Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
Registered voters is not

Nothing of what you said debunks this:
Ignorant Mick here, what is SURE data? And what does the comparison between that and County Data mean? By the looks of things that seems to be saying one source says x number of people voted and one says y number did and the discrepancy is therefore fraudulent ballots. But why is the SURE figure the one assumed to be accurate?

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Registered voters is not

Nothing of what you said debunks this:
I too love unsourced charts with numbers that don't come from anywhere!!!

Here's the actual SURE results: https://www.electionreturns.pa.gov/
Biden: 3,458,229
Trump: 3,377,674
Jorgensen: 79,380
Total: 6,915,283

And as the big disclaimer at the top says: "These vote totals do not include any votes from mail ballots received between 8 p.m. on election day and 5 p.m. the following Friday." which would explain slightly different county data.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Ignorant Mick here, what is SURE data?
I have no idea, lemme check.

Seems like it's the Statewide Uniform Registry of Electors

You can buy the full set of data for $20, apparently
As for why it's supposed to be more authoritative, I dunno.

Where does this site say that it contains SURE results?

---

Are we calling lawmakers conspiracy theorists now?

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
I have no idea, lemme check.

Seems like it's the Statewide Uniform Registry of Electors

You can buy the full set of data for $20, apparently
As for why it's supposed to be more authoritative, I dunno.

Where does this site say that it contains SURE results?

---

Are we calling lawmakers conspiracy theorists now?

<pdf snip>
https://www.pavoterservices.pa.gov/Pages/SurePortalHome.aspx
That's the SURE portal. Under "Election Services" click "Election Night Returns". That leads directly to the page I linked. It's not rocket science...

Republican lawmakers have embraced conspiracy theories for years now. As evidence, here's a list of prominent Republicans who expressed a genuine belief in Obama not being a US citizen: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barac...onspiracy_theories#Campaigners_and_proponents

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
there's an obvious explanation for this
That's what 9/11 truthers say whenever you present them with evidence that goes against what they claim.

Here's the same statement as in the screenshots above:

One would think that these lawmakers would be able to get accurate numbers, right?

https://www.pavoterservices.pa.gov/Pages/SurePortalHome.aspx
That's the SURE portal. Under "Election Services" click "Election Night Returns". That leads directly to the page I linked. It's not rocket science...
Cool, thanks

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
That's what 9/11 truthers say whenever you present them with evidence that goes against what they claim.
The hallmark of a 9/11 truther is to make wild accusations they can't back up with reasonable evidence in the first place. Again, I recommend you review your contributions to this thread.

One would think that these lawmakers would be able to get accurate numbers, right?
Why would we just assume that? Why would we assume they are acting in good faith, and presenting the issue fairly, in depth, and without political bias?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Why would we just assume that? Why would we assume they are acting in good faith, and presenting the issue fairly, in depth, and without political bias?
Okay, let's not assume that.
Let's also not assume that the officials running the elections are trustworthy.
Let's not assume that the Judges are trustworthy.
Let's not assume that the voting data is trustworthy.
Let's not assume that anything about this election is trustworthy.

Wanna do that?
Or is it just Republicans who can't be assumed to be trustworthy, and you have a double standard?

Agema

Do everything and feel nothing
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Wanna do that?
Or is it just Republicans who can't be assumed to be trustworthy, and you have a double standard?
I don't trust any party that has a deliberate strategy of fuelling distrust of an election to reliably tell me whether that election was safe.

In much the same way, I don't trust North Korean propaganda about how it is a happy, peaceful, successful country united under the tender care of its benevolent, intelligent, supreme leader. Are you going to question my judgement on that, too?

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I don't trust any party that has a deliberate strategy of fuelling distrust of an election to reliably tell me whether that election was safe.
I don't trust any party that has a deliberate strategy of lying to the public and saying that the election was "safe and secure" as a way of preemptively fact-checking the fraud that they'd commit. I guess we're at an impasse.

See, just making accusations does nobody any good. You say they're "fueling distrust", I say they're saying the same things about the shortcomings of mail-in ballots as both parties have been saying for decades. I say "lying" and you say, I dunno, that nobody ever said that mail-in ballots have always been secure and nobody ever said a word about them until now? Which can easily been disproven? I don't know what you'll say, but you probably won't agree.

Last edited:

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Or is it just Republicans who can't be assumed to be trustworthy
This truly might be the smartest thing you've said all thread. And yes I did remove the 'double standard' bullshit because its just that, bullshit. Democrats on the whole probably shouldn't be trusted. Republicans on the other hand can't be trusted. One party I'm going to look into if the facts line up with what they're saying, the other its simply obvious they never will.
One side lies when its politically convenient, the other its politics is to lie. I wouldn't trust a Republican to tell me the day of the week - and even if they by chance told me the correct day, its more believable that they don't know the actual day and thought they were lying than to think they were telling the truth in the first place.
And before you say that's prejudice, no its not. I'm not pre-judging, I'm simply judging. Republicans are the party of lies and false realities and have been my entire life, and I don't see them changing any time soon, especially under Trump.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
And I think it suspect that China released a virus apparently made in their lab
I think that sentiment fails to properly judge what sort of a society China is. China and a lot of dictatorships like it may not be democracies but there is still some social contract between the government and the population. On some level the population is aware that they are living under dictatorships and that their rights are slowly chipped away. They accept this partially out of fear but more importantly they accept their limited rights under the promise of higher living standards. Putin isn't popular because the Russians are so impressed with his dictatorial traits but because under his rule their living standards were raised and the post soviet chaos seemed to end. The same is true for Erdogan who is also given a pass because his early rule saw a lot of economic growth and with Jinping its the same story.

Even these dictatorship or semi dictatorship are beholden to the people in their own ways. Jinping gets away with a lot of what he does because he promises the population prosperity and order. To a large extend he even delivers on it, even if at the expense of their freedom. Him knowingly creating a virus and unleashing it on his own population explicitly breaks that promises and this affects the legitimacy of his autocracy.

Reactions: gorfias

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
I'm asking for more data to be publicly and freely available. Things like being able to see the actual signatures, the actual ballots, the applications for ballots, and everything else that Matt Braynard had to pay thousands of dollars for.

These "matching signature" claims can easily be validated if any member of the public were able to pull them up and say "yep, look at all these matching signatures" or "nope, they're all different". The "printed ballots" or "intentionally misprinted Republican ballots" can be easily proven true or false by being able to see the actual ballot itself.

Also, let's put 24/7 CCTV in every tabulation room.

I don't recall.

Okay, what about what you have seen?
Are you saying you'll never be satisfied with the "invalid addresses" evidence unless you can see and personally verify the complete set?

So it seems like you don't have any objections to the evidence itself, on its own merits, but rather, you don't trust it because you think it comes from a biased source.
You know what the solution is there? Put it forward in a court of law and have the defense's experts attack it, then see what still holds up.
In fact, this has already been done.

Are you fucking insane? You do not vomit people’s ballots up for all and sundry to see. No, this is an idiotic idea and if I ever read a dumber one I will be shocked.

Reactions: crimson5pheonix

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
You do not vomit people’s ballots up for all and sundry to see.
So you'd rather the ballots just be secrets that are only verified by a handpicked few and you just have to take their word on it that the results are what they say they are?

Sounds like you just want to make it easier to steal elections.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Seems like a thought-terminating cliche.

"Republicans can't be trusted"
"why?"
"Because they're all evil!"
No they're not evil, they're just no trust worthy, and they're politics, increasingly under Trump have proven that. Its not a matter of faith, its history. Democrats couldn't have gotten away with "Alternative Facts". Fuck Republicans didn't even believe a black man could be born in America and not a Muslim, and Trump was at the forefront of the Birther movement.
Imagine what you would say if Biden, the day after inauguration says it was sunny, when in truth it was raining. And just think if any of his supporters would agree with him, despite the evidence. They wouldn't, because even though the Democrats do lie, its not a cult. Faith in the dear leader isn't part of it, whereas in the GOP its the central aspect.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
No they're not evil, they're just no trust worthy, and they're politics, increasingly under Trump have proven that. Its not a matter of faith, its history. Democrats couldn't have gotten away with "Alternative Facts". Fuck Republicans didn't even believe a black man could be born in America and not a Muslim, and Trump was at the forefront of the Birther movement.
Imagine what you would say if Biden, the day after inauguration says it was sunny, when in truth it was raining. And just think if any of his supporters would agree with him, despite the evidence. They wouldn't, because even though the Democrats do lie, its not a cult. Faith in the dear leader isn't part of it, whereas in the GOP its the central aspect.
"Republicans can't be trusted because they forgot what the weather was on a certain day!"
Yeah, you've convinced me.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
So you'd rather the ballots just be secrets that are only verified by a handpicked few and you just have to take their word on it that the results are what they say they are?

No ballot in Australia has a name or signature on it that I have cast in the sixteen years I have been voting. The Australian Electoral Commission employees count the votes and members of the public (who are not already employees of the Australian Public Service) are allowed to be scrutineers.

And not once has any election in my living memory turned into the banana republic level fucking embarrassment your president and a load of grifting hacks have managed to turn this one into. Donald Trump won 2016 legally and honestly. Donald Trump lost 2020 legally and honestly.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane

I mean, the opposite is true. If you can doxx people like this, you have the power ro manipulate millions

Status
Not open for further replies.