Elder Scrolls question

PrimitiveJudge

Aug 14, 2012
Ok so I have played Daggerfall back when it first came out, never played Morrowind, played Oblivion and all DLC's and Did almost everything possible in Skyrim(still playing it for the 3 remaining achievements). Even did that Battlespire BS (won't get into that).

What happened to the Dwarves? All over Skyrim you are running through there cities and the beautiful Blackreach and that really awesome forge in Dawnguard. With superior technology they could easily wipe out the Elves, Orcs, Nords etc... Nothing. Just free roaming Steampunk tech and no bodies or skeletons. Is their any hint or idea from any game to explain where they went or their fate?

Soopy

Jul 15, 2011
They got absorbed into the Numidium during the fight for red mountain. They were attempting to reverse their own creation (as they seen it) back into a single entity.

They succeeded to some degree...

TaintedSaint

Mar 16, 2011
but remember there is no real proff of any of it its all really just theory. IT is one of the biggest mysteries in the Elder Scrolls. Though there is the last Dwemer in Morrowind.

Battle Pope

Nov 2, 2009
To my knowledge, Bethesda has not explained what happened to them. They are either going to keep it a mystery, or explain it in the last Elder Scrolls.

My guess is that they were destroyed by the Nine (come at me Thalmor) because they preferred their machines and technology to rituals and faith, and/or they were as you said going to wipe out all the other races.

PrimitiveJudge

Aug 14, 2012
I tried to read the wiki thing, but game wise it felt like I want reading a book or novel that had nothing to do with The Elder Scrolls. Mad props to Bethesda for keeping their fate on a cliffhanger and I think that would be a badass next Elder Scroll game, the Dwarves return with a Steampunk like army vs all of Tamriel. You get to decide your side of any race you choose at the beginning... hmm cool I answered a question from another topic on this forum.

culpeo

Nov 11, 2011
It's left intentionally mysterious, presumably to be answered in future installments of the game. As others have mentioned, Lord Kagrenac was experimenting with ways in which the dwemer might become immortal, and in doing so doubtless invoked the wrath of one or more of the gods. He created the golem Numidium as well as the artifacts that the Nerevarine must use while facing Dagoth Ur during the events of Morrowind.

You may recall that one of those artifacts, the Keening, makes a cameo in Skyrim when you help one of the mages investigate the dwarves' disappearance, the outcome of which is both intriguing and anticlimactic.

Mar 30, 2010
PrimitiveJudge said:
Ok so I have played Daggerfall back when it first came out, never played Morrowind, played Oblivion and all DLC's and Did almost everything possible in Skyrim(still playing it for the 3 remaining achievements). Even did that Battlespire BS (won't get into that).
There's your problem. Solving the mystery of the 'Disappearance Of The Dwarves' was a freeform quest given to you by the Arch Mage of the Mages Guild in TES3: Morrowind. You even get to confirm your theories (and those of others) with the last remaining Dwemer - if you look in the right place.

So, yeah, to really submerge yourself in the Dwemer saga you need to play one of the few TES games it seems you've overlooked.

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
thepope24 said:
To my knowledge, Bethesda has not explained what happened to them. They are either going to keep it a mystery, or explain it in the last Elder Scrolls.

My guess is that they were destroyed by the Nine (come at me Thalmor) because they preferred their machines and technology to rituals and faith, and/or they were as you said going to wipe out all the other races.
I'd like to think they faked a disappearance and fucked off deep underground to build a machine city of marvel and wonder. And that in a future game, we can go to that city, and utterly wreck their shit. Because I hated their damn centurion robots with their annoying stabbiness.

Nightmonger

Jul 1, 2010
Wayneguard said:
PrimitiveJudge said:
never played Morrowind
Oh... oh God please rectify this asap.
Quoted for truth

Morrowind is arguably the richest Elder scrolls experience both in terms of lore and the unique feeling of the setting and also the sense of exploration and adventure i.e artifacts were not just quest rewards and felt amazing when you actually found one (e.g the super obscure dragonbone curaiss oh and the quite frankly amazing boots of blinding speed best magic item ever right there)

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
The massive power source that they tapped one day decided to eat them. True story.

Well, based on the true story.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Many years ago Bethesda did a interview called "Skeleton Man's Interview with Denizens of Tamriel", which was a interview that was also a roleplay between the Devs.

According to the interview, and I quote.
http://www.imperial-library.info/content/interviews-skeleton-man
Xal, a Human Maruhkati, Port Telvanis:
Ah. I will tell you the truth, because you will believe none of it. The Brass God is Anumidum, the Prime Gestalt. He is also called the divine skin. He was meant to be used many times by our kind to transcend the Gray Maybe.

The first to see him was the Shop Foremer, Kagrenac of Vvardenfell, the wisest of the tonal architects [Mechanists - MN] Do not think as others do that Kagrenac created the Anumidum for petty motivations, such as a refutation of the gods. Kagrenac was devoted to his people, and the Dwarves, despite what you may have read, were a pious lot-he would not have sacrificed so many of their golden souls to create Anumidum's metal body if it were all in the name of grand theater. Kagrenac had even built the tools needed to construct a Mantella, the Crux of Transcendence. But, by then, and for a long time coming, the Doom of the Dwarves marched upon the Mountain and they were removed from this world.
The head Dwemer Tonal Architect Kagrenac used the tools and the heart of Lorkhan to merge the Dwemer race into Numidium's body.

It was later confirmed by lore writer Michael Kirkbride on the Bethesda Forums
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/482103-made-up-word-round-up/page__p__6918676#entry6918676
"Kagrenac was devoted to his people, and the Dwarves, despite what you may have read, were a pious lot-he would not have sacrificed so many of their golden souls to create Anumidum's metal body if it were all in the name of grand theater. Kagrenac had even built the tools needed to construct a Mantella, the Crux of Transcendence."

Okay. So now everyone can stop posting about where the Dwarves went. I TOLD YOU EIGHTY YEARS AGO.

Filthy with it, I am.
The entirety of the Dwemer race, sans Yagrum in Morrowind, merged themselves into a giant robot, and became its metal skin. They did so to try and ascend outside of the mortal realm. The biggest question relating to the Dwemer is not where they went, but why did Numidium not ascend.

Also this fate is shown in Skyrim during the College of Winterhold quest "Arneil's Endeavor", which, at the end, results in Arniel disappearing and you gaining the ability to summon his shade. Much like the Dwemer before him, Arniel became fused with the closest divine object, you, the Dovahkiin, he who carries the divine dragon blood, just as the Dwemer were merged with Numidium.
For more reading on the Dwemer's motivations please read "Final Report to Trebonius", which explains in detail just about all important Dwemer lore we have.
http://www.imperial-library.info/content/final-report-trebonius

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
Maxtro said:
They merged into a giant god robot? I've never heard that before.
Its been known for years, but since they never said it directly in the games most people, expect those you go to the official Bethesda forums, know about it.

The truth about lore in the Elder scrolls is really only given to those who spend tons of time on the forums, you wouldn't believe the things the developers have confirmed.

Maxtro

Feb 13, 2011
SajuukKhar said:
Maxtro said:
They merged into a giant god robot? I've never heard that before.
Its been known for years, but since they never said it directly in the games most people, expect those you go to the official Bethesda forums, know about it.

The truth about lore in the Elder scrolls is really only given to those who spend tons of time on the forums, you wouldn't believe the things the developers have confirmed.
OK, if it hasn't been said in game, through dialog or a book, then I won't accept it just yet.

Also the whole disappearance thing is still being treated as a mysery in game.

Kneeing was involved in a quest and Septimus thought the heart of Lorkan was in the box.