Enemies that piss you off

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
(Yes, I used the search bar, nothing there about this)

Everytime you play a game, there are always these enemies. Monsters that only die a certain way, have a ridiculous amout of health, or are just plain annoying or dumb.

For me it would have to be either the fast headcrab zombies from the Half Life games, or the giant (troll? ogre?) creatures from Fable I and II.

The question I have for escapists is: What is an enemy you see in a game that makes you groan with annoyance or say "Aw damn I have to kill this annoying **** to get by...."

Please share.

Vrex360

Badass Alien
Mar 2, 2009
Guardians in Dead Space. They are really tough, shoot out endless hordes of seed pods that shoot at you and they never stop screaming. It is sooooo annoying.

Archaon6044

Oct 21, 2008
from NG2, those damn ninja dogs that can break your block, and then their mates kick you face in, or fill you with exploding surikens. they're not even a good concept for an enemy. they just make no sense, and they get right on my tits

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
If you used the search bar then you would know that there was a thread active yesterday about this exact same thing

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
johnman said:
If you used the search bar then you would know that there was a thread active yesterday about this exact same thing
He probably just searched "Enemies that Piss You off" not "Annoying Enemies" or etc.

Z of the Na'vi

Born with one kidney.
Apr 27, 2009
johnman said:
Well damnit. You got me there. Shit. I guess nothing is original anymore.

Del-Toro

Aug 6, 2008
The spider Deadra from Oblivion, they never attack you on their own, they always have a posse of Kynmarchers and such backing them and their hellspawn spiderling up, only increasing my irritation when they stun me a dozen times because I can't off the spiderling thanks to it's douchebag friends providing a meat shield. It's a good thing they aren't very tough

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
The Dune Beetles in act 2 of Diablo 2. You know, the ones that die and shoot lightning everywhere? Yeah, those.

.Warheart

May 1, 2009
Every enemy with a SMG in Cod2 on veteran.. the game I'm trying to get 100% Gamerscore on..

GlibBluedevl64

May 27, 2009
the NG2 flying monsters took me ages to kill those flying fucking rats because the have so much fucking health i literally cried while i killed the enemies!

razor4008

Apr 17, 2009
the spider thing in alone in the dark (360) you know when you are in the musuim dam there anoying.Especially if you got stuck for ages coz there is no limit on there re spawning.