Electro-Swing: Recommendations

Brown Cap

Jan 6, 2009
Are any of you escapists into electro-swing?

I have discovered Parov Stelar, and like some of the music, but not everything they make is what I am interested in. I really like this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xsoCki4pTk

Do you have any additional recommendations similar to this?

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009

Funnily enough, I was introduced to this group by someone else on this site. They are also really good to see live; they played the Freshers' Ball in my first year of university, and their lead singer is ridiculously energetic.

If you're on Spotify, they also do a really good playlist of electro swing music.

These peeps are more hip-hop than electro, but I figured I might as well include them anyway.

Beyond these groups, I often just go on YouTube and search for 'electro swing mix' to get a good collection of tunes.

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States

Less "Electro" than the rest but still good.A remix

Hope this'll tide you over for a bit.

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
Electro-swing? While not necessarily "electro", let me introduce you to the wonderful world of MOVITS!

I'm always going to assume that the lead singer is the Swedish Adam Savage, and shall listen to no arguments to the contrary.

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
albino boo said:
Zombie_Fish said:
albino boo said:
How dare you not mention his arch nemesis, Professor Elemental:
Professor Elemental, pah. In the words of the great and glorious Mr B on him I smell a whiff of fancy dress.
JEFFREY! FETCH ME MY FIGHTING TROUSERS!

OT: Well, I don't have much to recommend as I've only listened to bits and pieces of electro-swing, but this what first sparked my interest in the genre.

Not Lord Atkin

I'm dead inside.
Oct 25, 2008
Brown Cap said:
Are any of you escapists into electro-swing?

I have discovered Parov Stelar, and like some of the music, but not everything they make is what I am interested in. I really like this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xsoCki4pTk

Do you have any additional recommendations similar to this?
The thing about Parov Stelar is that every album he makes is completely different. For example, in Coco, he added a bit of a hip-hop feel to it; The Princess was more focused on vocals; That Swing emphasized the 'electro' part of 'electro-swing'. You might consider going through more of his stuff and see what appeals to you. And if you ever get a chance to see him live, GO. When performing, he mutes the instrumental tracks in his songs and gets a live band to play those instead. Makes a hell of a show out of it too. It's absolutely fantastic.

In the meantime, here are a few songs you might like:

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
Not a massive fan of the genre by any means, but I do enjoy some Proleter once in a while.

Aug 31, 2012
Well, I like electro, and I like swing but while I don't dislike this, it's not quite my thing. But thanks for putting a name to the music all the damned kids play in clubs round my way these days. *shakes old man cane*

Mikeybb

Nunc est Durandum
Aug 19, 2014
albino boo said:
You also might like some chap hop
Mr B
Zombie_Fish said:
How dare you not mention his arch nemesis, Professor Elemental:
Oh my word, that is something special.

Gentlemen.
Thankyou for introducing me to this wonderfully unique iteration of the hipping and the hopping.
The kind one can enjoy with afternoon tea and a scone.
I am in your debt.

Albino Boo

Jun 14, 2010
Mikeybb said:
Oh my word, that is something special.

Gentlemen.
Thankyou for introducing me to this wonderfully unique iteration of the hipping and the hopping.
The kind one can enjoy with afternoon tea and a scone.
I am in your debt.

Perfectly all right old bean. Happy to oblige. Now