EA Claims To Have No Problem With Used Game Sales

Rinshan Kaihou

Dec 3, 2009
Wow. I'm actually shocked. I hate EA as much as much people in this thread, however I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt here and believe them when they say they will allow used games. The number of people who think they are flat out lying and bullshitting us is actually surprising. I could be proven wrong, but for once is it bad to think they are going to do the right thing?

No, of course not. They eat dead babies. >:|

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
BiH-Kira said:
Wait, what? Since when does EA do stand-up comedy?

"Our general thesis is what the fans tell us they want, we'll give them," says EA's Patrick Söderlund, and that includes used game sales. EA
I mean seriously, this is the best joke I've heard in months.
Especialy considering what they said about their vision of SimCity as compared to what the fans said, right?

Casadechrisso

Jun 6, 2013
RJ 17 said:
To be fair, they DID finally give up on the Online Pass. My theory is that EA actually took to heart the fact that they won "Worst Company in America" two years in a row.
I'd say they gave up the Online Pass because they knew exactly that it's no longer needed with XBone's restrictions. "Oh look, we're so consumer friendly, now get a Xbox One and blame MS".

I approve that standup comedy comment.

faefrost

Jun 2, 2010
Oh man this is kind of glorious to watch. Yes we all know that EA is spewing pure BS. But the speed at which they are lobbing MS under the bus is astonishing. Especially coming right after the even more Bullplop laden statements from DRM kings Ubisoft. (ET phone home to play). EA's views on used game sales remain that they loathe them. But some of their marketers are now pointing out that if they jump on the MS bandwagon on this the looming backlash will do vast damage to them. They are still shaking off the fallout from the by comparison minor Simshity screw up.

But still watching EA step up to the plate and do the "DRM? What DRM? We believe in the free market and consumer rights, and whatever they want!" Dance is truly high comedy. Best performance ever.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Are they distancing themselves from MS? Cant blame them, though i bet they regret killing off the codes now.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
I guess there must have been a lot of people asking EA to put DRM on SimCity, what with them listening to their 'fans' and all. It's quite clever of them to start weaseling their way out of the spotlight now that everyone is hating on Microsoft. Maybe their chances of a golden poo hattrick are beginning to slip away?

Suave Charlie

Pleasant Bastard
Sep 23, 2009
I was under the impression that since the new/old CEO came onboard EA have really been trying to turn things around. Could be legit.

AkaDad

Jun 4, 2011
"If our customers want to trade in games, we'll probably allow it, EA says."

Probably.

Yeah, and I probably will be dating Karen Gillan soon.

Genocidicles

Sep 13, 2012
First Ubisoft comes out in support of used games and now EA...

Almost as if they were banking on something being more successful than it turned out to be...

Deathfish15

Nov 7, 2006
Here's what EA said: "We have no grief with customers trading in game or used games in general."

Here's what we heard: "Please don't vote us worse company in the US for a 3rd straight year."

They're trying to cover their tracks and buy themselves good publicity, but it won't work. They'll get a 3rd golden poo....well, hell, I think that Microsoft might actually have them beat this year with the whole "No used games, not without online once every 24hrs, and not without Kinect on 24/7 watching you", oh, and how Microsoft said "if you don't want to be online, stick with the 360 and don't get our new console."

GAunderrated

Jul 9, 2012
WaitWHAT said:
Ea "claims".

"Claims"

[HEADING=3]"CLAIMS"[/HEADING]

[HEADING=1]"CLAIMS"[/HEADING]

Yeah, not buying it somehow....
I also like how the article says they will " probably allow it". You know what that means in corporate speak? It means that the second they can find a way to bring back the online pass with a new shiny name they will do it. The only reason they arn't going after it again is because of the MASSIVE backlash coming right now with used games.

Trust me they are waiting for the dust to settle and brainstorming a way to bring this crap back now that Sony messed up their grand plans.

Ace O'Hagen

May 28, 2013
but will EA let us sell digital licenses back to them at a reduced price? Cause I'd sure like to sell back my copy of SimCity and maybe buy something from a publisher that makes games that work on launch day

Slash2x

Dec 7, 2009
Well I am getting the impression that they MIGHT be trying to just get the initial sale then make up for the used games with DLC..... Unless this is really some evil plan to take over a country and sell the organs of all the residents on the black market........

Going to have to PROVE you are not worth my scorn.

Still hate yah EA!

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Karloff said:
If our customers want to trade in games, we'll probably allow it, EA says.
My God, I have never seen a more punchable choice of words, but we won't string you up for a bad attitude EA... we WILL do it if you're lying however.

medv4380

The Crazy One
Feb 26, 2010
If EA really didn't have anything against used games then they'd make trading and selling used games possible over Origin. Heck that might be one of the few features they could do that would make me consider them over Steam.

flaviok79

Feb 22, 2011
Well, Activision first, now EA, both major publishers that seem to be taking a position of distancing themselves from Microsoft's misguided policies for Xbone. That's just peachy.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
EA is just trying to abandon the sinking boat that they helped build, because the numbers in they're gigantic PR calculator seem to indicate that supporting, or at least pretending to support, used games is the most logical next move to make themselves seem like the 'good guys' again.