Enemies that you absolutely hate to fight in video games

Not-here-anymore

In brightest day...
Nov 18, 2009
Fucking zubat.

Just minding your own business, walking through mt. moon, and bam! Zubat appeared.
It's level 5, my pokemon are level 20. I'll just flee, think I, not wishing to waste valuable pp.
But no, by the infernal hell-magic inherent in the zubat species, you can never, ever escape. And then it uses supersonic.
Sure, you'll eventually beat it, but by then your entire team will have taken so much confusion damage as to be near unconscious, and you know that in 5 steps you'll see another one.
If by some miracle you do make it through whatever dungeon you're in?
Gary. Fucking. Oak.

Marowit

Nov 7, 2006
I generally hate small fast moving enemies when you don't have a cheap (read lowcost) AoE attack. Swarms just seem cheap as hell.

TheYellowCellPhone said:
Here's one I remeber: Mirelurks from Fallout 3.

Tough armor, small weak spot, strong melee attacks, and they drop practically no loot beside Mirelurk Meat.

These annoyed the shit out of me too.

Mar 30, 2010
They're not big and scary, they're not hard to kill, but they're a bloody nuisance. Adding Tickers into any firefight in Gears ups the aggravation factor of the encounter by a country mile.

Purplecoyote

Feb 10, 2010
Tengai Narumi AKA Hatchet Man from Fatal Frame 3. His reach is unbelievable, it's nearly impossible to hit him with a fatal frame or even zero shot plus he's extremely fast and you run veeeery sloowlyyy.

EvilDude62

Mar 17, 2009
Zubat, groups of biotics in ME1 (they throw you, shoot you while you cannot react, then throw you again), those F*CKIN SKELETON-BULL THINGS IN Serious Sam (probably just the noise) and the demons that can hit you from 2 miles away in Serious Sam

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
*Sniff*

"Hey...what smells like a total party kill?"

"Oh...That."

For those of you who don't know, it's the Avatar from Dawn of War 2. It's roughly six times stronger than the final boss, and is vulnerable to one kind of weapon, the use of which incapacitates your crowd control for the entire level. It's doable, but it's a nightmare.

fishbeinb

Jun 13, 2009
Grunts of any kind There so annoying and tedious. This includes lv8 pokemon who attack me every 5 steps even though I clearly have 6 level 100s in my party!

lvl9000_woot

Oct 30, 2009
Leemaster777 said:
What, this far and no Seth? (Street Fighter 4)

Guess the fighting game players are out to lunch at the moment.
This.

Also, Fire ants/super mutants from Fallout3

Noodle Jab

Jun 9, 2010

Sweet Jesus, Deathclaws. Yes, it's true that the current one I'm targeting in that image is a "Blind Deathclaw", but I quickly learned Deathclaws don't hunt by sight! Lots of Bottlecap Mines, .45-70G and Stimpaks later, I triumphed.

Cazadores catch a lot of hate, but these are still the meanest bastards in the Mojave.

higgs20

Feb 16, 2010
Leemaster777 said:
What, this far and no Seth? (Street Fighter 4)

Guess the fighting game players are out to lunch at the moment.
there is a black hole in my heart filled with rage and seth is at the centre of it....oh god, why won't he just STOP TELEPORTING.

Nothing Tra La La

Feb 10, 2010
Purplecoyote said:
Tengai Narumi AKA Hatchet Man from Fatal Frame 3. His reach is unbelievable, it's nearly impossible to hit him with a fatal frame or even zero shot plus he's extremely fast and you run veeeery sloowlyyy.
Oh god this. Ten thousand times this!!

Also, crawling shadows from Deadly Premonition. Not only are they creepy as all hell, but they take FOREVER to kill.

Sinspiration

Mar 7, 2010
I'll say this once.

SNK Boss Syndrome.

If I EVER have to deal with that kind of enemy in regards to fighting games, I get PISSED.

Also anything to do with lava, (be it monsters in a lava area or monsters that are lava in general)
I also hate monsters you have to be INSIDE to fight..