Election results discussion thread (and sadly the inevitable aftermath)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
You forgot the literal most important part. TRUMP SAID HE COULD ONLY LOSE IF IT WAS RIGGED AND HE LOST!
If that's not evidence of a rigged election, I don't know what is. Remember your cult mantra: If Democrats call for an investigation, it means they cheated and are trying to frame Republicans. If Democrats don't call for an investigation, it means they cheated and are trying to cover it up.

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States
Incidentally, "nothingburger" has a significantly older pedigree. Back to the 80s, at least.
That's a bit I edited out. I had a longer preamble about how the cult just adopts anything he says as truth, and their lexicon becomes overtaken by whatever phrases or words people use to prop up their Demagogue.

When Nothingburger was thrown out... hell, we had forum members using it.

Fake News, Make America Great Again (which I love that he stole from an actual president who I don't agree with but at least attempted to be presidential), Collusion Delusion, Witch Hunt, "He Won, Get Over It" (A phrase I'm so deliciously enjoying now, I have to say) etc.

Hell, it's to the point that you don't need to know exactly what a cult member is referencing, just wait for the catchphrase and go "Oh, he's talking about Stormy Daniels" "Did he say Witch Hunt? What is he saying about the Impeachment/Mueller Report now?".

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Isn't Tucker a big time heir of corporate fortune himself? I don't really think his corporate stance is sincere. He like just tries to style himself as ''fighting for the working class'' to improve his image and ratings.
Possibly. Carlson's blood family is from the sociopolitical elites, and whilst rich are not super-rich. His stepmom, however, is super-rich, and I guess he might inherit a big chunk of that. Let's not pretend he's a class traitor, as he's doing sterling service for them. Apparently his biological mother was a Bohemian (in the aesthetic sense) who abandoned the family for another man. I think I see why he hates liberals: mommy issues.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
From the WI lawsuit:

Apparently, the Governor declared the whole state indefinitely confined so that they could all vote absentee. But the court appears to be saying "no, you can't do this".

dreng3

Elite Member
Aug 23, 2011
Country
Denmark
Contested states will send alternate electors:
Well, shit, if the guys picked out by the republicans decide to vote in favour of the republican it has to be legit.

Trump derangement syndrome has taken on a very different meaning after this election. Now people are deranged in their defense of the man.

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Feb 9, 2008
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Well, shit, if the guys picked out by the republicans decide to vote in favour of the republican it has to be legit.

Trump derangement syndrome has taken on a very different meaning after this election. Now people are deranged in their defense of the man.
Can I send my own slate of electors from all 50 states to vote me into the presidency?

I mean, if that's all it takes.......

SilentPony

Previously known as an alleged "Feather-Rustler"
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Corner of No and Where
Can I send my own slate of electors from all 50 states to vote me into the presidency?

I mean, if that's all it takes.......
See I think California should start throwing its weight around, and send 100,000 electors to the college. What's Texas gonna do? Sue? Cali is one of the largest economies in the world, and the largest in terms of states. Play some hard ball.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
See I think California should start throwing its weight around, and send 100,000 electors to the college. What's Texas gonna do? Sue? Cali is one of the largest economies in the world, and the largest in terms of states. Play some hard ball.
Electoral College Battle Royale. The people that actually make it to DC alive get to vote.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
Apparently, the Governor declared the whole state indefinitely confined so that they could all vote absentee. But the court appears to be saying "no, you can't do this".
Weird and pointless.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
From the WI lawsuit:

This was already covered WEEKS ago....

Pictured: the "trend"

View attachment 1720

Surely this has been the safest and most secure election in history, and everyone who doesn't believe that is a conspiracy theorist - Brought to you by the "Epstein totally killed himself, believe us" gang.
Maybe if you didn't start off with objectively false information, you wouldn't come to such ridiculous conclusions.

Here are the guidelines for "Indefinitely Confined" in Wisconsin:

https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/PhotoIDRequired said:
  • Indefinitely confined voters, if a voter has a hard time getting to the polls on Election Day due to age, illness, infirmity, or disability they can request a ballot be sent to them. Indefinitely confined voters do not need to show a Photo ID when voting by absentee ballot. If they vote in person, they must present a Photo ID.
https://elections.wi.gov/node/6788 said:
1. Designation of indefinitely confined status is for each individual voter to make based upon their current circumstance. It does not require permanent or total inability to travel outside of the residence. The designation is appropriate for electors who are indefinitely confined because of age, physical illness or infirmity or are disabled for an indefinite period.

2. Indefinitely confined status shall not be used by electors simply as a means to avoid the photo ID requirement without regard to whether they are indefinitely confined because of age, physical illness, infirmity or disability.
https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-joe-biden-donald-trump-madison-wisconsin-852ac9f03fcbb8a0b407f66b055c9171 said:
The Republican-controlled Wisconsin Supreme Court this spring ruled that it is up to individual voters to determine whether they are indefinitely confined, in line with guidance from the bipartisan Wisconsin Elections Commission.
You'll notice that nowhere is COVID shown as an "invalid reason" to declare oneself indefinitely confined, and the Wisconsin state canvassing board explicitly refuted the argument.

https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-joe-biden-donald-trump-madison-wisconsin-852ac9f03fcbb8a0b407f66b055c9171 said:
The canvassing board voted 2-1 to count those ballots, with the Republican opposed.

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
This was already covered WEEKS ago....
Yes, we covered that individuals can declare themselves indefinitely confined, at their own discretion, but this is different. What's covered here is that nobody else can declare you indefinitely confined, which is what the governor did with an emergency order.

This is also one of those lawsuits filed BEFORE the election.

crimson5pheonix

It took 6 months to read my title.
Legacy
Jun 6, 2008
And you should worry. Tucker Carlson isn't competing over middle-class centreist voters with Biden, he's competing over disenchanted, poor voters with progressives.
That's why I brought it up. If a Republican candidate ran on a message like that I'd imagine the election would swing hard to them since the only reason to vote for whoever the Dems force through would be how your friends at brunch thought about you.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Yes, we covered that individuals can declare themselves indefinitely confined, at their own discretion, but this is different. What's covered here is that nobody else can declare you indefinitely confined, which is what the governor did with an emergency order.

This is also one of those lawsuits filed BEFORE the election.
It doesn't matter what the governor did. Every voter was already eligible for absentee voting due to the election commission's rules. Even if the lawsuit goes against the WI governor, the votes made are legitimate regardless.

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Show me two, from the same swing-states and centers we've heard so much about, like the TCF center in Georgia.
Before that, see here for an open letter from representatives of CISA, NASS, NASED, and various other official bodies related to election security. See here for responses from local election officials from every state affirming the count as safe & fair.

But if you want specifically-named local officials: Tina Barton (Rochester Hills); Richard Barron (Fulton County, Georgia); and pretty much any of those quoted in the second link I provided above.

Now, on the other hand, those loudly proclaiming that the election was riven with fraud are uniformly aligned with one single organisation, aren't they? An organisation which happens to be the losing party. Why might that be?

Well, we have video proof that they were, so case closed.
Oh, for... are you talking about this debunked nonsense?

ObsidianJones

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 29, 2020
Country
United States

Monday morning, Chatfield and Speaker-Elect Jason Wentworth announced that state Rep. Gary Eisen, a Republican, had been stripped of his assignments following remarks in a WPHM radio interview in which he said he was helping coordinate protests and could not assure that there would not be violence.
Eisen, who supported the failed Texas lawsuit that sought to overturn the election results, did not give details about who was organizing the protests but said he was warned "it's going to be violence, it's going to be protests."
"We have been consistent in our position on issues of violence and intimidation in politics -- it is never appropriate and never acceptable," Chatfield and Wentworth said in a statement. "That is true of threats or suggestions of violence against Gov. Whitmer, Secretary Benson, Rep. Johnson and others on the Oversight committee, Republicans, Democrats, and members of the Electoral College. That applies to threats made toward public officials, and it must also apply when the public officials open the door to violent behavior and refuse to condemn it. We must do better."
And before anyone dare tries to use the Floyd protests. Centuries long unfair treatment and abuse at the hands of an uncaring government by the police vs people not liking that they lost an election.

The two are not the same thing. One is a legitimate concern that people actually die over, and the other is not wanting to accept that people didn't like your political choice.

Reactions: Hades

Satinavian

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2016
Today the electorial college casts its vote and confirms Biden. Should put the end to any Hopes of overturning the election.

People will still claim fraud without evidence, but it shouldn't garner as much interest anymore as nothing can come from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.