Eidos: Thief's Going To Overcome Fan Resistance

Grace_Omega

Dec 7, 2013
Never played any of the older games, so I'm approaching this with absolutely no expectations. It looks cool, if a little drab on the visual side. Unless the reviews are absolutely abysmal I'll definitely be checking it out.

KimonoBoxFox

Jun 1, 2011
Grace_Omega said:
It looks cool, if a little drab on the visual side. Unless the reviews are absolutely abysmal I'll definitely be checking it out.
I'm going to have to agree, I 'will' check it out, if only because the game itself looks really crisp and maybe even entertaining--but the spirit of the game is as of yet missing; and Eidos's team for the project needs to start comparing how the first three Thief games differed from Dishonored, and cross reference with their current product if they hope to maintain any sense of identity.

Thief always kind of looked drab, not going to lie; the city you're based in is overgrown with stone walls and nonsensical street angles speckled with the occasional garden or colorful merchant's stand, largely viewed at night, and filled with rabble and crooked guards at all hours, when surly religious figures aren't bearing down on the few 'decent' citizens with warhammers and threats of damnation for the slightest vice. The only lights are firelight and magical gas lamps, and the world outside the city is wild and filled with ents and will-o'-wisps and beasts of the wild, worshipped by ostracized vagrants living in straw huts and abandoned cottages.

Thief had an identity, and that's why fans are riled up to see it change to... whatever it is going to be.