Editor's Note: Editor's Choice

NeoShinGundam

May 2, 2009
I'm actually planning on stealing more games. Not digital piracy, mind you. Just good ol' fashioned larceny!

Just kidding ^_^ In all seriousness though, they are a LOT of problems in the videogame industry that have been tolerated for too long. The technology behind these games has evolved to unprecedented levels of sophistication. So why haven't the people (both creators and consumers) of gaming not changed?

It's time to fix things.

Fenixius

Feb 5, 2007
tjs09 said:
Sarcasm doesnt come across well on the Internet...
If I had to choose a gaming company that was least evil, I'd probably go with Valve.
Oh good, I'm glad I misinterpreted : )

Tom Phoenix said:
[...] like how Steam uses a form of region locking to enforce price discrimination [...]
As far as I'm aware, while this is a big problem on Steam for anyone outside the US, who seem to get the best prices, Valve merely enable it to continue or encourage good relationships with other publishers who might get touchy about Valve being a publisher in their own right. I'm certainly not condoning it, but that particular issue is the fault of both Valve and any publisher which willingly chooses to use such a greedy tool.

tjs09

Aug 23, 2010
Fenixius said:
tjs09 said:
Sarcasm doesnt come across well on the Internet...
If I had to choose a gaming company that was least evil, I'd probably go with Valve.
Oh good, I'm glad I misinterpreted : )

Tom Phoenix said:
[...] like how Steam uses a form of region locking to enforce price discrimination [...]
As far as I'm aware, while this is a big problem on Steam for anyone outside the US, who seem to get the best prices, Valve merely enable it to continue or encourage good relationships with other publishers who might get touchy about Valve being a publisher in their own right. I'm certainly not condoning it, but that particular issue is the fault of both Valve and any publisher which willingly chooses to use such a greedy tool.
This post made me wish my computer was strong enough to play Steam games...