Eldritch Horror form appreciation.

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
So I was admiring Hermaeus Mora http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Hermaeus_Mora When I decided to make this thread so we could share our love or tentacled horrors.

Hes got such pretty eyes in Skyrim :)

So guys, I was wondering if you could show me some sexy monsters, whose hotness could break a mortal mind.

Sleepy Sol

Feb 15, 2011

Yeah, that'd be a bit difficult to get a dick in. But it would be so worth it.

Frission

Until I get thrown out.
May 16, 2011
Of course my good man, I actually have a folder full of nice images. Let me just pull them up and argbglagbf;-v=tr lr=t

H̻̯͔̦͇E͔̫̠L͈P̵̪̟̖͕̘̮͇ ̧̫ ̫̙̥͔D̗͓̩͇Ó̲̝̥N͚͉̖'̟T̜̘̪͕̪͚ͅ O̹P̶̯͔͕̲Ḙ̝͓͠N̘̱̗͙͡ͅ ̭͔͡E̵Y̬͖̺̲ͅE͖̗̺̭̳͢Ș̬ C͖̟̩̯̀ͅO̯̜̟̳͡S̩̫͉͕̦̩M̶̞̮̤Ò͍̥̖͔̝̱̬S͕̫̯͖̭ ̳̼͙͍̝̯ͅT̟̗̝H̠̝̤͖̯͔̙A̹͎͖̺̣̤͕T͜ ̥̦͉S̠̳̫̟̪E҉̼̟̥̩E̫ ̣̬̺̤Ț̨̖H̰͉̠A̧̯̤͙T̛̪̺̩̞͎̘̝ ̣͈̳̟͚͟S͍̤̹͟E̬͓͇͉͉̝E̦͔̲̭̘͖,̲̘̗̙ ͎̰̺͠W̴͔̱͙̞̹͔ͅH̷̬A̪͓͙͙͖̩̪͘T͚͔̪̟̫ ̝̱͍͜F̦O̩̹͡R̴̦͎C҉͓̱͉̰͚E̱̺̩S̬̣ ̭M͇̯͖̦O̭͍̥͕̳̱̲R͚̪̲͈̜̦͟T̺̞̗͕͇̥A͍͎̳̗L̨̜͎̲͎̥̜̹S̟͚̙͙͚͔͟ ͓͚͚͎̦E͔̩͈Y̴͕̲͉̜E̷͖̮͓̹̖̼S ͉̘̼̹̥Ń̖̤͍̠̹O̮͕̬̥͚ ̹N̵̠̯̜͕̙͔O̼̟ ͕̼̰̤̱̪ͅN͕̦̩͖̘̝O̴ ͏̦̱̰O̙͎͚̹͕O̼̗̝̯̭H̵ ̺̦͖͓̹̮̖NI̢͙̝̫͚C̟̬̪͍Ḙ̺̣ ̷̯̟̠̭̱̬CU̕R̲͔̝V̸͇͉̮̰E͉̝͙͇͓S̟

Remus

Reprogrammed Spambot
Nov 24, 2012
You can't have eldritch horrors without delving into The Secret World.

Bat Vader

Mar 11, 2009
Thorn14 said:

It counts.

God I love the salt this anime produces.
She's my waifu, I saw her first! That was a joke. Nyaruko-San is an awesome Anime. One of my favorites. I wish there was a third season.

silver wolf009

[[NULL]]
Jan 23, 2010
"The emergence of the Eldrazi isn't necessarily a bad thing, as long as you've already lived a fulfilling and complete life without regrets." -All is Dust

Alternatively, Yawgmoth, Father of Machines, represented here by a (Probably) inaccurate image of his people's claiming of Mirrodin.

BarryMcCociner

Feb 23, 2015
PinkiePyro said:

cthulhu one of the few males I think looks good shirtless
Wouldn't Cthulhu be outside our human concept of gender? I never recall Cthulhu being described as male or female (don't quote me on this but I'm sure H.P Lovecraft explicitly stated Cthulhu was neither male nor female) and so many things about Lovecraft's writing are portrayed as being so far outside of the realm of human understanding as to defy any cohesive description (the whole point of an eldritch abomination).

Anyway, my favorite eldritch horror in video games is Sithis (AKA Padomay) from The Elder Scrolls series.

At first Sithis seems to be your traditional God of Death and according to the Dark Brotherhood, the husband of the Night Mother but then when you delve deeper into the lore, you find that he's an equal and opposite force to Anuiel, he defies the concept of Daedra and Aedra, does not dwell in any plane of Oblivion.

Not only that but for some reason Sithis has a place in every single creation myth in the The Elder Scrolls universe under many different names, (his existence is even acknowledged by the Hist trees) I especially like the Redguards who call him 'Akel'. Rather than being a physical being, Akel is described as the hunger that drives the great serpent Satak (AKA Anuiel), to devour itself endlessly. And when Satak devours its own heart he will be reborn as 'Satakel; (Aurbis, The Gray Maybe) a snake in which 'things' will come to know themselves. Some lore suggests all the Daedra are of 'Sithis blood' and Sheogorath is described as a "Sithis shaped hole in the world".

But the thing I find most interesting about Sithis, if you bough Deepscorn Hollow in Oblivion, you found a Statue of Sithis and it showed him with his heart ripped out. Anyone who played Morrowind would know why that's a huge deal.

The thing that's creepy about Sithis though, is there's no real description of him that anyone in the TES universe can actually agree upon, the overarching theme is that he is an 'shapeless, empty void', to me all descriptions of Sithis seem to point to him being quite literally both nothing and the chaos contained within nothing at the same time.

Kerethos

Jun 19, 2013
BarryMcCociner said:
PinkiePyro said:

Wouldn't Cthulhu be outside our human concept of gender? I never recall Cthulhu being described as male or female (don't quote me on this but I'm sure H.P Lovecraft explicitly stated Cthulhu was neither male nor female) and so many things about Lovecraft's writing are portrayed as being so far outside of the realm of human understanding as to defy any cohesive description (the whole point of an eldritch abomination).

Anyway, my favorite eldritch horror in video games is Sithis (AKA Padomay) from The Elder Scrolls series.

At first Sithis seems to be your traditional God of Death and according to the Dark Brotherhood, the husband of the Night Mother but then when you delve deeper into the lore, you find that he's an equal and opposite force to Anuiel, he defies the concept of Daedra and Aedra, does not dwell in any plane of Oblivion.

Not only that but for some reason Sithis has a place in every single creation myth in the The Elder Scrolls universe under many different names, (his existence is even acknowledged by the Hist trees) I especially like the Redguards who call him 'Akel'. Rather than being a physical being, Akel is described as the hunger that drives the great serpent Satak (AKA Anuiel), to devour itself endlessly. And when Satak devours its own heart he will be reborn as 'Satakel; (Aurbis, The Gray Maybe) a snake in which 'things' will come to know themselves. Some lore suggests all the Daedra are of 'Sithis blood' and Sheogorath is described as a "Sithis shaped hole in the world".

But the thing I find most interesting about Sithis, if you bough Deepscorn Hollow in Oblivion, you found a Statue of Sithis and it showed him with his heart ripped out. Anyone who played Morrowind would know why that's a huge deal.

The thing that's creepy about Sithis though, is there's no real description of him that anyone in the TES universe can actually agree upon, the overarching theme is that he is an 'shapeless, empty void', to me all descriptions of Sithis seem to point to him being quite literally both nothing and the chaos contained within nothing at the same time.
The general idea, at least as far as I've summed it up, is that Sithis is not a physical being at all and the whole skulls thing is just an artistic representation due to his connection with death and creation.

Sithis is a force, a concept, a necessity of existence, the cause of chaos. He is the root of change, both the start and finish, the finite nature of existence, the nonexistence that spawned creation. This is why he has the right to take life, as he is the both origin and final destination of all things in existence - ceasing to exist.

Without Sithins there would just be Sithis. No Aedra, no Daedra, no Tamriel, no Oblivion, no Elder Scrolls. Just the nothing that is Sithis.

Everything exists because Sithis exists, therefor the world is Sithis' to cull, as it all spawned from the nothing that Sithis. Not that you have to agree with the whole "Wops, I caused a universe so I have the right to kill anything in it" but that's pretty much how the Brotherhood justifies the whole "we murder for money based on what prayers Sithis feels like answering".

Everything has a beginning and and end though, except Sithis (because he is the end and was there before the beginning). Even when death is gone and nothing else exists Sithis will still be there. To deny Sithis is to invoke the Wrath of Sithis - and nothing can escape nonexistence forever.

TL;DR: Sithis is scary, but also a necessity of existence - as there would be no existence without nonexistence.

BarryMcCociner

Feb 23, 2015
Kerethos said:
BarryMcCociner said:
PinkiePyro said:

The general idea, at least as far as I've summed it up, is that Sithis is not a physical being at all and the whole skulls thing is just an artistic representation due to his connection with death and creation.

Sithis is a force, a concept, a necessity of existence, the cause of chaos. He is the root of change, both the start and finish, the finite nature of existence, the nonexistence that spawned creation. This is why he has the right to take life, as he is the both origin and final destination of all things in existence - ceasing to exist.

Without Sithins there would just be Sithis. No Aedra, no Daedra, no Tamriel, no Oblivion, no Elder Scrolls. Just the nothing that is Sithis.

Everything exists because Sithis exists, therefor the world is Sithis' to cull, as it all spawned from the nothing that Sithis. Not that you have to agree with the whole "Wops, I caused a universe so I have the right to kill anything in it" but that's pretty much how the Brotherhood justifies the whole "we murder for money based on what prayers Sithis feels like answering".

Everything has a beginning and and end though, except Sithis (because he is the end and was there before the beginning). Even when death is gone and nothing else exists Sithis will still be there. To deny Sithis is to invoke the Wrath of Sithis - and nothing can escape nonexistence forever.

TL;DR: Sithis is scary, but also a necessity of existence - as there would be no existence without nonexistence.
It's wierd because I think describing Sithis as "nonexistance" both does him the right amount of justice but not enough justice at the same time.

Trying to describe Sithis is weird, like a lot of things in the TES universe. You can explain things perfectly and still come up with a wrong answer, like what happened to the Dwarves? Well, obviously they became the skin of Numidium, but also no they didn't. Everything happened to them, but we also don't know what happened to them.

Explaining lore is no easy task, especially with these very very weird concepts like "subgradients of subgradients", "mantling", "Zero-Summing/CHIM", "kalpas". Even for someone who's spent almost two years reading this stuff obsessively I still don't get a lot of it.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Well... Cerberus from Dante's Inferno has some pretty nice arms.

How could you not be attracted to that.

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
Well.... Here goes a list of: SomeTHING i assume eldritch due to it's nature, TWO minor eldritch entities, and TWO Major entities on H.P.Lovecraft lore, that i simply love AND are part of my favourite stories...

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
[link]http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saya_no_Uta[/link]

You kids, forgetting the most Moe Eldritch Abomination!
Thorn14 said:

It counts.

Kid, no. Saya is better.

[sub]Fine, I admit that I haven't watched that anime...[/sub]

Danbo Jambo

Sep 26, 2014
Thread gave me a right laugh *tipshat*

The DMC Succubus won't be starring in any of my wanks any time soon. not even my scrutty mate would go there after 10 pints (well, maybe he wouldn't)

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
BarryMcCociner said:
Wouldn't Cthulhu be outside our human concept of gender?
while its not covered if Cthulhu has a gender on the terms of our biology he is in many references referred to as he/him as apposted to it (ex: he is calling) so he is masculine

Fieldy409_v1legacy

Oct 9, 2008
Thorn14 said:

It counts.

Googled it, pretty nice, too bad she turns into a human that's kinda a turnoff to me. Why would a beautiful monstrosity turn into an icky human girl? Bleh.

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
well I pulled a derp I was so distracted by classic awesomeness that is Cthulhu that I forgot the pretty boy of the internet is classed as Eldritch Horror...

side note: this thread brought up a argument about what/who qualifies as Eldritch Horror with my buddy they think discord (MLP) qualifiys while sexy I am not so sure :/