Enemies That Make You Go "Oh Fuck This"

cojo965

Jul 28, 2012
You read right, what enemy in a game do you despise with a passion? Mine is from Xcom Enemy Unknown, I cannot remember its name so I hope the description helps. This enemy is so overpowered that I would rather be up against ten Mutons than one whatever the hell it is. Even worse is it pulled a fast one on me when I first encountered it. The thing spawned a drone so I thought, 'okay, no biggie,' before being crushed by it. Worse still, all the maps I have encountered it on have forced my soldiers to bunch up and get taken out on mass by it. Also it has attacks that all do AOE and can attack twice in the same turn.

Captcha: only way to be sure. I agree captcha, nuke it.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Badass (or even normal) Constructor V2.0's in Borderlands 2.

I just lolnopenopenopenope past them whenever possible.

Studsmack

Sep 28, 2012
Reapers from Resident Evil 5 Mercenaries mode. One hit kills and a narrow window to kill the damn thing! It's not hardest enemy around, but it does make me go "Oh, fuck this!" on every encounter.

Honorable mention: The chain-gun brutes from Saints Row the Third.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Goddamn Carnifexes from Dawn of War 2. Those things shrug off anti tank rounds like small arms fire.

BloatedGuppy

Feb 3, 2010
cojo965 said:
You read right, what enemy in a game do you despise with a passion? Mine is from Xcom Enemy Unknown, I cannot remember its name so I hope the description helps. This enemy is so overpowered that I would rather be up against ten Mutons than one whatever the hell it is. Even worse is it pulled a fast one on me when I first encountered it. The thing spawned a drone so I thought, 'okay, no biggie,' before being crushed by it. Worse still, all the maps I have encountered it on have forced my soldiers to bunch up and get taken out on mass by it. Also it has attacks that all do AOE and can attack twice in the same turn.

Captcha: only way to be sure. I agree captcha, nuke it.
That would be a Sectopod. They're sort of the "Alpha Bad Guy" in the game. I guess technically that's the Ethereals, but I'd really rather face a couple of Ethereals than a Sectopod.

Fun fact...if you can get it to shoot at something right beside it, it'll gib itself with its own AoE.

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
I'm gonna say either the Sectopod or the Cyberdisk in XCOM. Those things suck.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
Vampires in the Baldur's Gate games. Sure they're not nearly as deadly as mind-flayer, beholder or dragons, but they level drain with each hit so if even one gets close and you're not prepared it can just cause complete mayhem. Especially bad for casters what with the forgetting spells and all that as they lose levels. Worst case scenario they get your Cleric who forgets how to reverse level drain and you're stuck either finding and using a scroll or paying a small fortune to travel to come church and have them do it for you.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
I was never a fan of those little Flood bastards that jump from wall to wall and snipe the fuck out of you while you're dealing with the bigger members of the Flood.

Also: Any enemy that is 100% invincible across their entire body except for one pinpoint weak-spot.

Also also: The Geth on Gold in ME 3 multiplayer. I didn't know that robots could become addicted to crack AND meth, but those bastards somehow managed to do it. They just charge straight to your face in swarms of 5 and straight up gun you down worse than the poor bastard in the opening scene to Robo Cop.

michaelarby

Sep 30, 2012
RJ 17 said:
Also also: The Geth on Gold in ME 3 multiplayer.
basically any enemy in Mass effect 3 on the harder difficulties. My particular favourite were the commandos who could throw a grenade 100 yards and have it land right at your feet even though a- you're behind cover, b- you havnt come out of cover and theyve no way of knowing you're there and c- they havnt even been in the room long enough to realistically know where an opponent is hiding.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
michaelarby said:
RJ 17 said:
Also also: The Geth on Gold in ME 3 multiplayer.
basically any enemy in Mass effect 3 on the harder difficulties. My particular favourite were the commandos who could throw a grenade 100 yards and have it land right at your feet even though a- you're behind cover, b- you havnt come out of cover and theyve no way of knowing you're there and c- they havnt even been in the room long enough to realistically know where an opponent is hiding.
My favorite grenade throw came when I was coming around behind some guys that were shooting at my team. Just as I take cover in a rear-flanking position, a dude chucks a grenade, forward (towards my team), it bounces off of something sticking down from the ceiling and sails right on over to land right next to me.

But the Rocket Troopers and Primes that can shoot through impossibly small cracks, the Hunters that refused to be "stumbled" and just keep blasting your face in, and the standard Geth Troopers having no other speed than "sprint forward while shooting with dead-on accuracy" really make the Geth my least favorite. Certainly doesn't help that they're also apparently the "zerg" race of the ME 3 multiplayer, always coming in massive swarms from multiple directions.

L0dest0ne

Sep 24, 2012
Not a video game, but I refuse to play any player who plays Necrons in Warhammer 40k. Fuck your respawn bullshit.
In vidya, probably Batrider from Dota 2. In the hands of a good player, he'll just cheese the hell out of you with the flame trail thingy and the lasso ult.

The Wykydtron

"Emotions are very important!"
Sep 23, 2010
Those damn Angels with the claws in Bayonetta... What were they called again? They would always come in at least pairs and one has lighting claws and the other has fire claws.

Just looked it up, Grace and Glory. Fuck you all. There's a bit on the highway level where you have to fight three at once and dodge cars. Welp, time to play half an hours worth of keepaway!

Oh and because I haven't made a LoL post today, anyone who plays Xin Zhao should be slapped in the face. He is the most annoying piece of shit ever. He's not even cool! He's just some asshole with a spear yet he consistantly destroys face left and right!

His ult is the perfect amount of bullshit as well. It has such a shit knockback that you can't even walk away on 50HP when he uses it for damage but misjudges it horribly with a witty "Thanks!" Lee Sin style. He just uses his charge again for his piss easy OP knockup combo. Fuck you Xin. Die in a fire.

I'm just going to pick Warwick against him if i'm playing Draft and camp his lane hard. WW is essentially a one trick pony but that one trick is insanely helpful to your team and fun as hell to use. Namely, ULT THE BITCHES! FUCK YOU AD CARRY! NYAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh and he doesn't die because his lifesteal is bullshit but that's neither here nor there. Continue ulting the bitches.

OccamsRazor3

Mar 5, 2010
Pretty much any of the psychopaths in Dead Rising 2 on the first playthrough. You know, before you learn some of those kinda useful skills, like 'dodge'. That one would have been nice to have.

SajuukKhar

Sep 26, 2010
I hate those damn shield carrying Bandits in Borderlands 2, the ones without a hole in their shield.

-Grenades never stun them
-they never lower the shield
-Because the AI is psychic, and knows where you are at all times, trying to run around and flank them is pointless because they will just stand in one spot and swivel to face you faster then you can run around the.

I thank god for Zero's invisibility skill, its pretty much the only thing I have ever used that works at getting around them.

Deathtrap is also nice because the enemies turn to face it, and due the fact is always storms past the enemies in the front, means the shield guys always turn around and stop facing me allowing me to shoot them.

I always keep a pistol with bonus explosive damage with me just because the explosive damage goes past their shield, i hate having to stand around slowly widdiling down their hp when everything else dies 10X faster because their not so poorly designed.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
The Wykydtron said:
Those damn Angels with the claws in Bayonetta... What were they called again? They would always come in at least pairs and one has lighting claws and the other has fire claws.

Just looked it up, Grace and Glory. Fuck you all. There's a bit on the highway level where you have to fight three at once and dodge cars. Welp, time to play half an hours worth of keepaway!
Jesus Christ I hate Grace and Glory so much.

That highway level was complete BS and was much harder than it really should've. It barely beat out the area where you fight Jeanne on the plane and you have to play volleyball with that giant missile.

I tried playing on the hard difficulty and gave up early on because Grace and Glory are everywhere. D:

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
Soviet Heavy said:
Goddamn Carnifexes from Dawn of War 2. Those things shrug off anti tank rounds like small arms fire.
Really? I never had any trouble with them. They take some punishment but I don't recall losing a battle because of it.

Fexes are some of my favorite units in tabletop, though: Tougher than tanks and hit twice as hard, but their real power is intimidation. Chuck one of those beauties on the table, watch your foe concentrate all his firepower on it and commit entire assault squads in the often-vain attempt to destroy it.

OT: Nihilanth. For me, the definitive impossible enemy.

Also from Half-Life, the giant kraken things with the stabby claw-tentacles. They're more of an environmental hazard than an enemy as they can't really be killed, but even so.

Every enemy in XCOM has made me say that the first time I fought them. Mutons: "They've got grenades? Oh, fuck this!" Cyberdisc: "It gets repaired every round? Oh, fuck this!" Berserkers: "It's got how many hit points? Oh, fuck this!" And so on. Beaten them all so far......

Badass Element Alpha skags in Borderlands. Holy freaking god, make sure you're close to the New-U!

Badass Nomads with riot shields in Borderlands 2. You didn't bring enough bullets. Seriously. Go back to the ammo vendor. Oh, and grenades. Buy more of those.