EA Releases Spore De-Authorization Tool

shatnershaman

May 8, 2008
Well this is great for all those people who bought it and no longer have it on their machines and the DRM less pirated versions. Great solution EA! Maybe instead of putting a useless band-aid on Spore you could have kept a few jobs.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
That's nice and all but after trying to reinstall Far Cry 2, I think I can safely say that "De-authorization doesn't FUCKING work."

Badmagic

Nov 2, 2007
um, just un-installed my legitimate installs of Mass Effect, Spore and some crappy Lord of the rings game, despite it asking me to revoke during un-installation and then confirming it had revoked successfully this "tool" after a reboot reports those games as having an activation used, further the individual removal tools it links too for each title spit up a ""There is a problem with verifying ownership of your game. Please verify your game registration code and reinstall your game."" error...

Don't know about anyone else but I may well obtain SecuROM protected games in future but I'll never pay for one again until they fix this nonsense once and for all.

...additional edit

Sorry, just saw I was doing some necromancy, thought this topic was the more recent "tool" release topic.