Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
You have been told numerous times and yet still do not appear to have computed that voter ID is not used for postal ballots: your voter ID is a card you take to a polling station when you vote in person.
This is actually the first I've heard of that. I don't recall anyone ever telling me that before

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
To be fair, the thing says "SolarWinds Orion", while Dominion says they used "SolarWinds Serv-U"
But same company, probably same or similar vulnerabilities.
It is very clear you have no idea how software development in general nor secure software engineering in particular work based on this assumption.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
It is very clear you have no idea how software development in general nor secure software engineering in particular work based on this assumption.
You're right, what do I know, I've only been a software developer for the last 8 years or so. I've definitely never copied and pasted code from one project to another, before. I definitely don't use the same libraries and dependencies because I know how to use them. Nope! I just re-invent the wheel every time!

Phoenixmgs

The Muse of Fate
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
w/ M'Kraan Crystal

That Texas (+other states) lawsuit was like the dumbest thing ever and they did everything you could possibly do wrong with regards to a lawsuit. Texas had no standing whatsoever as the lawyer said it would be like you suing someone that robbed your neighbor. There's nothing unconstitutional about it because states have the right to conduct their elections basically however they want. And the stuff Texas and the states complained about like counting mail-in ballots that arrived late is hypocrisy because Kansas and Mississippi do that, and the lawsuit would be against them too.

And Donald Trump joining the lawsuit is the most hilarious thing because he admits there's no proof of fraud:
Despite the chaos of election night and the days that followed, the media has consistently proclaimed that no widespread voter fraud has been proven. But this observation misses the point. The constitutional issues is not whether voters committed fraud but whether state officials violated the law by systemically loosening the measures for ballot integrity so that fraud becomes undetectable.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
At this point I wonder if they are losing the lawsuits on purpose; so just they can say "See? Even the Court is in it! Drastic times calls for drastic measures!"
Part of me wonders if its all political theater to both prove their loyalty to the King Maker, and trying to get a pardon. If Trump doesn't issue pardons, dozens if not more of his supporters go to jail once the post-presidency investigations start, and these politicians all plan to run for President one day and they need name recognition with the Cult.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Part of me wonders if its all political theater to both prove their loyalty to the King Maker, and trying to get a pardon. If Trump doesn't issue pardons, dozens if not more of his supporters go to jail once the post-presidency investigations start, and these politicians all plan to run for President one day and they need name recognition with the Cult.
While trying to understand the political motives of people with a totally different mindset can often be difficult (I'm sure a lot of Trumpists believe the rubbish they say about "the left"), I wonder if they are just spinning their wheels because they are supposed to, in the same way that people were convinced that Obama was going to destroy the US, because you had to be to be part of the tribe, but went about their business as normal because they knew that was untrue. Symbolic beliefs or whatever.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Didn't Trump already used his last available pardon with Corn the Turkey? 🦃

PS: It's a joke BTW. Don't anyone start getting technical here...

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Didn't Trump already used his last available pardon with Corn the Turkey? 🦃

PS: It's a joke BTW. Don't anyone start getting technical here...
CORN the Turkey?! When I met him he called himself Maze! He's in on the Deep State! Turkeys stole the election by gobbling up millions of Trump votes in Georgia!

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
You're right, what do I know, I've only been a software developer for the last 8 years or so. I've definitely never copied and pasted code from one project to another, before. I definitely don't use the same libraries and dependencies because I know how to use them. Nope! I just re-invent the wheel every time!
I pity your coworkers, clients, and end-users.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I pity your coworkers, clients, and end-users.
Me too, because our entire field is bad at what we do.

So who are you to lecture us about software? What is your profession?

---
And now the news:
More evidence of fraud that you can ignore, and then turn around and say "there's no evidence!"

Data science experts scrutinize the vote tallies and data from election night across the state of Arizona. Included is the raw data feed for this state, should you like to follow along and review for yourself.

Last edited:

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Me too, because our entire field is bad at what we do.

So who are you to lecture us about software? What is your profession?
You realize that xkcd meant to be a joke, right? Our entire field is not bad at their jobs; there just happen to be a large number of them who are due to the low barrier to entry. You seem weirdly proud to include yourself in that portion.

I'm a senior engineer at a Fortune 500 tech company and lead secure engineering expert for my organization. I work daily with both the secure engineering org itself and several development teams in my org creating and improving our products while ensuring secure engineering standards are met.

Last edited:

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
The majority of countries don't have mail-in ballots either.
I don't know what to tell you. If your problem is with the rules that are in place, they've been in place for many years and many elections. If Trump had a problem with them, he could have legislated.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
I don't know what to tell you. If your problem is with the rules that are in place, they've been in place for many years and many elections. If Trump had a problem with them, he could have legislated.
It's not like the House passed multiple election security bills that McConnel and co ignored in the Senate that Trump could have endorsed...

Hell, the number of times Trump has even mentioned improving election security outside of his fraud claims can be counted on a single hand.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Apparently SCOTUS struck down the Texas case because they were afraid of riots, so says one of the staffers to the Justices:

Status
Not open for further replies.