EA Will Delay Battlefront if Something Goes Wrong

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
How can they delay a game that came out on the original xbox? It's been out for a long time, impossible to delay but not impossible to recall.

Alfador_VII

Nov 2, 2009
Console launch will be on Nov 20th whatever state it's in, I could see the PC version being pushed back, but not likely

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
If this is genuine on his part it is good to see such a positive change in mindset at EA. I'm just not quite ready to believe it is genuine yet.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Translation: Disney is breathing down our shoulders and we would be in so much trouble if we screw up their big new franchise.

Makabriel

May 13, 2013
Unless they plan on visiting every person that plans to purchase the game and test on their machine, good luck.

JohnZ117

A blind man before the Elephant
Jun 19, 2012
Ralancian said:
Multiplayer game based on popular FPS based on an IP in a massively popular universe. If this doesn't have server issues at launch (at the very best long lobby screens) I'll eat my hat (I don't own a hat).

Btw, EA great job at hedging your bets.

Paragon Fury

The Loud Shadow
Jan 23, 2009
But will you delay it for not delivering the kind of Battlefront games the customer and Battlefront player wanted is the question?

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Elfgore said:
Slow down, EA. Don't want to get to progressive when it comes to the basic consumer rights of releasing a working product.
You know, I can just imagine perfectly the right character in your avatar saying that as the girl in the background (EA) silently charges up her attack to mess you up.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
008Zulu said:
Riiight.

Ok, taking bets; The game has significant server issues from launch.
No bets. It's a solid definitely.

I WILL place bets that this is a pre-emptive ass-covering when it DOES go wrong.

PBMcNair

Aug 31, 2009
Steven Bogos said:
EA Will Delay Battlefront if Something Goes Wrong
I've seen the list of content missing from Battlefront 1 and 2. Things have already gone wrong.

martyrdrebel27

Feb 16, 2009
Soviet Heavy said:
I don't see why they're doing this, the game has gone wrong on several fundamental levels already.
yep, that's what i was gonna say. the game breaking bugs are the game you turned this into.

game breaking bug: space battles seem to be missing.

actually, i can't say anything here that eastarwars.com hasn't already said.

Fallow

NSFB
Oct 29, 2014
Naah, don't be so negative, guys.

If there's one company you can always trust to be ethical and do right by their customers, it's EA.
Didn't they get voted most ethical company twice in a row or something?

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
MetalDooley said:
Company declares "We won't release product if it's not ready to be released"...Says a lot about the current state of the industry that this is considered newsworthy.

Just another reason why I love Nintendo games.People can say what they want about their perceived lack of originality etc but at least their games are not released before they're finished.It's very rare for a first party Nintendo games to have any major bugs at launch
For all the complaining I do about Nintendo that is one thing I will take my hat (if I wore one often) off to them over. Their games bloody work on day 1.

Oly J said:
Well...Origin does offer refunds I think, and now that Steam does too, I'd say it's only a matter of time before Consoles implement a refund policy just to avoid looking bad, and I think publishers suspect this. The time is coming when someone who bought a broken game can just return it and get their money back (should've been the standard from the get-go really but them's the breaks) Publishers hate that this is happening no doubt, it will probably do nothing for the lying and excuse-making for avoidable issues that DON'T break a game, but it should teach certain companies the value of customer satisfaction...at least I hope this is what's happening
Consoles already have a refund policy, I take my copy of the game back to the store I bought it and demand a refund for the faulty product. One thing I like consoles over PC for, the fact it's less of a headache for a refund (until Origin, GoG and now Steam fixed this)

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Well, judging by the fact that everybody who played the game at E3 came away from it with a resounding "meh", I wouldn't be surprised if it did get delayed and reworked following the feedback, at least, provided that EA actually listens to the criticism.

marioandsonic

Nov 28, 2009
"EA will delay Battlefront when something goes wrong"

Fixed the title for you there. I seriously have no faith in EA at all.