EA, BioWare Have No Clue When The Old Republic Will Launch

GaltarDude1138

Jan 19, 2011
spectrenihlus said:
Yeah, try finding those keys on your keyboard.

OT: I don't care. As long as the game comes out, I don't care about the gameplay mechanics or the cover system or healing or what-all. I just wanna find out what happened to Revan!

/fanboyism

jonyboy13

Aug 13, 2010
Take the time EA, as long as you release it after GW2 you're fucked, big time.

OT: For lulz, go to TOR's Facebook page and read any comment on any post. "WHEN GAME RELEASE???//"

^ Rofl, I actually got the keys for that.

ionveau

Nov 22, 2009
I assume they seen the negative feed back from players/reviewers on this game having nothing more to offer than WoW and are trying to back peddle from all that negativity

Rorigon

Apr 14, 2011
Honestly, hitting release 3 or 4 years after being announced isn't that long for an MMO. That's about the timeframe WoW had from being announced to launch day, IIRC. MMOs take a ridiculous amount of resources to produce, and an equally ridiculous amount of time to get to a releasable state. At least, they do if you want to make them any good.

It's precisely because of this "gimme gimme gimme" attitude that MMO developers are notorious for not giving out release dates until the last minute.

Give them time to get it right(though, personally, I'm skeptical they will get it right).

Firehound

is a trap!
Nov 22, 2010
RT-Medic-with-shotgun said:
Rewrench said:
To me and I think many. This game has to beat Guild wars 2 release date to get attention.
I was planning on getting this and playing it until GW2. But if this game comes out after..
Then I dont see my self bothering at all.
Pretty much. Even if i hadn't decided not to buy it that's the sentiment i would have. Personally i just want them to release it already because i am sick of all MMO news being SWToR. Every damn day its SWToR; Look at how they do story, look at our arbitrary cover system, look at our combat; and it gets old fast. Probably watched every video of it they made a dozen times. Not all of them were to make fun of it over vent. Only so much you can make fun of the game, its fans-boy army declaring it the messiah, & the ones trying to turn the fanboy's from the stubborn worship before you have to stop and wait for the i told you so.

But yeah they need to beat GW2 or the massive hype they built will be for nothing. Sure they aren't exclusive but releasing a week after GW2 is going to hurt them. Even a month would do bad; and lets not get started on a head on collision of a WoW expansion. OH Grungis bearded balls the Hindenburg would tell them to stop copying it. I half expect Blizzard to crank our its next expansion double time to beat ToR just to spite them.

Besides the current hype levels have made my "i told you so" face so powerful it can melt a lightsaber. The opening glare of that thing will be a war crime.
So by the time it actually gets released, you'll have the ability to destroy Alderaan with it?

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
Greg Tito said:
it feels like The Old Republic has been in development for a long, long time in a galaxy far, far away. First announced in 2008 and likely in development before that
Until this article I had forgotten how long it has been since I saw the first trailer.

Sep 14, 2009
that's perfectly fine with me, more time to play other games coming out this fall, plus if this is gonna be my first MMO i jump into, i'd like it to leave a good first impression.

plus i wanna know what the fuck happens to revan and the outcast, god dammit.

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
How can you compare a shooter that took 12 years to produce with an MMO that's been in production for some 4-5 years? Hell, that's pretty much how long it takes to make TES games and I never heard a DNF comparison with Skyrim in the title.

And don't see anything newsworthy here. There was a conference call, they said some shit, nothing changed since last time. Holiday '11 aimed, outside possibility of an early January release. We've known this since July or so.

Decabo

Dec 16, 2009
TOR stopped interesting me a while ago. Once I heard that the first Sith mission is killing rats, the part of me interested in this game just completely turned off.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
I whole-heartedly agree. Stop basing stuff on investor's meetings, they never turn out to be all that trustworthy.
Also, I'm perfectly fine with a delay. It's an MMO, a bad launch will kill the entire game, just look at FF14. Better to do it right than to do it quickly.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20110924

I think EA and Bioware were trolling us just now...

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
ThaBenMan said:
http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20110924

I think EA and Bioware were trolling us just now...
I think Escapist likes to make sensationalist "news" titles...