elder scrolls online alpha review

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
SajuukKhar said:
Fappy said:
He probably spent too much time reading elder scrolls then!

ZING!

[sub]I'll go sit in the corner now.[/sub]
No, he doesn't read. He writes.

He hasn't worked for Bethesda officially since Morrowind, though he did some contractual work on Knights of the Nine, but he and Bethesda, are still pals, and they take much of what he writes and puts it into canon because they know he is good.
Was he the guy who wrote the 36 Lessons of Vivec?

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Fappy said:
Yes,

and
-Mankar Camerons commentaries
-The song of Pelinal
-Remanada

Hrol and his shieldthane were the only ones to find her, and the king spoke to her, saying, I love you sweet Aless, sweet wife of Shor and of Auri-el and the Sacred Bull, and would render this land alive again, not through pain but through a return to the dragon-fires of covenant, to join east and west and throw off all ruin. And the shieldthane bore witness to the spirit opening naked to his king, carving on a nearby rock the words AND HROL DID LOVE UNTO A HILLOCK before dying in the sight of their union.
He wrote a book about a king having sex with a hill that contained the spirit of alessia, the founder of the first empire.

And from that union was born REMAN CYRODIIL THE CYRODIIL.

Who did take the throne as a babe and proclaimed "I AM CYRODIIL COME."

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
SajuukKhar said:
Fappy said:
Yes,

and
-Mankar Camerons commentaries
-The song of Pelinal
-Remanada

Hrol and his shieldthane were the only ones to find her, and the king spoke to her, saying, I love you sweet Aless, sweet wife of Shor and of Auri-el and the Sacred Bull, and would render this land alive again, not through pain but through a return to the dragon-fires of covenant, to join east and west and throw off all ruin. And the shieldthane bore witness to the spirit opening naked to his king, carving on a nearby rock the words AND HROL DID LOVE UNTO A HILLOCK before dying in the sight of their union.
I remember not understanding a fucking thing discussed in The Song of Pelinal. Reading some of the in-game books without any lore assistance is near impossible XD

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Fappy said:
I remember not understanding a fucking thing discussed in The Song of Pelinal. Reading some of the in-game books without any lore assistance is near impossible XD
Yeah, he writes THOSE books.

His works are like puzzles made of equal parts madness and genius.

And this is excluding the work he made about the blades using spaceships to reach the Khajiit moon colony.

Though that one isn't canon........................ I think.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
SajuukKhar said:
Fappy said:
Yeah, he writes THOSE books.

His works are like puzzles made of equal parts madness and genius.

And this is excluding the work he made about the blades using spaceships to reach the Khajiit moon colony.

Though that one isn't canon........................ I think.
Everything is and isn't canon in TES. If enough mortals believed Orcs were blue, they'd be blue!

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Fappy said:
Everything is and isn't canon in TES. If enough mortals believed Orcs were blue, they'd be blue!
Well.... its not that crazy.

Well, I guess it COULD happen, if Vivec or Tiber used CHIM, but........ thats a rare case.

WoW Killer

Mar 3, 2012
Fappy said:
I believe they said early on that all provinces are open to pretty much all levels, but that specific areas of those provinces will have different level requirements.
I was hoping for something more in the way of phasing. Like if you have areas X and Y and you're level 5, then you get the level 1-10 phase of X and Y. Then when you go back at level 13 you'd be in the 11-20 phases etc. So where there were wolves you'd be fighting bears or something. In the single player TES games it doesn't matter what level you are when you approach whatever content. That's the sort of thing it'd need to have that same sense of freedom I think.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
SajuukKhar said:
Fappy said:
Well.... its not that crazy.

Well, I guess it COULD happen, if Vivec or Tiber used CHIM, but........ thats a rare case.
What if I told you...

Everything M'aiq says in-game is the truth?

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
WoW Killer said:
Fappy said:
I believe they said early on that all provinces are open to pretty much all levels, but that specific areas of those provinces will have different level requirements.
I was hoping for something more in the way of phasing. Like if you have areas X and Y and you're level 5, then you get the level 1-10 phase of X and Y. Then when you go back at level 13 you'd be in the 11-20 phases etc. So where there were wolves you'd be fighting bears or something. In the single player TES games it doesn't matter what level you are when you approach whatever content. That's the sort of thing it'd need to have that same sense of freedom I think.
Yeah, I don't think they're going to do that, but what do I know. I'm pretty sure they will at least scale your level down in lower level areas like in GW2. In fact, I think I remember them saying that somewhere.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Fappy said:
What if I told you...

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/sotha-sils-last-words
"Trust not the words of a poet, as he is born to seduce. Yet for poetry to sieze the heart, it must ring with the chimes of truth."

Maiq does tell the truth...... in his own way.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
SajuukKhar said:
Fappy said:
What if I told you...

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/sotha-sils-last-words
"Trust not the words of a poet, as he is born to seduce. Yet for poetry to sieze the heart, it must ring with the chimes of truth."

Maiq does tell the truth...... in his own way.
R.I.P. Soltha Sil. You're mangled corpse will be forever burned into my memories next to Lucien Lachance.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Fappy said:
R.I.P. Soltha Sil. You're mangled corpse will be forever burned into my memories next to Lucien Lachance.
Well you may get to meet him, and the other members of the Tribunal in TESO.

A I recall one of the local stories for Morrowind was that there is a pretender amongst the ranks of the Tribunal and their priesthood.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
SajuukKhar said:
Fappy said:
Well you may get to meet him, and the other members of the Tribunal in TESO.

A I recall one of the local stories for Morrowind was that there is a pretender amongst the ranks of the Tribunal and their priesthood.
(If I get the game) I think my faction choice will depend on how awesome the Morrowind-inspired content is and whether or not I can see the good stuff on a Khajiit. I may go Dominion anyway, because everyone and their dog with be Ebonheart.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Fappy said:
(If I get the game) I think my faction choice will depend on how awesome the Morrowind-inspired content is and whether or not I can see the good stuff on a Khajiit. I may go Dominion anyway, because everyone and their dog with be Ebonheart.
I cant decide who to pick personally.

The dominion and Ebonehart are both badass, but technically it is the Daggerfall covenant who win.

Fr]anc[is

May 13, 2010
Jesse has always been an overly optimistic sort. The brand alone wasn't enough to save TOR, the brand alone won't be enough to save this game either.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
BloatedGuppy said:
Fappy said:
I may go Dominion anyway, because everyone and their dog with be Ebonheart.
I look forward to stabbing you in your filthy, Thalmor loving heart.
Hey, I'm just an honest Moon Sugar dealer. I have no sympathy for the Thalmor >:D

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Fr said:
anc[is]Jesse has always been an overly optimistic sort. The brand alone wasn't enough to save TOR, the brand alone won't be enough to save this game either.
I don't think he said that. I think he was talking about the combat witch kind of sounds like TERA online spare the creepy looking people. And one server with different phase things sound cool.

Kyr Knightbane

Jan 3, 2012
Carrots_macduff said:
brought to you by the one and only jesse cox AKA omfgcata

theres no video footage yet, but none the less some very interesting info.

apparently the pvp will be an all inclusive open world type deal, with seperate game modes/types all being played at the same time in the same world, at least thats how i understood it. very much interested to see how that turns out.
Isn't talking about the Alpha violating the NDA he had to agree to when he started?

Carrots_macduff

Jul 13, 2011
IamShmgeggy said:
Carrots_macduff said:
brought to you by the one and only jesse cox AKA omfgcata

theres no video footage yet, but none the less some very interesting info.

apparently the pvp will be an all inclusive open world type deal, with seperate game modes/types all being played at the same time in the same world, at least thats how i understood it. very much interested to see how that turns out.
Isn't talking about the Alpha violating the NDA he had to agree to when he started?
why do you think they invited him to play it?

so he could talk about it on his channel, where lots of people watch his skyrim videos, thats why. doubtless even now there are zenimax employees sifting through the comments section and taking notes