EA Really Doesn't Want to be The Worst Company In America

Roxor

Nov 4, 2010
At this point, I think EA getting taken over by Ubisoft would be an improvement.

TomLikesGuitar

Jul 6, 2010
Hey guys...

How about instead of complaining about Sim City DRM, do some research and wait like 2 days before you buy it.

And 90% of the time DRM isn't even that bad. Get over it people; it's the way of the future of gaming, and it's honestly mostly your guys' fault for pirating so much.

DRM is a temporary solution to theft and it won't last/ be intrusive enough to matter (albeit rarely) for much longer.

EDIT: Keep in mind this company just lost ~$50,000,000 in sales from Sim City reparations.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123161-Electronic-Arts-Repeats-as-Worst-Company-in-America

Well, that was completely expected.

I doubt EA will listen, but who knows? Maybe they'll change their wa...bursts out laughing Ahh who am I kidding! They're EA!

Not Matt

Nov 3, 2011
"The tallest trees catch the most wind," argues EA's Peter Moore. ....? does anyone know the meaning of the word platitude? because this is a prime example of it.

if you don't want to be labeled "worst company" then change your stinking business practices. you make good games but you suck all the fun out of them. i suggest firing all your executives and bringing in people who thing about quality rather than the once you have now, because those guys eat money and shit ..... shit, but it is twice as bad shit as normal shit.

i think what sealed the deal was simcity. because making a game we wanted and then making it nearly impossible to use is just down right a douche move

Pinkros

Mar 15, 2010
Dexter111 said:
@Dexter111: Thank you, that was awesomley written. couldn't have said it better myself. Is it okay if I link your post on tumblr specifically to make people realise the stupidity?

OT: No.... Just... No. This is horrible, and this is basically EA going "WAAAAhHHH We're not worst! We don't mistreat humans! Look at these people, they're much more evil than us!" Even though I despise and ridicule them, they do somewhere have a point: there are far worse things one can do than make shitty games.... BUT THAT DOES NOT EXCUSE NOT TRYING TO MAKE BETTER GAMES!

(Remember, kids: caps is cruise control for cool.)

BakedZnake

Sep 27, 2010
GAMES importance >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> People losing their homes because bank companies screwing them over, companies using sweatshops in developing countries and child labour.... yhhhhhh right

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
You dont EA?

Then heres an idea. Stop telling us we are wrong to want you to stop turning the industry into a cesspool.

Seriously. this is Microsoft level "We know better than you do" tripe.

It IS DRM, It IS useless to paying customers.

Micro transactions ARE a plague on the INTEGRITY of gaming.

There IS no room for a platform like Origin that is more cumbersome and works inferiorly to steam especially when you also demand abdication of rights in order to access it.

People arent upset over Madden cover art, they are upset over the audacity to charge 60+ dollars for cover art because that is essentially the only thing that really distinguishes one installment from another.

And it does not matter if you like it or not when you take a poltical stance in an issue, it is wrong of you to tell people who disagree with you that they are wrong for rejecting your position. You chose to alienate a group of people, they have EVERY justification to be upset with you for it. For a company that holds Bioware, a studio built around games where the relevancy and consequences of choice are paramount, how can you not understand something as simple as every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

So you dont want to be the worst company in America? Stop being the worst "know it all" "selfishly greedy" "draconian" "bigoted" company. In short, and TL DR. Stop earning the distinction. You saying "NO" does not actually make anyone agree to you or wrong because they dont.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
SoMuchSpace said:
EA's response to being crowned WCIA again

Seriously people, Get over it.
That made me laugh.

EA: Because arguing with our consumer base is easier than trying to please them.

WarpZone

Mar 9, 2008
The tallest trees catch the most wind. At EA we remain proud and unbowed.
Translation: "We're too big to fail. We will not change our ways. We don't owe gamers anything. Deal with it."

HellbirdIV

May 21, 2009
Some claim there's no room for Origin as a competitor to Steam. 45 million registered users are proving that wrong.
That might mean something if people weren't forced to register just to play games published by EA, even if they purchased said game on a physical disc.

I have 4 games on Origin. Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 3, Dead Space 3 and Star Wars The Old Republic. All of which I purchased physical copies of and was forced to register a goddamn Origin account to use and, in the case of ME3 and DS3, even play. I'm always online on Steam, to chat with people, update games, browse the Store - I'm only ever online on Origin if I have no other choice.

That's why you're the worst company in America, EA. Not because you put lesbians in Mass Effect, not because people are petty about who goes on the cover of your millions of re-releases of sports games, but because your business practices actually hinder your customers.

shemoanscazrex3

Mar 24, 2010
TomLikesGuitar said:
Hey guys...

How about instead of complaining about Sim City DRM, do some research and wait like 2 days before you buy it.

And 90% of the time DRM isn't even that bad. Get over it people; it's the way of the future of gaming, and it's honestly mostly your guys' fault for pirating so much.

DRM is a temporary solution to theft and it won't last/ be intrusive enough to matter (albeit rarely) for much longer.

EDIT: Keep in mind this company just lost ~$50,000,000 in sales from Sim City reparations.
Lol I'm complaining about EA's DRM because I actually want to buy the game so much but they're making it hard for me to do that so I won't. Waaaaaaait where is the source that says EA lost 50 million dollars because they screwed themselves over and though "reparations" were gonna make everyone not mad?

Gameguy20100

Sep 6, 2012
HellbirdIV said:
Some claim there's no room for Origin as a competitor to Steam. 45 million registered users are proving that wrong.
That might mean something if people weren't forced to register just to play games published by EA, even if they purchased said game on a physical disc.

I have 4 games on Origin. Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 3, Dead Space 3 and Star Wars The Old Republic. All of which I purchased physical copies of and was forced to register a goddamn Origin account to use and, in the case of ME3 and DS3, even play. I'm always online on Steam, to chat with people, update games, browse the Store - I'm only ever online on Origin if I have no other choice.

That's why you're the worst company in America, EA. Not because you put lesbians in Mass Effect, not because people are petty about who goes on the cover of your millions of re-releases of sports games, but because your business practices actually hinder your customers.
Right and this makes them worse than company's who have left people bankrupt and homeless how?

OneOfTheMichael's

Jul 26, 2010
Gameguy20100 said:
HellbirdIV said:

Right and this makes them worse than company's who have left people bankrupt and homeless how?
As said before this was posted on a website for consumerism so companies responsible for oil spills or billions of banking dollars lost, do not apply. Yeah I hate EA like everyone else for origin and many other things but what I hate most is that they are giving companies that make the games a bad name. Bioware is actually located in my city and from what I understand, the reason the games are complained about were because of the EA brand who put their shitt on it while rushing development. They probably could of had a better ending if they spent a bit more time on thinking about the game but because EA makes sports games which are yearly, they apply deadline to every other game.