EA Says Not to Worry About Old Republic Shortages

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Lono Shrugged said:
EA marketing exec A: "How can we get gamers to buy more copies of our game before we release it?"

Exec B: (Takes massive hit of crack) "cough! cough! Uh....... we could pretend they've sold out like gangbusters and tell people not to panic there will be enough for everyone. Of course they will panic because gaming news websites post any old shit we say with zero editorial"

Exec A: "Genius! The dull fuckers will eat that shit up like nude DLC! Now where is Dr. Mabuse with the latest reports?"
Sounds like an accurate reflection of both consumers and execs.

JFSOCC

Apr 5, 2010
I hope this game will bomb, for raping my favourite franchise.
Not just Star Wars which was already going down the drain fast, but also Knights of the Old Republic. Not only are the ignoring the better one (the Sith Lords) because it sold poorly, and are rewriting cannon, but they are doing every goddamn cliché in the book. this shit is so trite it's not even funny.

Gennadios

Aug 19, 2009
Why not just print 2 million copies? If people don't buy they can always crush and bury in a New Mexico landfill...

On that note, there's always digital distribution, finding a "copy" won't be too hard.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Well, that's good and all, but when are you going to lift up the regional limits of the game?, when am I be able to even look at the preorder page EA?

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
They think they're gonna be successful enough to risk running out of copies?

That's cute ^.^

Evil Top Hat

May 21, 2011
Aeshi said:
They think they're gonna be successful enough to risk running out of copies?

That's cute ^.^
Considering that it managed to out sell Skyrim and Battlefield 3 in it's first available for preorder month AND it's already sold out nearly 2 months before release, I think it's safe to say that the game will be successful.

Infinatex

BLAM!Headshot?!
May 19, 2009
ShakenBake said:
This is not the game you're looking for. Move along.
Hahaha! Win!

I think it will appeal to more peeps if you actually released it everywhere!! Oh well I'll probably be able to pick it up in a bundle with the first expansion by the time it's released in Australia!

El Luck

Jul 22, 2011
Satsuki666 said:
TimeLord said:
You know EA, this wouldn't be an issue if you were releasing it over Steam...

Note: If EA are releasing it over Steam and I am merely behind on information then please declare this post invalid.
Yes because we all know releasing it on steam would have so much effect on how many people The Old Republics servers can hold. Oh wait it would not change anything at all.
I think he's going on about downloading the game, not playing it. Though I could be wrong

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
animehermit said:
JFSOCC said:
I hope this game will bomb, for raping my favourite franchise.
Not just Star Wars which was already going down the drain fast, but also Knights of the Old Republic. Not only are the ignoring the better one (the Sith Lords) because it sold poorly, and are rewriting cannon, but they are doing every goddamn cliché in the book. this shit is so trite it's not even funny.
oh please, they haven't ignored anything, The Exile is in the fucking game. So the fact that you seem to think they've ignored KOTOR II's continuity is ignorance on your part.
I would love to see a source on that statement.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
That is cool. I would be pretty disappointed if I couldn't pick up my Collector's Edition of the game. I can't wait to play as an Imperial Agent.