EA Rep May Have Influenced Reddit Mods To Censor Battlefront Critics

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
FalloutJack said:
EA is a buncha' dicks.
If you think a statement like that isn't lawsuit bait, I don't know what to tell you.

Edit to clarify: in terms of a news article. There's a difference between what I can say as a person and what I can write as a journalist.

I'm not accusing anyone of doing anything illegal or anything to that extent.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Karadalis said:
Well EA is certainly not going to give up the golden poop medal without a decent fight it seems...
My vote is still going to Comcast. EA affects maybe one game I play a year. Comcast's policies impact any game I play that requires any online component or any game I download.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
See everyone? THIS is what censorship looks like! Not a game being slightly changed in a way you don't like.

Oh EA, will you ever run out of stupid shit to do?

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Soviet Heavy said:
And the amount of sales this will prevent remains negligible because gamers have got no spine.
I think the problem is that gamers who were really pissed off at EA and follow stuff like this already stopped buying their crap awhile back. "Damn you EA! I'm not buying the game I wasn't going to buy anyway because I don't like 60 dollar multiplayer only games!" isn't really something that'll make them change their ways.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
erttheking said:
See everyone? THIS is what censorship looks like! Not a game being slightly changed in a way you don't like.
But the technical definition taken in the loosest and most trivial sense says....

Ah, I forget the rest. Anyway, I was more interested in your other comment.

erttheking said:
I think the problem is that gamers who were really pissed off at EA and follow stuff like this already stopped buying their crap awhile back. "Damn you EA! I'm not buying the game I wasn't going to buy anyway because I don't like 60 dollar multiplayer only games!" isn't really something that'll make them change their ways.
I don't know why that would be the case here, when we've seen so many times the calls are coming from inside the house in other cases.

Michael Bay seems to be right: there's no real point in changing a product for fans because they'll buy it anyway. People who complained about Watch Dogs bought it. People who complained about Aliens: CM bought it. Hardline. Black Ops. Halo. Assassin's Creed. You can probably find a good number of people who complained about Garden Warfare who bought it anyway.

I'm sure a good number of the people complaining weren't ever going to buy, but I think you're downplaying the number of people who were and still will.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Something Amyss said:
It's really hard to say one way or another considering there's no hard numbers on the subject matter, but one way or another they do seem to be making enough money to not care don't they?

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Something Amyss said:
FalloutJack said:
EA is a buncha' dicks.
If you think a statement like that isn't lawsuit bait, I don't know what to tell you.

Edit to clarify: in terms of a news article. There's a difference between what I can say as a person and what I can write as a journalist.

I'm not accusing anyone of doing anything illegal or anything to that extent.
Not everything I'm saying in my posts here is 'This should be put in the news verbatim', dude. Obviously, news sites are gonna be a bit more polite on the matter, but it's what they're gonna mean, regardless. My actual statement of "EA is being EA again" is simple, direct, and can only lawfully be read as "EA is doing the same stuff that plenty of news sites like us have reported negatively before". Calling someone on their shit is what they do. Lampshading the fact as I have done doesn't even surpass their Golden Poo Awards, so good luck getting anyone ground to dust for those reasons. I'm sure you're just saying we don't need to be rude about it, but after a while, even the stiffest upper-lip of the most durable man of the UK will tell someone to piss off. These things have limits. They're lucky that news sites are as nice as they are about it.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
erttheking said:
It's really hard to say one way or another considering there's no hard numbers on the subject matter, but one way or another they do seem to be making enough money to not care don't they?
Well, this much we can agree on. Either way, it's a given they won't care.

Blitsie

Jul 2, 2012
Fappy said:
Just when EA was starting to get positive PR too. What a clown show.
Yeah, and on top of it the biggest problem with this (otherwise great from what I've heard) game is in fact EA, with the lack of depth and content being quite suspicious with that expensive season pass and so.

But eh, not surprising at all, its not like EA got any less terrible, they just didn't have any good chances lately to be their usual bad selves.