Elder scrolls religion

megaraccoon

Dec 7, 2010
out of curiosity, boredom and 6 cans of beer which is your favourite religion in the elder scrolls series? and why?:
1. the eight divines original faith before talos
2. the deadric prices/princess'
3. the night mother and sithis
4. the talos cult and/or nine divines
5. other
personally i'm a deadra worshipper specifically azura, nocturnal and sheogorath. the others to a lesser extent. because the deadra give me fun toys to play with and moralitiy isn't an issue with them.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Daedra worship. Simply because Sheogorath is my favourite character in the Elder Scrolls.

Wabbajack Wabbajack WABBAJACK!

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
The Almsivi Temple of Morrowind, obviously.

The books on lore, the backstory, the angry devotion of the Dunmer. It was fascinating.

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
Minion of Nocturnal, present.
Life's more interesting with the daedra, less sure future :p

Dimitriov

The end is nigh.
May 24, 2010
Acrisius said:
Talos. That guy is a badass dude. Plus he's kinda like the Jesus of Tamriel, if you think about it...
If Jesus aborted babies against the mother's will :D

The healer, a High Elf of middle years, confirmed that Barenziah was indeed pregnant, and that such a thing had never before been known to happen. It was a testimony to His Excellency's potency, the healer said in sycophantic tones. Tiber Septim roared at him.
"This must not be!" he said. "Undo it. We command you."
"Sire," the healer gaped at him. "I cannot... I may not--"
"Of course you can, you incompetent dullard," the Emperor snapped. "It is our express wish that you do so."
Barenziah, till then silent and wide-eyed with terror, suddenly sat up in bed. "No!" she screamed. "No! What are you saying?"
"Child," Tiber Septim sat down beside her, his face wearing one of his winning smiles. "I'm so sorry. Truly. But this cannot be. Your issue would be a threat to my son and his sons. I shall no more put it plainly than that."
"The child I bear is yours!" she wailed.
"No. It is now but a possibility, a might-be, not yet gifted with a soul or quickened into life. I will not have it so. I forbid it." He gave the healer another hard stare and the Elf began to tremble.
"Sire. It is her child. Children are few among the Elves. No Elven woman conceives more than four times, and that is very rare. Two is the usual number. Some bear none, even, and some only one. If I take this one from her, Sire, she may not conceive again."
"You promised us she would not bear to us. We've little faith in your prognostications."
Barenziah scrambled naked from the bed and ran for the door, not knowing where she was going, only that she could not stay. She never reached it. Darkness overtook her.

MammothBlade

It's not that I LIKE you b-baka!
Oct 12, 2011
Cult of Sheogorath...

"I could turn you into a goat. Or a puddle. Or a bad idea. I could make you eat your own fingers. Or fall in love with a cloud. Perhaps I could make you into something useful. Let's find out."

brunothepig

May 18, 2009
I've made it a point in this game to seek out the Daedric Princes, and drop everything to help them. I like them, they may not be the kindest gods, but they do reward their followers well. That said, haven't really found out much about Talos yet, so maybe someday I'll worship him like my fellow Nords. Doubt it though.

Dec 14, 2009
Ruwrak said:
Nightingales, Assemble!

I prefer the Daedra. They actually have stuff for me to do.

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
Ruwrak said:
Nightingales, Assemble!

*Daedrafist* Yep.
I havn't done the nightinggales yet, do they mingle with Nocturnal? (She -is- the patron of thieves and assassins after all..)

darth.pixie

Jan 20, 2011
Daedra, definitely. Among my favourites are Sanguine, Sheogorath, Hircine, Hermaeus Mora and Clavicus Vile.

The fact that you earn their favour and are more in touch with their worshippers is interesting and they have such fun stuff to give you.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
Molag Bal always has the most interesting quests. But Hermaeus Mora is a fun god to follow.

TheSaw

A flayed man holds no secrets.
Apr 22, 2011
Sheogorath! Cheese for everyone!

Or Hircine, since my character is a werewolf, hunting the prey by his side for the rest of eternity after dying doesn't sound so bad.

Sanguine is an awesome prince as well, I loved his Skyrim quest. So probably those three are the ones I would worship.

Aethren

Jun 6, 2009
I would say Azura, but after corrupting her Star, I don't think she likes me much.

Nocturnal and Dibella are where it's at.

Dec 14, 2009
Ruwrak said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Ruwrak said:
Nightingales, Assemble!

*Daedrafist* Yep.
I havn't done the nightinggales yet, do they mingle with Nocturnal? (She -is- the patron of thieves and assassins after all..)
Yeah, they're pretty much her guardians.

Well, for something she owns, anyway.

Freaky Lou

Nov 1, 2011
Dimitriov said:
Acrisius said:
Talos. That guy is a badass dude. Plus he's kinda like the Jesus of Tamriel, if you think about it...
If Jesus aborted babies against the mother's will :D

The healer, a High Elf of middle years, confirmed that Barenziah was indeed pregnant, and that such a thing had never before been known to happen. It was a testimony to His Excellency's potency, the healer said in sycophantic tones. Tiber Septim roared at him.
"This must not be!" he said. "Undo it. We command you."
"Sire," the healer gaped at him. "I cannot... I may not--"
"Of course you can, you incompetent dullard," the Emperor snapped. "It is our express wish that you do so."
Barenziah, till then silent and wide-eyed with terror, suddenly sat up in bed. "No!" she screamed. "No! What are you saying?"
"Child," Tiber Septim sat down beside her, his face wearing one of his winning smiles. "I'm so sorry. Truly. But this cannot be. Your issue would be a threat to my son and his sons. I shall no more put it plainly than that."
"The child I bear is yours!" she wailed.
"No. It is now but a possibility, a might-be, not yet gifted with a soul or quickened into life. I will not have it so. I forbid it." He gave the healer another hard stare and the Elf began to tremble.
"Sire. It is her child. Children are few among the Elves. No Elven woman conceives more than four times, and that is very rare. Two is the usual number. Some bear none, even, and some only one. If I take this one from her, Sire, she may not conceive again."
"You promised us she would not bear to us. We've little faith in your prognostications."
Barenziah scrambled naked from the bed and ran for the door, not knowing where she was going, only that she could not stay. She never reached it. Darkness overtook her.
tbh. I'm not sure how many people read all the lore but it really gives you some insight into the reality of a lot of these old legends and heroes.

My post above seems to have disappeared, so I'll say it again here: I'm a Dark Brotherhood devotee. Sithis and the Night Mother for me; they seem to be the most powerful and by far the most mysterious.

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
Daystar Clarion said:
[

Yeah, they're pretty much her guardians.

Well, for something she owns, anyway.
Like Nocturnals Cowl? Which I nicked in Oblivion? (Or well teh Grey Fox... But still.)
ARn't the nightinggales a splinter of the Thieves guild? The organisation that stole the cowl in the first place?

Lazy Kitty

Evil
May 1, 2009
Sithis and the Daedric princes/princesses.
Daedra are fun.
Especially Sheogorath and Sanguine.