Enemies that you absolutely hate to fight in video games

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Neonbob said:
.<), and those two things ALWAYS give me trouble. Not to mention their upgrades, Gracious and Glorious. Good FUCK do I hate those things. They gave me more trouble than most of the damn boss fights!
Oh man, I remember fighting them and for some reason I think the game had disabled my Witch Time. That was harder than any of the bosses I've fought so far (up to level 12).

But anyway, from a game I actually know how to play fairly well: Brutes from Bioshock 2.

Let me explain, Bioshock 2, how a Tank-type enemy is supposed to work. See, Tanks from L4D work because you rarely see them, the stage designs and arena specifically for fighting them and the tension is almost palpable. Brute Splicers, however, show up ALL THE FRIGGIN' TIME. I fought something like 6-8 of them in a single stage, and this wasn't even halfway through the game! I'm protecting a little sister-BAM! Brute Splicer! I'm retreading old ground to unlock a new door-Bam! There he is again! And these aren't even scripted! The game will just randomly spawn Brute Splicers before your character has the ability to buy good weapons, Plasmids or enough ammo to get through them.

BS2 gets pathetically easy near the end, but parts of the early and mid game are unforgiving because the difficulty curve is crap. A big part of the reason it is so unbalanced is the prevalence of Brute Splicers. Big Sisters and Big Daddies telegraph their appearances and give you time to prepare, but a respawned Brute Splicer and his 5 Leadhead buddies hiding around that corner? Oh no, you don't get any warning for that and there's no way to sneak past to find health/ammo/EVE. Sure, they die faster than Tanks, but they show up WAY more often.

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
Dogs in MW

i HATE those "quick time" jerks

the first time i played BOTH games i was killed about 10 times because i didnt knew where they were coming from

Drakmorg

Local Cat
Aug 15, 2008
Someone who's good at playing as Scout in TF2.
Fighting a bad scout is like swatting a gnat, possibly annoying to hit but poses no real threat.
Fighting a good scout is like playing a game of tag where you wear cement shoes, your enemy can smack you about as they please and they can run away without fear of you hitting them back.

I have horrible memories of getting dominated by scouts a few times.
Thankfully good scouts are few and far between, usually for me at least.

Canatrix

Feb 10, 2011
Seymour - Final Fantasy X. Not really for the difficulty level, but more for the exclamation of "WHY THE **** WON'T YOU JUST DIE!" -TV gets broken from PS2 controller being hucked at it-

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
Bloody unknowns from Vanquish. The first one took me so long to kill cuz it didn't occur to me to use the shotgun, I just kept dodging until they stuck their red eye thing out. Their one hit kill move was annoying as fuck.

pixiejedi

Jan 8, 2009
Icarion (aka Stockholm) said:
Mages in Dragon Age Origins. They always use liek Crushing Prison, or Fireball, or Curse of Mortality. And it always kills me.
Upgrade someone with the top tier of the mana drain ability and its always a one hit kill. Seeing as how I prefer to play as a rogue though, there is a specific room in the fade that has about 5 mages in and I always have to save right before going in and just kinda hope like hell I can get through.

Otherwise I would have to say Drones in Halo anything. Their too damn fast and just slowly inch my health down to oblivion.

Knife-28

Oct 10, 2009
Hunters in Halo Reach, Creepers Spider Jockys in Minecraft, Mirelurks in Fallout 3.

I hate them all so much, luckly, I rarly see spider jockys, I'm a high enough level in Fallout 3 that I can kill Mirelurks in a viriaty of colorful fasions and In Halo Reach....I stick to forge :p

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
TerribleTwitch said:
ANYTHING in Amnesia since you can't actually fight back, not even with a kick to the shin. Does this even count?
I would think so, those bastards had me cowering in fear every time I heard them or even saw a bit of them in the shadows. That's not even counting seeing them directly behind me after I thought I was safe.

The Urban Moose

Nov 9, 2010
Definitely Chaos, from Dissida. Good LORD he is hard... especially if you aren't properly leveled when you finally meet him at the end.

Trolldor

Jan 20, 2011
Canid117 said:
baddude1337 said:
Cazadors in New Vegas. If your less than level 10, run like a *****.
If there is more than 6 of them at any level run like a *****. Seriously fuck those things.
Really?

I never had much trouble with them... VATS is a whole realm of sexy.

andreas3K

Feb 6, 2010
I really hate those melee enemies that get up in your face and keep smacking you in the head and you can't shove them back or kill them in one shot.

I also hate any enemy that's particularly angry at me, excited about killing me or overconfident and yells stupid things at me. They should just shut up and fuck off.

And suicide bombers. I hate those lunatic assholes taking my health away. And by the way, if they have a grenade, why can't they just throw it like a normal person?

Then there's the impenetrably armored pricks that have just one weak spot (bonus hate if it's on their back). I can understand that they would be tough, but if I repeatedly hit them in the chest with a rocket and they don't take damage just because i missed the weak spot, that's bullshit. (How would an explosion on the chest miss the head anyway?)

I hate medics. It pisses me off when I'm fighting someone, I've spent lots of ammo on his ass and then some douchebag runs up and heals him and then I have to pretty much start over without getting my ammo back. I have to shoot the medic first, but the fucker keeps healing himself while his buddy empties a mag in my chest.

I hate small enemies. They keep chewing on my shins and even if I could easily hit them, I'd consider it a waste of precious ammo. It sucks even worse if I have to be kicking these wankers away and fight some real enemies at the same time.

I hate enemies that don't give good loot. The ground is covered in blood and spent brass and all I get is a fork and a harmonica? What a big fat waste of my time.

I hate stupid enemies. The pile of corpses is right there in plain sight and those dumbasses just keep coming around that corner one at a time right into my crosshairs not stopping for one second to think that maybe it's not a good idea to stand in the same spot where a dozen of their comrades have already taken a high velocity brain piercing.

There are probably more things I hate but fuck 'em, that'll do for now.

MrJKapowey

Oct 31, 2010
Canid117 said:
baddude1337 said:
Cazadors in New Vegas. If your less than level 10, run like a *****.
If there is more than 6 of them at any level run like a *****. Seriously fuck those things.

If you see 6 at level thirty and are carrying an LMG with Boone and EDE having done both their quests...

Run like hell and hope they don't poison you.

Knife-28 said:
Hunters in Halo Reach, Creepers Spider Jockys in Minecraft, Mirelurks in Fallout 3.

I hate them all so much, luckly, I rarly see spider jockys, I'm a high enough level in Fallout 3 that I can kill Mirelurks in a viriaty of colorful fasions and In Halo Reach....I stick to forge :p
The first time I saw one I used up all of my BBs and all 10mm rounds trying to kill it, and all of the hunting rifle rounds through the hunting-rifle-pistol.

OT:

MrJKapowey is walking around looting corpses when suddenly...

"THE CAESAR HAS MARKED YOU FOR DEATH!"

Jesus Christ, these guys.

I also hate the spitting zombies on undead overrun, noob tubers on BlOps, Gas zombies, The scientist and Drones.

Dragonpit

Nov 10, 2010
Berserkers from Gears of War. Hate 'em. You're lucky if you can through the area without either giving them the run-around for thirty minutes or getting hit with enough force tip a tank over.

See also: Adamantoise from Final Fantasy XIII