EA Mocks Zynga in New SimCity Social Trailer

Xanadu84

Apr 9, 2008
Maybe they will split the market and both fail. After all, Zyngas pretty useless, and EA apparently can't turn a profit unless they sell 5 million copies of something. It's very feasible that they will both duke it out and mutually die of a metaphorical heart attack in the process.

Some_weirdGuy

Nov 25, 2010
Absolutionis said:
Zynga makes crap games, but they've never done anything disagreeable.
lol, have you even seen what Zangya news the escapist posts up? Zangya is a company built around cloning other peoples games to steal away their customers/mooch of their success, and they're pretty open about it too XD

Alot of people find such blatantly exploitative practices pretty disagreeable.

Clearing the Eye

Jun 6, 2012
I like both Farmville and Sim City, so this sort of competition can only be good for me, the consumer ^^

Captcha: skid row

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Well... you've got to admire a fine set of balls when you see them, and they most certainly have that.

Fishyash

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2010
Is it me or does that seem like the most misguided commercial I have ever seen?

Seriously, what was the point? Who is this trying to appeal to? The "more hardcore" casual players?

...the game is probably worse than cityville/farmville put together.

Vie

Nov 18, 2009
After watching that: I'm not even going to bother trying that game.

They just managed to link Doushbaggery and SimCity in my mind, and I don't like it.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
Let's just change EA's tagline to "BECAUSE WE CAN."

They'll never have to answer any more questions.

chimeracreator

Jun 15, 2009
Absolutionis said:
I'm surprised people that hating on Zynga here.

EA has ruined franchises, pushed EA Download Manager, and rushed incomplete games only to charge for DLC later.
Zynga has does some really seedy things related to selling costumers personal information and the like because of its ties to Facebook. They also used to have all of their games send out those annoying alerts asking you to join them. Finally they blatantly rip off over company's intellectual property. I dislike EA more because I see Zynga as a scummy used cars salesman while EA is a scummy executive, but that doesn't mean that Zynga hasn't done anything disagreeable.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
That video is terrible. And the game will be a terrible dumbed-down mutation of Simcity.

Absolutionis said:
I'm surprised people that hating on Zynga here.

EA has ruined franchises, pushed EA Download Manager, and rushed incomplete games only to charge for DLC later.
Zynga doesn't just make crap games, they blatantly steal game ideas from smaller developers, repackage them, and market their games to become more popular than the original.

"I don't f**king want innovation. You're not smarter than your competitor. Just copy what they do and do it until you get their numbers." - Mark Pincus, Zynga CEO

Both companies are parasites on the intellectual property of talented studios, though.