Editor's Note: Best Of

Archon

Nov 12, 2002
Best Of

I have the distinct honor of presenting the editor's note for issue 234 of The Escapist - the last issue of the year, and of the decade. That makes this a moment for reflection: Not just on this year, but on our progress through the years.

Read Full Article

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Pararaptor said:
If the Escapist was put together in 2005, how did you join in 2002?
The Escapist was formed in 2005. Themis Media (the company that The Escapist is part of and that Archon is the head of) has been around for much much longer, what with sister site Warcry being around since late 2001.

EDIT: Might as well write something else here. I'm glad you're giving us the best articles of the year, especially since I didn't read these articles back when they were first released, so it'll be interesting to read through them after all and give my opinion on them. And I'm glad to see I'm entering 2010 with The Escapist, you guys have provided a brilliant site for me to spend my time on here.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Well, I'm glad for the end of the decade. And look forward to the next 10 years of gaming.

Big-Name Disappointments, No-Name Surprises, and all. And whatever comes after motion control.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
These articles are what finally drove me to join The Escapist. Great reads, every one of them. I read the article about the Half Life 2 mod and the one about the surgeon already, but it'll will be nice to peruse both these a second time and the others.

Mookie_Magnus

Clouded Leopard
Jan 24, 2009
It's been a good year. I find it a little hard to believe that I'll have been on this site for an entire year this January... I'm looking forward to another great year, with great articles.

All I can say is 'Thank you.' to all of you. Without all of your hard work to bring us all the amazing things that this site provides, quite a lot of us here would be a lot more miserable in their lives.

Here's to another great year of great articles and great innovations. To the Escapist!

PlasticTree

May 17, 2009
Meh. These are all great articles..but they're so great that I still remember them far too well to read them again. Ah well, I suppose you guys deserve a holiday once in a while, too.

feather240

Jul 16, 2009
PlasticTree said:
Meh. These are all great articles..but they're so great that I still remember them far too well to read them again. Ah well, I suppose you guys deserve a holiday once in a while, too.
I don't think so, they chose this life! The internet owns them now.

I remember reading all of these articles, but the goat one. Not on the day they came out though.