this is how it goes with EA. Their cross-selling techniques are annoying, Medal of Honor being a game which you bought for the beta key and all that. (Not that its not done by other companies like Epic, but still)

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Art Axiv said:
Soviet Heavy said:
I'll be optimistic and assume that DICE and EA ignored talking about Dedicated Servers because they figure its a given to include them, and they don't feel the need to patronize their fanbase. They did enough of that by announcing a return to 64 player combat. Thank you DICE.
Its especially funny that they still recruit for a Community Manager whose responsibility is to manage communication with the mod scene. :D

Rednog said:
Why the limited edition of Medal of Honor? How about anyone who supported the darn game in general. This limited edition stuff makes me sigh since you can only really get them at stores, where I prefer digital copies.
Played all of the Battlefield series - and I concur. However, this is how it goes with EA. Their cross-selling techniques are annoying, Medal of Honor being a game which you bought for the beta key and all that. (Not that its not done by other companies like Epic, but still)
Whenever I see an update on the Facebook page of Ghost Recon, there's a bunch of people swearing and crying over where that beta for Future Soldier is. Since apparently a lot of them bought the new Splinter Cell game only to get into the beta.(that's Ubisoft's problem though)
As for EA, I would perhaps have preferred if they used the Veteran program to check if you're eligible for the beta. Shows you have played the previous games (or just bought them, either way it's money for EA) and probably know how it should feel to play a BF game.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Huh, yet another reason I will be missing out.

thelonewolf266 said:
I knew there was a reason I bought Medal of Honour you know not including nostalgia for Frontline.
I don't know about you, but that was a big mistake for me. I also bought it because of Frontlines getting me into the FPS genre.

thelonewolf266

Nov 18, 2010
CardinalPiggles said:
Huh, yet another reason I will be missing out.

thelonewolf266 said:
I knew there was a reason I bought Medal of Honour you know not including nostalgia for Frontline.
I don't know about you, but that was a big mistake for me. I also bought it because of Frontlines getting me into the FPS genre.
To be honest while I have stuck with the medal of honour for so long because Medal of Honour Frontline was so good, I actually enjoyed airborne and the newest entry.I mean they weren't masterpieces by any stretch of the imagination but I still found them fun.