Earth is dying, You gotta leave, Pick a planet!

MCrewdson001

Jul 4, 2011
i would go with A since B seems the only other good sensible choice and i would hate to lose any brain power

Grimh

Feb 11, 2009
Hmmm, let's think about this...

Cybernetic enhancements, or being anywhere remotely close to giant bugs...

Yup sign me up for a full conversion. Time to go metal.
Runner up would probably be Earth elemental as I imagine I would become pretty laid back just lazily wandering around with a small tree growing out of my arching stony back.

Angelous Wang

Lord of I Don't Care
Oct 18, 2011
I hate heat, but if you are giving me option of turning into a meat-head or a cyborg, I pick cyborg every time.

Plus y'know cybernetics inevitably lead to nano-tech and then it's Deus Ex from there on.

C isn't an option, I am too attached to my penis.

Bouns:
A meets B > A enslaves B via weaponry or other technology, then possibly kills them anyway. (Neanderthal meets Cro-Magnum Homo Sapiens all over again).

A meets C > A enslaves, exploits (free energy ect) and kills C's via technology.

B meets C > B attacks C out of fear, fire/energy/rock C's kill B, water C's get killed (fragile suits).

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
If we must go with single Biome planets I'm going with a Vancouver Planet [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/UsefulNotes/Vancouver?from=Main.StargateCity]

Da Orky Man

Yeah, that's me
Apr 24, 2011
Heronblade said:
AC10 said:
Clowndoe said:
AC10 said:
If the air had 3x the oxygen in it, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be able to breathe it.
We could actually. Part of the reason Apollo 1 went up the way it did was because NASA at the time liked having 100% oxygen in the cabin. Nitrogen is completely inert to us, so we can take it or leave it.
Oh, okay! I'm not really a biologist or a chemist lol.
It is a bit more complicated than that, Oxygen can indeed be toxic to humans, but whether it is or not is not determined by percentage, but by its partial pressure. So long as this planet has less than one standard atmosphere worth of air pressure, perhaps by about 30% (guessing here, not sure of actual values), we'd be fine. A high percentage of O2 can actually act as a stimulant to oxygen breathers. More energy, less time spent recuperating from exertion, that kind of thing.

Elevated O2 levels are also what allowed cockroaches the size of Great Danes to grow in Earth's past, as well as on this hypothetical planet.

OT: I'd be tempted to pick A, but would have quite a few questions concerning the cybernetics first. Depending on the disadvantages involved, the... chaos of planet C may be more palatable. B would appeal to me about as much as staying on Earth to die of radiation poisoning.
The other disadvantage is that an atmosphere that rich in oxygen would spontaneously catchf ire and devastate the entire planet. Even half a billion years ago, out atmosphere was only about 30% oxygen, at 63% every cigarette would be a WMD.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
EMWISE94 said:
Probably should have worded the options better, because while B is of course the preferred option I'd have assumed people would have been scared off by the size difference to be had there, i.e. yes you're buff but you're an ant (earth sized ant) to the current world, for with more O2 does come bigger, or even brawnier, everything, not just the bugs.

krazykidd said:
None. I'm Going down with the ship . Have fun playing Deus Ex on planet A , Turok: dinosaure hunter on planet B and enchanted arms on planet C .

I guess i'll choose planet B . I wanna be buff . As long as the women aren't forced to have one Boob.
I'm totally lost in terms of reference here... that, or amazonification now comes with boob merging side effects :/
Amazones ( like the female warriors ) , use to cut off a boob , to be able to aim better with a bow an arrow . Their boobs litterally got in the way . From what i heard ( or vaguely remember ).

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
Brush up on my mechanical engineering and hit planet B. I might be lynched for a technomancer, or I might be praised as a savior, but I'd specialize in projectile weapons that don't require fancy chemistry or combustion. I would posit that our healthier lifestyle would do nothing but good for our brains, that the loss of technology would only negatively affect the culture and schooling of generations further down the line... which is something I would spend the rest of my life combating.

There's no need to punch the giant cockroach when you can build a ballista out of wood and bark. Hell, we would probably start using their carapaces and sinew for everything from spearheads to gut strings. I'd like to be the guy who engineers the first massive town wall built from the shells of our dead enemies.

As for people from the other planets...
I hope those from planet A would be friendly, because they might torch themselves to shoot us in our oxygen-rich atmosphere... plus, I doubt our alien benefactors would take too kindly to any infighting.

Planet C rock and water people would be cool to meet, but fire and energy people would be pretty incompatible with our planet... spontaneous combustion has never been so inevitable.

I sure as hell wouldn't want to visit their places... who knows, maybe we could make planet B into a tourist destination with our wood-chitin cities and gorgeous landscapes. I imagine either the friendly aliens or Planet A people would want to build a space station in our orbit to serve as a port of call. Maybe we could even start importing metal bit by bit to make our cities more modern... no mining doesn't necessarily mean no technology... it just means limited local production.

Also, no monoboobs on our womenfolk. If you've got that particular size problem, we've got crossbows for you.

rutger5000

Oct 19, 2010
Oxygen is very very very toxic, it's a chemical miracle that earth's biological systems have learned to benefit from it. But I'm pretty sure humans or most earth animals can't live in an environment with 3 times higher oxygen levels then common on earth. (I'm not a biologist though, so I could be wrong).
I'm not really a big fan of the idea, but planet C sounds pretty close to Nirvana, it's sounds like too good of an opportunity to achieve oneness with the universe. Again not a big fan of the idea, but I'd feel arrogant to let such a chance pass, Buddha would slap me in the face if I did.
Otherwise I'd go for planet B, humanity is too smart for our own good. I'd be a good chance to restart our intellectual development, perhaps this time we'll develop never to use lethal weapons, before we develop the intellect to create them.

Koshok

Jan 22, 2011
I'm going to have to go with A. I never have to deal with weather, thanks to my built-in climate control. Really, I'm not seeing the downside here.

Option B, I really don't like insects, the bigger the worse. Plus my brain is my favorite part about me, so I'm not giving that up.

Option C, close contender, but I feel like becoming an elemental golem would reduce my fine-motor control. I'm not cool with that.

Edit: almost forgot the bonus question

From planet B: trying to have an intelligent conversation with the Hulk isn't my idea of a good afternoon. I suppose it depends on how much their intelligence is hindered by the transformation.

From planet C: Honestly, I'm not sure. I would probably consider them hostile until proven otherwise. At that point, I feel like I could get along with them.

Heronblade

Apr 12, 2011
spartandude said:
wouldnt 3 times the oxygen level of earth be highly toxic? thats right, too much oxygen is actually lethal

not to mention that fires would be a real big problem there
rutger5000 said:
Oxygen is very very very toxic, it's a chemical miracle that earth's biological systems have learned to benefit from it. But I'm pretty sure humans or most earth animals can't live in an environment with 3 times higher oxygen levels then common on earth. (I'm not a biologist though, so I could be wrong).
We are quite capable of breathing in 100% oxygen with zero health problems. In fact, many medical cases are treated by giving the patient pure O2 to breathe. Oxygen can indeed be toxic to us, but only when it is at a high specific pressure.

To put it another way, its a bit like the difference between drinking water from a hose and a 4000 PSI hose fed pressure washer. Same amount of water goes into your mouth at the exact same rate, but the latter setup can rip your jaw off.

mb16

make cupcakes not bombs
Sep 14, 2008
i am going A for as we all know he who controls the spices, etc.....

Necron_warrior

OPPORTUNISTIC ANARCHIST
Mar 30, 2011
A or C for me,
Damn you for making me decide between
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111026163524/warhammer40k/images/9/93/MagosExplorator.jpg
or
http://ddragon.leagueoflegends.com/cdn/img/champion/splash/Xerath_0.jpg

:/

I would probably think A and C would be friendly with each other, A being interested in how C works and C generally being laid back.

B on the other hand...sounds kinda savage for co-existance

Drops a Sweet Katana

Folded 1000x for her pleasure
May 27, 2009
B is the only sensible choice. 3x more oxygen to feed muscles and brain tissue, making us stronger, faster and more quick-witted. The large insectoids would likely have no defence against the new super-predators that just arrived on their planet, making them easy fodder. They'd provide carapaces for shelter and tool-making, meat to feed the population and possible candidates for domestication. And also who the fuck said I wouldn't exploit the hell out of this environment? I didn't sign anything! Needless to say, I'd exploit the hell out of the new environment. A small settlement wouldn't cause a full blown ecological collapse. We just have to try and develop methods of exploiting renewable resources.

However, if we're going for cool factor, sign me up for the wandering mountain brigade!

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Planet B

If only because it reminds me of the Futurama episode "Amazone Women in the Mood"

The one called Zapp will be snu-snu'd by the large women; he that is designated Fry... will be snu-snu'd by the petite women. And Kiff, as the most attractive male, will be snu-snu'd by the most beautiful women of Amazonia, then the large women, then the petite women, then the large women again!

SwiftRyde

Aug 24, 2013
No Tundra planet? Then C I guess.

Not A because I hate hot places, therefore hot planets.

And not B because I hate bugs, so giant bugs would be like hell.