eBay

Marcus McLean

May 12, 2010
Being unemployed and potless I have to sell a ton of my stuff on ebay right now. I got all the stuff together and there's over 100 retro games and a lot of DVDs and Star Wars merchandise.

One issue that's come up is I got an email today notifying me that this weekend is a zero insertion fees weekend.

The thing is though, anything you do makes your listings unfit to receive the free listings. These include:
Making it a Buy It Now listing,
Adding more than one picture,
Uploading through a phone,
Uploading using tools or anything that isn't a basic listing form,
Having the starting bid highter than £0.99,
Putting a reserve,
Uploading through a business account.

Now since most of my games will be uploaded as Buy It Nows I can't be too bothered, but I'm worried that there'll be so much competition from everyone else selling the stuff in their attics that I will have to drive my prices down.

Anyone got any advice on what to do?

Kratenser

Sep 18, 2010
Well You could wait until Monday when the zero insertion is over, that should help and also remember, you're selling retro games and star wars merch, eBay allows you to sell pretty much anything so I wouldn't be too worried about competition if I were you. I won't make the claim that there won't be any but, not as much as you may think.

Also, lemme know when you start selling stuff, I'll be sure to take a look ;)

devotedsniper

Dec 28, 2010
Those insertion free weekends happen every few weeks it won't make a difference to yours provided your listing are reasonably priced.