Editor's Note: Alternative Access

Jordan Deam

Jan 11, 2008
Alternative Access

The way we game changes with the medium. And as the authors in this issue make abundantly clear, that medium may be changing faster than we realize.

Read Full Article

Gaderael

Apr 14, 2009
It's an issue about gaming without discs, brought to you by the magazine without paper. Enjoy!
I love this line. Very clever. Haven't read the articles yet, but the idea of having all those games on the drive kind of scares me. I like having the discs should something ever happen to my computer. Plus, if one of my friends ever wants to borrow it, I just have to hand it to them. All the 1's and 0's just don't feel the same to me I guess.

Andy_Panthro

Man of Science
May 3, 2009
There are games I wouldn't mind downloading, (and I use Good Old Games for that), there are newer games I buy retail so I can sell them if I don't like them, and there are those classics that I will go through ebay to find.

I would hate it if we abandoned retail for a download-only model, and I would hate it even more if it was done in a Steam-like fashion with various downloaders and background applications needing to be run in order to use the game I've paid for.