EA: We Never Want to Be Named Worst U.S. Company Again

masticina

Jan 19, 2011
Really what can I add.

This is putting a smile on my face. Because they still are going to get my vote unless something horribly worse shows up. Yes there are a few rotten banks and there is comcast but.. EA we are loyal to you. Loyal to making sure that you feel all the damage you have done to gaming.

Reyold

Jun 18, 2012
Zombie Badger said:
It's telling that EA don't say they want to improve, but that they don't want to be *named* worst company again.
HA! I didn't even realize that. It's so much easier to simply not be the worst rather than actually improving.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Err I would say they got a long way to go if they want to redeem themselves. They already cause way too many damages to repair.

sniddy_v1legacy

Jul 10, 2010
So this is the company that set up origin to skin people even more when selling the 1001 DLC packs they spew out, and really has treated the consumer as...well rubbish

Maybe the way forward, not being the worst company....and maybe not fleecing the customer with poor products, DLC and terrible customer service, allowing people off your platform if they want to play anything you release....and you know releasing a quality product and if you do release any DLC aim more for the old add on pack that actually is a 'mini game' instead of stuff that should have been int eh game, or add next to nothing

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
I will continue to treat the issue regarding EA as I have for a while now:

They are not the worst company ever, as their business practices do not kill people. Some of the games that come out under their label are solid, and I will point my money at them. Not my full-price money, because I need to wait for some reliable reviews before buying, and games that are worth sixty bucks are exceptionally rare, but still.

Do4600

Oct 16, 2007
"His new goal is to make EA a "player-first" company."

After, you know, stock holders, critics, the CEO, the board of directors and the almighty dollar.

I haven't bought an EA game for long while now, frankly, watching that company whither, atrophy and die would give me far more entertainment then playing their games ever would at this point.

circularlogic88

Knower of Nothing
Oct 9, 2010
Do4600 said:
"His new goal is to make EA a "player-first" company."

After, you know, stock holders, critics, the CEO, the board of directors and the almighty dollar.

I haven't bought an EA game for long while now, frankly, watching that company whither, atrophy and die would give me far more entertainment then playing their games ever would at this point.
Cold blooded! XD

But I do share your views.

So long as he has to answer to a board and investors, players will never be first.

Denamic

Aug 19, 2009
Words are cheap, especially when you're still doing the same old shit despite your rosy words. "From here on out, we'll no longer screw our loyal customers and we shall do our utmost to never again be considered the worst company. Now, bend over and brace yourself."

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Let us all turn to Chapter 32 of the Book of St. Carlin of Comedy, regarding businesses and customers.

EA, we want to open up a dialogue with you over the phone. Remember, your call is very important to us!

...Heh...

Heh heh heh heh heh...

CManator

Nov 8, 2010
TippiestRook said:
MarsAtlas said:
Yeah, and I want swimming pools to drown toddlers in The Sims 4.

Riccitiello said the same thing. While Origin is genuinely improving, they haven't improved in any other way. They're still in Golden Poo territory for the BF4 launch, Dungeon Keeper, and the stripped-down Sims 4 release, but I doubt they'll win it again.

TippiestRook said:
EAs reaction after making this statement.
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/796467/dr-evil-laugh-o.gif
(No idea how to post a gif here)
Put brackets around "img" and "/img", and then put the image link in the middle of them, no spaces. Quote me to see it at work.

Thank you so much!

I don't know why, but seeing the same gif twice in one post got me laughing pretty hard. It actually looked a lot like this:

OT: Eh, I don't really care anymore. I'm reminded of an abusive husband who's all, "Oh baby you know I only hit you cuz I love you, but I promise I can change!" Of course he doesn't actually change, and when she finally leaves his ass, he just goes after the next poor girl who believes his bullshit. And just like him, EA doesn't actually believe they are wrong, they just want to stop getting nagged about it.

I will say this though. EA is NOT the worst company in america. Not even close. Worst video game company? Perhaps, but they have strong competition. And personally, My gaming life has been more deeply impacted by the disappointments from SquareEnix, Capcom, And Nintendo. They were a much bigger part of my life than EA ever was.

Samael Barghest

Mar 5, 2014
The answer is simple. Stop being so serious and bring back EA Big. The wacky sports and fighting games is where it's at.

Siege_TF

May 9, 2010
He also addresses another black eye for EA, the launch of the "free-to-play" Dungeon Keeper earlier this year. "As you push the boundaries, things are not always going to go how you like," Wilson said.
The problem was, is, and continues to be that these 'boundaries' are not what the medium can provide, but what the consumers will tolerate.

milijanko

Nov 19, 2013
Mortis Nuncius said:
There definitely have been improvements in the way EA handles things, generally speaking. Origin is a much better service than it used to be. Somehow download speeds are significantly better than on Steam, which I'm still not entirely sure how the limits are determined...
Yeah, about those Origin download speeds... Last time I had Origin installed (and that was a quite some time ago now) download speeds Origin showed on the screen were false. For some reason Origin calculated the download speed based on the uncompressed data and not the actual downloaded data.
E.G. you downloaded 1 MB of data in 1 second. But Origin first uncompressed that data to, lets say, 1.5MB and then showed the download speed as 1.5 MB/s even though the real download speed was 1MB/s.
So did they actually improved the download speeds or is EA still BS-ing us even with something idiotic as that.

Also, is the bug that stops your download every ~30 minutes still there? Because that was the reason I uninstalled Origin last time. WTF am I supposed to do with a digital download service that will not let me to download games...

But when I think about it, EA has not disappointed me once since I stopped giving it money. I may be for the best to keep it that way :)

Gameguy20100

Sep 6, 2012
Calm Down EA.

It's not like you got anything that bad.

An online poll run by a bunch of whining entitled brats is not going to affect you at all.

Just make your damn games and don't worry about anything else.

Excludos

Sep 14, 2008
And so continues the long lasting tradition from EA of spewing bullshit, apologies and promises of redemption, while continuously doing the exact opposite of what they're telling us. It's so fucking offensive

alj

Master of Unlocking
Nov 20, 2009
Whist i think EA are doing a few things right , for the most part they have a terrible business practice.

They overspend to make inferior products and wonder why people don't buy them.
They kill or abuse beloved franchises and wonder why they don't sell as many as the original or previous installments.
They try to homogenize everything so all the games are basically just a re-skin of each other.

I could go on, but in short they are short sited and abuse there customer and could not work to a realistic budget if there life depended on it.

Now as i said they do a few things right, origin has improved massively, good download speed and you can get refunds of any game oh and you get a free game now and again , usually an up-sell yes but i have had a bit of fun with them. Yes origin is overpriced but that what mexican proxys are for.

lordofpowies

Jul 20, 2013
Wow, is this for real? It is baffling, not to mention pretty insulting, how EA (and most big companies, for that matter) think that they will eventually alter the truth if they say enough blatant falsehoods.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Mortis Nuncius said:
Somehow download speeds are significantly better than on Steam, which I'm still not entirely sure how the limits are determined.
They are not. Origin lies about download speed. Steam shows your actual download speed and size of actual download. Origin shows you uncompressed files size and speed based on how much uncompressed files take, instead of what your downloading. you actually download at the same speed from both, its just that with steam you see download speed while with Origin you see disk write speed renamed to download speed.

omega 616 said:
I don't get it, it's not hard to avoid that title ... all you have to do is do read a few forums and see what gamers like and dislike, we literally say "X is shit, we want Y".

I know what the problem is, non-gamers telling gamers what they want. Managers and up are business people, they know how to make money and protect what is theirs ... what they don't know is what gamers want. We will happily pay for quality games but being nickel and dimed pisses us off!
erm, they dont want to give gamers what they want. what the OP quotes states is that they are taking actions to increase their share value.

Saltyk said:
So they plan to change their name, do they? I wonder what the new company name will be... FU?

In all seriousness, I doubt they have much choice in that. Unless they actually change the way they make games and sell them, I doubt many people will be donning "I <3 EA" shirts anytime soon.
No, the new name change will be very simple and realistic: Early Access, EA for short.

Lunar Templar said:
The fact EA was ever named 'worst company' is just stupid. They are far from the worst. That fact a VIDEO GAME COMPANY beat out businesses and banks that are doing real harm to peoples lively hood is just sad.
Of course. the worst company is clearly CapCom.

Lunar Templar said:
Still smacks of '1st world problems' to me, not to mention a stunning lack of awareness.
Yes, your post certainly does. You complain about an award from an internet journal and then completely lack awareness of what it represents.

Golden Poo is awareded to the company that is at that moment getting the most readers of Consumerist pissed off. Unlike those companies using african slaves for your ipod, EA pisses people off directly and constantly, making much more people dislike it far more. The award is less worst company and more getting the community most riled up about them.

Metalrocks said:
ok, they showed minor improvements like releasing free games. thats a plus i think a lot here will agree with. i mean dead space, BF3 (kind of obvious but still) peggle and some other titles.
thats pretty much all Origins teams work and they are pretty independent from what one of their people told me.

circularlogic88 said:
Not unless they wanna unlock bonus content for Call of Duty. The kinect will actually scans and looks for what you as the player are wearing and will give you bonus content in multiplayer matches, but as soon as you take off your I <3 EA shirt, it locks you out of your session.
will it turn on autoaim if your holding dewritos?

circularlogic88

Knower of Nothing
Oct 9, 2010
Strazdas said:
circularlogic88 said:
Not unless they wanna unlock bonus content for Call of Duty. The kinect will actually scans and looks for what you as the player are wearing and will give you bonus content in multiplayer matches, but as soon as you take off your I <3 EA shirt, it locks you out of your session.
will it turn on autoaim if your holding dewritos?
Anything is possible with the power of Dewritos

In Geoff Keighley we trust, Amen.