EA: We Never Want to Be Named Worst U.S. Company Again

Storm Dragon

Nov 29, 2011
I read this article last night before I went to bed, and I had the most wonderful dream. In it, EA followed through on these promises and completely reformed themselves, eventually becoming a much-beloved game company. I know it was only a dream, but maybe just a small part of it can come true.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Well considering they're holding the Sims series hostage I'm guessing someone's going to win "Worst US Company" again.

And for the people who complain about worse companies not being picked, here's the thing: they don't give a damn at all, yet EA is spazzing out about this like this could actually hurt them in a real way. So yes, there are far worse companies that should be flat out destroyed but EA seems to be the only one who cares about getting this award.

small

Aug 5, 2014
Neverhoodian said:
You know, in a way I actually agree. I'm no fan of EA by any stretch of the imagination, but they aren't nearly as repulsive as some other companies out there. Also, there were those free giveaways of The Sims 2 and Wing Commander III on Origin recently. That's a far cry from their "no Steam sale equivalents here!" stance just a year or two ago.

Having said that, I'm not willing to give them the benefit of the doubt just yet. We heard this kind of rhetoric the last time EA got a new boss and things didn't change. No, they're going to have to earn my trust, and a few good deeds in the last year aren't enough to make up for decades of bullshit.
you summed it up well for me. they have done some good with giving away games, heck the sims 2 and all the expansions for one. so yes they are trying.

BUT, they have managed to basically break three separate franchises for fans recently with dungeon keeper, simcity and the sims 4.

all ive heard about sims 4 is that it has some improvements but feels so much smaller and bland