Embarrassing gaming-related facts about yourself (occasional spoilers?)

Hexadecimal16

Mar 11, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Hexadecimal16 said:
I still like Pokemon. A lot. I know it's not considered that weird here, but most people I know would think I haven't mentally aged past 8 or something.

I used to be terrified of Chain Chomp.
Again, I'm playing Platinum version right now, but I'd also like to add that I was scared of the music in Lavender Town in R/B/Y. Like, deathly afraid.
Oh yeah, that music creeped me out. I always tried to get out of there as fast as possible.

ghostsprite9

Dec 1, 2008
i bought luigi's mansion on the game cube when it came out i was too scared to play it so 3 years later after a few jumps and frights i finally finished it

if only there was a luigi's mansion 2 *sigh*

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Hexadecimal16 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Hexadecimal16 said:
I still like Pokemon. A lot. I know it's not considered that weird here, but most people I know would think I haven't mentally aged past 8 or something.

I used to be terrified of Chain Chomp.
Again, I'm playing Platinum version right now, but I'd also like to add that I was scared of the music in Lavender Town in R/B/Y. Like, deathly afraid.
Oh yeah, that music creeped me out. I always tried to get out of there as fast as possible.
I was running left before I could even see the town after leaving the Pokemon Center...I was using the non-existent Running Shoes.

Froobyx

Mar 22, 2009
Samuel Cook said:
During the high point of my Runescape addiction, I started seeing real life in really bad graphics, and kept on staring at trees wondering what level i would have to be to cut them.

.. I know, don't bother telling me how sad it is, I've heard it all already.

I've just remembered! I used to have a note pad with a daily plan of what i wanted to achieve and such in each day. Like, want X amount of logs this day and so on.

My god I was a cool 14 year old..
I still have my Runescape account even though I stopped playing ages ago. I log on every 6 months or so to see new stuff.

I have my Game Boy Advance still too :/ It lays in the drawer collecting dust.

Sousakuryoku

May 8, 2008
I am 21 and have my Nintendo DS in hand playing Pokemon Platinum.

Also, I once threw away a light gun game for my NES when I was 8 because I kept losing.

144_v1legacy

Apr 25, 2008
Honestly, we need to work on the definition of embarrassment, here.
Froobyx said:
Having a GBA doesn't qualify. I imagine a lot of people still have it, out of being too lazy to get rid of it in a responsible manner, and too cost-aware to simply throw it away.

And enough people still play Pokemon that it definitely doesn't count.

I know, pretty much, the entire plot of FFVII, love the crappy CG movie, consider it a great game, think Sephiroth is the pinnacle of Badass, and yet have never actually played the game, or even seen someone else playing it.

Also, I've owned 2 Game Boy Pockets, three GBAs, and five DSs (four of which were the DS lite), because of my inability to keep my forehead from moving towards my game screen at rapid anger-fueled velocities.

DavisJ3608

The Supremely Awesome
Mar 18, 2009
Hmm... I still play Pokemon blue, I've actually contributed to the TF2 wiki (and yes, there is one), I often buy games simply because they look shiny when I see them on high-end PCs, and one summer when I was addicted to Neopets, my tummy started growling and I thought that my pets must be hungry. That was about the time I went outside and started looking for real friends :p

Llil

Jul 24, 2008
I was so afraid of the hyena at the end of the first level in the Lion King game for Gameboy, that I couldn't get to the second level until years after I got the game.

ZomgSharkz

Aug 4, 2008
Once when I was little and playing pokemon blue, I started crying my eyes out when my squirtle evolved. I threw down the gameboy and ran to my room bawling and I didn't play it again for weeks. Can't remember what was so bad about it.

EDIT: Also if anyone has ever played Metroid: Fusion for the GBA you'll know who I'm talking about. But even now at 14 I nearly crap my pants whenever SA-X is chasing you. That music is really intense and I end up sweating by the end of each escape.

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
144 said:
Froobyx said:
Having a GBA doesn't qualify. I imagine a lot of people still have it, out of being too lazy to get rid of it in a responsible manner, and too cost-aware to simply throw it away.

I know, pretty much, the entire plot of FFVII, love the crappy CG movie, consider it a great game, think Sephiroth is the pinnacle of Badass, and yet have never actually played the game, or even seen someone else playing it.
That is the kind of embarrassing I'm looking for.

144_v1legacy

Apr 25, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
144 said:
Froobyx said:

Glad to be of service.

Branes

Mar 31, 2009
I have to join Galliam in that I've never leveled a toon all the way in any MMO I've ever played, and that's quite a few since 1999. Closest I've come is my level 75 Death Knight in WoW. He might actually break the record, and only because he started at 55! :)

Daye.04

Proud Escaperino
Feb 9, 2009
Yegargeburble said:
noolli said:
i own a wii.
Am I the only one not embarrassed to own a Wii?
(..)
No you are not. I am a proud Wii owner .. It's fun, damn it.

Well .. I have a lot to be embarassed over. BUt I'm here in the coffee break, so I'll post only a couple.

Uhm .. I really suck at CS. I love playing it, but I'm the douche you barely see have more score than death =D

And ... I'm only reaching the level of semi-good at games. No matter how long I play them. Especially multiplayer. I'm never the one that wins. But still I love playing multiplayer =P

And I love how it has comed to that people are not trying to brag their faces off. That thei're compeating on who looks the worst instead. Now I can contribute =D

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
144 said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
144 said:
Froobyx said:

Glad to be of service.
Just so you know, the gameplay itself isn't nearly as good as the story. Or at least that's what I think. I never could decide which game was my favorite...it was either 8, 9, or 10...

Daniel Cygnus

Jan 19, 2009
zeroharpuia said:
I was once killed by the first goomba in the original Mario Bros. NES title.

*runs away in embarrasment*
Hey, it's OK. Everybody does it at least once.

teutonicman said:
When playing an fps with a sniper I always aim for the balls.
Same here, but...I don't think it's anything to be embarrassed about.

I own every console Zelda game except for Majora's Mask, and I've only beaten the original, Link's Awakening, and Twilight Princess. The sole reason I still haven't beaten OoT is the Water Temple. I know I probably could do it if I wanted to, but I can't even hear the music that plays there without thinking "fuck this game."

I know this is heresy in some parts, but I actually like Sonic Adventure 2.

Also, I've never played FFVII, but I've seen enough of it at a friend's house that I think it looks sort of meh. IMO, IX is the best in the series.

This has drawn some ire from my online-oriented friends, but almost always I'll refuse to play online until I've beaten the single-player game. (I made an exception for Halo 3. I just didn't care that much.)

NinjaKirby1322

Feb 25, 2009
Similar to what you posted, D-Mic, I own all of the Legend of Zelda games, but have only beaten Link's Awakening. There's always one dungeon I either can't get to or can't get through.

My favorite series of all time is Kirby. I love it so much that I've completed each one I've gotten a hold of 100%, including Kirby Block Ball and Kirby Dream Course. Sad, I know...

Finally, my second favorite movie of all time (second only to TMNT II:The Secret of the Ooze) is the Super Mario Bros. movie. I don't know why, I just can't get that movie out of my head (I used to have it memorized, too)

Does any of that count?