elder scrolls online alpha review

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
IamShmgeggy said:
Isn't talking about the Alpha violating the NDA he had to agree to when he started?
He played the same alpha as the 15 other game sites who posted previews of TESO did.

They NDA most likely only covered specific things.

Spiritofpower

Aug 29, 2011
So, if I understand him right, in the alpha there's classes? He mentioned a "Dragon Knight," with several abilities that appeared to be unique to Dragon Knights. This leads me to wonder if each class either A) can only use certain skills (i.e. Warrior only being able to wear Heavy Armor) or B) have bonuses to certain skills (i.e. Warrior having a natural +5 to Heavy Armor). If it's the first, I still might get it if it's really good, but if it's the second that's a whole lot better because I can still train other skills to give the class my own unique spin on things. In any case, my planned character is going to be a Dunmer wearing Light Armor, dual-wielding swords for melee and using Destruction for ranged and Restoration for healing, with emphasis on speed, dodging and attack. If that's possible. In any case, seeing the mainland of Morrowind might just be worth getting it at least for a bit.

Fappy said:
I may go Dominion anyway, because everyone and their dog with be Ebonheart.
Sadly, this is true. Though honestly, the deck is seriously stacked in Ebonheart's favor. Not only are the areas featured in TWO ES games of the "big three" (Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim) a part of it, the area featured in the last one isn't even playable. People will probably make a character for the other two, just to see the sights, but they'll probably spend most of their time playing as an Ebonheart character.

Kyr Knightbane

Jan 3, 2012
Carrots_macduff said:
IamShmgeggy said:
Carrots_macduff said:
brought to you by the one and only jesse cox AKA omfgcata

theres no video footage yet, but none the less some very interesting info.

apparently the pvp will be an all inclusive open world type deal, with seperate game modes/types all being played at the same time in the same world, at least thats how i understood it. very much interested to see how that turns out.
Isn't talking about the Alpha violating the NDA he had to agree to when he started?
why do you think they invited him to play it?

so he could talk about it on his channel, where lots of people watch his skyrim videos, thats why. doubtless even now there are zenimax employees sifting through the comments section and taking notes
No need to get surly, was just asking, as the majority of Alphas I've been on have had ironclad NDA's. If the Elder Scrolls NDA isn't as restrictive, more power to them.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Spiritofpower said:
So, if I understand him right, in the alpha there's classes? He mentioned a "Dragon Knight," with several abilities that appeared to be unique to Dragon Knights. This leads me to wonder if each class either A) can only use certain skills (i.e. Warrior only being able to wear Heavy Armor) or B) have bonuses to certain skills (i.e. Warrior having a natural +5 to Heavy Armor). If it's the first, I still might get it if it's really good, but if it's the second that's a whole lot better because I can still train other skills to give the class my own unique spin on things. In any case, my planned character is going to be a Dunmer wearing Light Armor, dual-wielding swords for melee and using Destruction for ranged and Restoration for healing, with emphasis on speed, dodging and attack. If that's possible. In any case, seeing the mainland of Morrowind might just be worth getting it at least for a bit.
-There are classes in the game
-Every class can use every armor type
-Every class can use every weapon
-As far as I know classes don't have inherent bonuses to certain armor/weapons

From all the previews I have read, classes are really just something you pick for that classes special class skills, not because warriors = heavy armor wearing axe wields.

To be more specific, the game works like Skyrim, an items power is based on how often you use it, so every class CAN be as good as every other with everything.

Carrots_macduff

Jul 13, 2011
my hope is that it will be similar to skyrim, but with friends, as well as some combat beyond the whole swing sword/shoot bow/throw spell, but with the same control style. the addition of skill bar will hopefully open up a lot of options for traps and such.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
GunsmithKitten said:
No Hammerfell, no sale.

But if I CAN see Sentinel again, I'll go to hell and back to get a comp that can handle this beast....
All the provinces are in the game at launch, though to all parts of every province are in the game at launch.

I highly doubt the main city of Hammerfell wont be in the game.

sanquin

Jun 8, 2011
I was incredibly 'meh' about this game before. But the way Jesse makes it sound...well it actually sounds pretty awesome. I'm thinking about buying it, if only for the first month of play or so.

Actually, this game sounds like what D&D online was supposed to be. With a different ruleset for stats and such, but still. (DDO was nice. But it was a very small world, was uninspired, had some major problems with the combat systems and the devs soon started to pander to the wow crowd.)

Paranoah

Oct 23, 2012
I am really syked for this the info in this video sounds like exactly what i would want from a TES MMO the combat sounds interresting the pvp sounds interresting as of now i cant WAIT