EA Exec Admits Battlefront May Lack Depth

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
I think their teenager focus group was a literal twenty pound sack of potatoes.

UsefulPlayer 1

Feb 22, 2008
Being Accessible is fine. I even applaud it if it was deliberate.

"So, an 8-year-old could play with his father on the couch, as well as a teenager or 20-year-old could play the game and enjoy it. It is more accessible."

There is no argument to this (besides maybe parenting concerns, I mean an 8-year-old is not a teen). They made the game for an audience, and that audience is casual. I too noticed the T rating and thought that was very deliberate.

But I don't think that is the real problem with the game. The lack of content is the real issue. No Campaign, few maps, few game modes....Theses things are important for any audience and it shows a lack of dedication to deliver a good product.

Zefar

May 11, 2009
Sheo_Dagana said:
For me, the game's lack of a story-mode is where the lack of depth lies. They could have at least gone the Titanfall route, even IF Titanfall's story was impossible to follow because bang bang, run run, kill kill, OMG GIANT ROBOT, which kind of distracts from the story. I mean sure, it's Star Wars, we all know the story, but come on... give us SOMETHING to work with. Even Battlefront II had a great story mode.
What I find laughable is that Story mode is now all of sudden so important to a Battlefield title. The previous ones in the series had story mode that very few even liked. To the point where I'm sure even YOU where calling the story bad and the entire SP campaign shit.

Then DICE acknowledge that, our fans are not interested in the story mode of Battlefield series so we won't be spending time on it. You people would have trashed the SP part once again no matter what.

Karadalis said:
Accessible = Mcdonalds of gaming

Bland, forgettable and you feel bad having bought it afterwards.

Only that EAs fastfood comes at a 110 dollar menu if you want ALL whats in the kids menu...
Every other company charges twice as much for all content. So in perspective, EA are pretty good.

Azure23

Nov 5, 2012
Zefar said:
Sheo_Dagana said:
For me, the game's lack of a story-mode is where the lack of depth lies. They could have at least gone the Titanfall route, even IF Titanfall's story was impossible to follow because bang bang, run run, kill kill, OMG GIANT ROBOT, which kind of distracts from the story. I mean sure, it's Star Wars, we all know the story, but come on... give us SOMETHING to work with. Even Battlefront II had a great story mode.
What I find laughable is that Story mode is now all of sudden so important to a Battlefield title. The previous ones in the series had story mode that very few even liked. To the point where I'm sure even YOU where calling the story bad and the entire SP campaign shit.

Then DICE acknowledge that, our fans are not interested in the story mode of Battlefield series so we won't be spending time on it. You people would have trashed the SP part once again no matter what.

Karadalis said:
Accessible = Mcdonalds of gaming

Bland, forgettable and you feel bad having bought it afterwards.

Only that EAs fastfood comes at a 110 dollar menu if you want ALL whats in the kids menu...
Every other company charges twice as much for all content. So in perspective, EA are pretty good.
I mean sure, the Battlefield story campaigns are a struggle to sit through, but Battlefront 2? That was great. It had a decent story of the 501st's rise to Vader's personal legion, good narration, and a knack for introducing objectives and mechanics not in the multiplayer modes ( such as assassination missions, survival missions, the assault on the Jedi temple, etc.) and these missions often had unique assets and character models. It kept things fresh, did a good job of tutorializing new players, and at higher difficultly levels was absolutely punishing. But best of all, all my brothers and I could play split screen in ALL of the modes.

Adeptus Aspartem

Jul 25, 2011
I don't get why people buy shooters in the first place. There's TF and CS:Go, if you want to go old school grab a Quake/UT for a few bucks.

There's no need for new shooters because before one of them beats one of the mentioned the hell would freeze over. The gimmick has to be insanely good, so good infact that by only listening to it it has to knock your jaw down the floor.
Else? There are a ton of shooters already - for a price of free up to 5$. You can't beat that.