EA shuts down Maxis

Windcaler

Nov 7, 2010
Maxis was already a shell of its former self. It had been for many many years even before the debacle of Sim city and the Sims 4. However I think its the executives that dont really understand consumers these days. Everytime one of them opens their mouth they say something stupid that common sense would tell the normal person "what Im about to say is stupid"

Yet one more reason why Im moving away from AAA gaming. To much bloat, double speak, empty promises, and failure to acknowledge mistakes. Bring on just single A and indie gaming, thats seems to be where all the good and interesting projects are at right now

Loalrikowki

Jul 6, 2012
Jung Frankenstein said:
We've gone from the Republic to Caesar vs. Marc Antony, which as we all know, ends with Nero fiddling while Rome burns.
Actually, Nero played the lyre. Fiddles wouldn't be developed for another few centuries.

...I'll see myself out.

Mar 30, 2010
I'd love to make a snarky comment about EA 'killing modern gaming' and all but I've got to be honest - the last Maxis game I played was Sim City 2000.

Maximum Bert

Feb 3, 2013
Not surprising its the EA way buy out a company for the name milk it for all its worth drive out a lot of the talent and stiffle the rest then when it has lost all value destroy it and move on.

I fully expect Bioware to go this way within a decade if not sooner.

Gatlank

Aug 26, 2014
WHAT? No! Really? I cant believe EA would to that! It's like, there was never a pattern there so how would we know?
Truth be told i thought Maxis would last at least one more game before biting the dust.
Any bets which one is going down next?

Generalissimo

Your Commander-in-Chief
Legacy
Jun 15, 2011
Country
UK
Another one bites the dust
This was to be expected, really but not really right now. well, had to happen at some point I suppose. I wonder when bioware's turn is.