EA Nukes Command & Conquer Sequel

freedash22

Jun 7, 2013
Desert Punk said:
freedash22 said:
Desert Punk said:
Shaidz said:
Tiberian Sun, BEST C&C ever!!!! The game that got me into gaming, loved those live action Cinematics! FOR THE BROTHERHOOD!
Snip
Oh my god you have no idea how much I envy you.

Tiberian Sun is among my favorite games of all time. I would spend hundreds of dollars to acquire my own copy of that platinum edition. Sadly I was a stupid child when it came out and didnt understand what a treasure it would become.

The same with those old GDI and NOD lapel pins in that little westwood catalogue. I really, really should have ordered a few sets of those, but I was too young to appreciate how awesome they would be.
And your appreciation is appreciated. You treasure great things that remind us of who we are as gamers and that is priceless. Ebay is your friend if you want to get one of these. Just wait and one will show up, it may be a long while though but one will come eventually. Now as for those NOD lapel pins, oh man, I'd love one of those in my bag.

But don't be so hard on yourself-- none of us could have predicted this. 13 years ago I thought Westwood was an invincible gaming hero. I had no idea what EA would eventually do. In my eyes, they were awesome good guys just like Westwood. I was just a little kid with no internet. Even if there were internet reviews already, I can imagine I wouldn't have cared anyway. Now I know better. Far better. At least out of this painful loss, we all became more caring, principled and vigilant--- characteristics I doubt many people in the games industry leadership have.

Frankster

Space Ace
Mar 13, 2009
Hang on wasn't the studio called BIOWARE victory?

Or did they give up on adding the bioware name to random studios gimmick?

Anyways I dont know anything about the new c and c so can't judge one way or another.

ShakerSilver

Professional Procrastinator
Nov 13, 2009
Y'know what, this is for the best. As someone who played the beta, I can honestly say I was not impressed. While I'm sure EA will try to bring the game back, it's better that the series stay dead and not be zombified anymore.