Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
So wait, I'm learning about this stuff for the first time: https://www.ncsl.org/research/elections-and-campaigns/the-electoral-college.aspx

"Nov. 3, 2020: Election Day, when voters in each state will select their presidential electors. The names of electors are not on the ballot in most states. Rather, when a voter casts a vote for a presidential candidate, s/he is also casting a vote for the electors already selected by the party of that candidate. If a majority of voters in a state vote for the Republican candidate for president, the Republican slate of electors is elected. If a majority vote for the Democratic candidate, the Democratic slate of electors is chosen."

So, apparently, nobody actually voted for the President yet, they just voted for the electors who will be doing the actual voting (the electoral college), which isn't happening until December 14th.

Wild.
No, that happens in December. All voting and court cases have to finish by then. You then get a fight on Faithless Electors. Like, Trump could (very unlikely) still win

Edit: Sorry, missed Agema reply earlier

Gergar12

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 24, 2020
Country
United States
I wish I could take a break from politics but now there are 2 special elections in Georgia where I am going to have to donate involving the senate, the bitter partisan fight over the cabinet, the fact that 2022 congressional elections are still loaming, and many liberals will just go back to brunch, and forget about it, and 2024 with a potential worst candidate than Trump like Tucker Carlson.

Status
Not open for further replies.