Elder Scrolls Playing Style?

Manji187

Jan 29, 2009
Alchemy, always Alchemy.

It's the only thing that matters.

EDIT: ...at least in Morrowind.

Gentleman_Reptile

Jan 25, 2010
Depends what mods I feel like using at the time......

Right now I have an Emma Watson/Hermione face mod. My story arc is that shes been sucked into a magic book from the Hogwarts library and has now turned into an evil, asskicking assassin who spews lightning from her fingertips to incinerate all the native wildlife.

Yeah I'm a complete geek, arrest me.

Wondermint13

Oct 2, 2010
I love rogue characters to the bitter end but for Elder Scrolls I made the most of combining skills and made a sort of Battlecaster. Full heavy armour with a juicy 2-hander. I always had a skeleton pet following me around while I casted fire spells.

Oh god I loved that game!!!

Grey_Focks

Jan 12, 2010
First playthrough will likely be the same as my first playthroughs in Morrowind and Oblivion. Orc with axes and heavy armor, ofcourse. Also always choose speechcraft, because I like to have a nice conversation with people before I bury my axe in their frontal lobe. I may be a blood-hungry orc, but I also like to think I'm a bit higher class. Imagine an orc wearing a monocle and top hat with his heavy armor, and you should get the idea.

michael_ab

Jun 22, 2009
i start with straight destruction to get me started, then i focus more on hand to hand with supplementary spells, also using my super high speed to move when i see them attacking, i also keep a high level sword on me if things get hairy

Brnin8

Jul 17, 2009
I generally make my char a Battle mage with some sneaking ability. Largely because sneak attack criticals are the shit. As for magic I try to get as many schools in use as possible, though alteration is less helpful when you are already in heavy armor. Plus I enchant the crap out of everything I own. Armourer is also important. I do something similar in Fallout, just replace heavy armor with power armor and magic with energy weapons.

In Morrowind I used less magic so I kept a bow around to deal with those damned cliff racers. I still had some magic ability, I just didn't find the way magic was used to be as helpful when in combat.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
The only skills I always have no matter what my character type is tend to be athletics and blade.

In Skyrim, though, I think I'm going with an axe. Dragon Age has taught me the value of armor piercing.

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
-"Hmmm, Ordinators. Could sell that armour for a pretty penny. Pity I'm only level 3."
-thinks a bit
-makes an enchanted ring that casts levitate on target.
-strikes Ordinator. Resists arrest. Casts levitation on Ordinator and on self.
-Flies off side of tower. Stupid Ordinator follows.
-Watches with glee as levitation wears off and Ordinator plummets about 50 feet
-"It's still alive??? WTF???"

turbo4400

Dec 13, 2009
Furious Styles said:
destruction magic and enchanted sword or 100% chameleon so I don't even need to fight
I love 100% chameleon, the dude i did that on i also used the glitch to get 3 million gold so i never sold a single thing but instead put it in my house, i also made a spell that would kill anyone with one hit b/c he was all mage. But yah full chameleon is awesome and i never had an easier time beating a game.

Ace of Spades

Jul 12, 2008
I love stealth. The only Elder Scrolls game I've played was Oblivion, which had some of the most hilariously bad detection AI I've ever seen. Two hooded guards are having a conversation. In the middle of a sentence, I assassinate one with my fire-enchanted dagger who screams as he falls to the ground, dead. His buddy actually watches the smoldering corpse as it slides along the floor and comes to a stop, and then faces forward again. I had to pause the game because I was laughing so hard.

Tomster595

Aug 1, 2009
I focus on Security,Sneak, Blade, conjuration, and acrobatics (rolling while stealthed ftw!)

EDIT: oh, and Alchemy. It's how I make all my money. Sneak into a castle, steal all their food, make smoothies(potions), PROFIT.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
1. Marksman
2. conjuration
3. light armour
4. security
5. atheletics

I like being speedy and getting into places easily! And if i'm in trouble a disposable buddy is always good to have around, specifically a clannfear. I wub dose widdle guys =3

SilverHammerMan

Jul 26, 2009
A kleptomaniac with a penchant for heavy armor and blades, usually a claymore but whatever's handy will do. I also use destruction magic a fair bit but only over long range as I hate bows. My current character is also a vampire as the stats boost and Hunter's Eye ability is useful for sneaking and it's not too hard to keep it on level one vampirism. I tend to berserker through all opposition since I find talking to be a bore.
So it sum it up I use Blades, Destruction Magic and Stealth, as a vampire. And I called my custom class Communist just because.

Mr. Doe

Aug 15, 2009
Unarmed, Heavy armor, restoration destruction and agility is what I did in Oblivion, it worked surprisingly well.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
Popadoo said:
I didn't enjoy Oblivion, and I'll explain why.
People always ranting about how you can do whatever you want in it, and I was intrigued by that. I wanted to be a sneaky assassin/thief, and that started off ok. I joined the thieves guild, and all was good. Then I found out that thieves are shit in combat. And because I wasn't allowed to keep the role-playing aspect by covering my sneaky assassin in armour and giving him a broadsword, it ruined the immersion.
Also, guards somehow always know if you've committed a crime, even if their's no witnesses and it's in the middle of a forest at night. The sneaky bastards.
My response, Morrowind.

As for Skyrim, there aren't any spears as of yet so I can't make my uber-awesome Khajiit that I usually do. So I'll have to think of something original for once oO