Embryos in your pepsi.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Pepsi contains aborted foetal cells?

Ah, so that's what they meant by their slogan: "Taste the one that's forever young".

FangShadow

Feb 18, 2009
Now that I have read the topic (had to read it again to be sure I didn't miss anything), I can say that while I approve of the system (I think it is a pretty cool idea that may work for quality control),

Gunner_Guardian said:
You know, you can ignore the elephant in the room and still shoot this down.

Stem cells are damn valuable cells, shouldn't we be using them for research more noble this? I mean favor enhancers are a big step down from say allowing someone to walk again.
I have to agree with this. I'd much rather stem cells be used in regenerative research and the like.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
They are partnered with a biotech company to scientifically analyse the flavour?

That's surprisingly hardcore.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
This thread makes me want to kill those aborted fetuses myself before they've been ab--err, what?

Seriously, people. Can't you read at least a little of the thread, the posts that follow the OP's post? Or at least read the article, instead of automatically composing a comment based on just the name of the thread?

I mean lord. Stop being the cancer that's killing the Escapist.

master m99

Jan 19, 2009
Gunner_Guardian said:
You know, you can ignore the elephant in the room and still shoot this down.

Stem cells are damn valuable cells, shouldn't we be using them for research more noble this? I mean favor enhancers are a big step down from say allowing someone to walk again.
yes, this is basicly what i took from the artical, im all for using embro cells for research in medical uses, but to make stuff taste better? not sure im ok with that.

Rockchimp69

Dec 4, 2010
Elsarild said:
Don't care, Pepesi wins over Coca Cola in my book, and If I was going to boycott anything that kept anything remotly "disgusting" I'd be just about starving.

http://www.cracked.com/article_15982_5-horrifying-food-additives-youve-probably-eaten-today.html
Food for thought
Yeah I don't see why so many people prefer coca cola, the brand loyalty is insane!
Personally I think it just tastes more like cola and less like whatever coke tastes like.

Nice article btw.

madster11

Aug 17, 2010
I was drinking Pepsi as i opened this thread.
I continued to do so. No shits were given.

I just feel very meh about this.

Annoying Turd

Jul 3, 2009
i'm taking a sip of pepsi right now.

i'm loving the taste of fetus. best soft drink ever, if only it didn't make me as big as a house from all the sugar and HFCS

cystemic

Jan 14, 2009
I don't drink pepsi anyway, maybe the embryonic cells are what makes it taste funny :3. besides im sure theres heaps more horrendous stuff that noone has told us about and we eat it everyday. like what really is in chicken mcnuggets....

Condemned

Feb 2, 2011
I wouldn't care even if there were fetuses in Pepsi. And I certainly won't stop from potentially buying something just because of some pro-life bull.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
SeaCalMaster said:
I don't understand the argument of the groups proposing the Pepsi boycott. Is there something else that they advocate we should be doing with the cells? I mean, it's not like this research is causing more abortions to occur.
These people believe that life starts the moment the guy shoots off. They're completely against any form of stem cell research, because they believe it "destroys life."

On topic, kinda: I hate hearing these people referred to as the "pro-life" crowd. They don't give a damn about the life of the mother or the life of the fetus once it exits the womb, and they don't raise a peep about other such life ending things as the death penalty, war, poverty, lack of healthcare...In fact, most of them argue FOR those things.

They aren't pro-life. They're pro-fetus.

MassiveGeek

Jan 11, 2009
Elsarild said:
Don't care, Pepesi wins over Coca Cola in my book, and If I was going to boycott anything that kept anything remotly "disgusting" I'd be just about starving.

http://www.cracked.com/article_15982_5-horrifying-food-additives-youve-probably-eaten-today.html
Food for thought
But... but Coca-Cola is lovely! >:

You make me sad face...

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Versuvius said:
http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/pro-life-groups-call-for-pepsi-boycott-over-aborted-fetal-cell-lines/

Embryonic liver cells used as flavour enhancers by krafts, nestle etc. I remain indifferent.

Edit: Embryonic Kidney even

DoubleEdit: As pointed out by a poster that the cells arent actually used in the product. Though unless you avoid skimming it, it will appear that way. Dont make a moron of yourself as i did!
The problem wasn't skimming the article and then posting it. It was posting the article at all without qualifying it with "now, just so y'all know, I got this from a web site that probably doesn't endorse evolution." If family's in the title, you know they're nut jobs.

I did a Bing search and the exact same line and story popped up countless times, every one on a smiling ken doll faced Christian web site.

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
Well its a good thing I don't drink Pepsi. *stares are the towering pile of empty Coke cans...*

funguy2121

Oct 20, 2009
Aidinthel said:
Caramel Frappe said:
Never imagined that Pepsi would have these kinds of cells placed within the flavor of the drink
They don't, and the article doesn't say they do.

"Using isolated human taste receptors we created proprietary taste receptor-based assay systems that provide a biochemical or electronic readout when a flavor ingredient interacts with the receptor,? says the Senomyx website.

?What they do not tell the public is that they are using HEK 293 ? human embryonic kidney cells taken from an electively aborted baby to produce those receptors,?stated Debi Vinnedge
Are the technical terms just making people skip those paragraphs?
No, the auto-activate umbrage machine is. Look at the list of categories at the top of the source page and tell me you don't already know what kind of web site it is. I refer you to the recent Escapist thread about reading. The majority of us unfortunately aren't fans of the art.