EA Sues Zynga for Copying The Sims Social

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
Hoo boy this is like watching two bullies thug on each other and leaving the nerds alone.

/popcorn

Scorpid

Jul 24, 2011
Fappy said:
By the time this is all said and done EA will be getting the few remaining nickles out of whatever couches Zynga has left in their office. Way to kick them while they are bleeding from the eye sockets guys.
Yeah probably not a coincidence seems to me. Even if they can't prove the case they can drag it out to further damage Zynga's finances. If Zynga goes under EA has a better chance of getting some of their market since their games do actually look and function alike. Sneaky but no illegal or even evil I suppose.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
I'm gonna go with Jim on this one. This is two evil corporations having at it, and while this will assuredly kill Zynga if it goes through and succeeds, that still won't make me like EA. I mean, if Hitler killed Stalin, fantastic, Stalin is dead, but Hitler is still Hitler, so there's no reason I should forgive him for what they did.

Either way, we win, I suppose.

Calumon: ...This is a boring way of evil people fighting. Too much words! >.<

Britisheagle

May 21, 2009
Saviordd1 said:
I'm...rooting for EA?

Seriously, this seems like an "end world" scenario.
I too feel this way. EA could lead the charge in making developers for casual games actually create something a little unique.

That being said, I swear it wasn't too long ago Gamesworkshop were complaining about EA using the designs of thr vehicles in that browser based game?

TKIR

Sep 7, 2011
I looked at The Ville video on youtube the other day and even the music was basically lifted and slightly changed from The Sims 3.

weirdee

Swamp Weather Balloon Gas
Apr 11, 2011
If we take one further step back, Cityville is ripping off Simcity...original, so, yeah.

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
Normally I wouldn't praise EA (even if they saved my gradmother from bears), but yeah go EA! Destory a studio who deserves it for once!

yuval152

Jul 6, 2011
YES! zynga(not even worth the capital letter) are a bunch of bullies,they steal from smaller companies who can't fend from themselves and now they are gonna get shut off becuase of it.

Karma is a *****.

Mike the Bard

Jan 25, 2010
Props for EA for not looking like the bad guys this time. I have the feeling they'll win just on the ascetics alone. the only difference between Sim Social and the Ville visually is that The Ville looks like a WoW character turned into a House.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
Charli said:
Hoo boy this is like watching two bullies thug on each other and leaving the nerds alone.

/popcorn
Pass the popcorn and pull up a seat.

OT: Don't they not copy but just imaginativate them?

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
I sincerely hope EA wins this one. Judging by the screenshots embedded in the article, Zynga clearly copied it -- as they do oftentimes. Oh, silly Zynga. You will be crushed for good now.

Wow, if EA wins this, they actually have a positive impact on the mobile gaming market. A pleasant surprise.
EA seems to have been behaving quite well recently, it looks like they realised that their publicity was worse than they thought.

Edit: Now, if only the creators of Crush the Castle has sued the creators of Angry Birds...