EA Launches Mobile Phone-Console Connectivity

Nathan Meunier

Nov 19, 2007
EA Launches Mobile Phone-Console Connectivity

Tiger Woods addicts can now get a double whammy of mobile-to-console golf action, thanks to EA's new Console Boost feature. Now that's Golfalicious.

As interconnectivity between consoles and handheld gaming systems is increasingly getting more play, connect [http://www.eamobile.com] with the new mobile phone edition to access bonus stat boosts. This is the first time the mobile phone and console editions of two EA titles bearing the same name are able to integrate.

"We're excited to bring mobile-to-console gameplay to our customers," said Adam Sussman, VP of publishing for EA Mobile. "Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 09 features a Console Boost which enables players to improve the skill level of their console character by playing the mobile game."

The Console Boost feature links the mobile and console versions of the game through a player's EA online account, which is required to access the skill enhancements. After applying the boost, the skill levels for characters on the Xbox 360 or PS3 versions of the game will increase in relation to the skill setting on the mobile game. Completing course challenges in the mobile version will also impact the skill boost.

bkd69

Nov 23, 2007
Nathan Meunier said:
As interconnectivity between consoles and handheld gaming systems is increasingly getting more play,
Citation needed.

Or should I say, wanted.

I haven't seen a whole lot of mobile/console synergy going on, but then, I'm not following the DS market as closely as the PSP market, and I've only got half an ear open in the phone market.

In the modern age, you had Pac-Man vs. for the Gamecube+GBA. And there were a handful of other games taking advantage of the GBA link cable, I believe. There was Outrun 2006, which let you shift gamesave data between the PS2 and the PSP editions.

I know that the potential for some strong gameplay synergy, like Pac-Man vs. exists, but I just haven't heard about it actually being executed yet.

Nathan Meunier

Nov 19, 2007
bkd69 said:
Nathan Meunier said:
As interconnectivity between consoles and handheld gaming systems is increasingly getting more play,
Citation needed.

Or should I say, wanted.

I haven't seen a whole lot of mobile/console synergy going on, but then, I'm not following the DS market as closely as the PSP market, and I've only got half an ear open in the phone market.

That was in reference to the increasing, though limited, connectivity being seen between the DS and the Wii, as well as the PS3 and PSP.