Enemies You Always Have and Always Will Take Seriously...

WolfEdge

Oct 22, 2008
What are some of the baddies you've come across in in video games that you always, ALWAYS take seriously? These aren't necessarily the worst of the worst, or even, really, all that bad. But! When you made first contact your initial thought was "Oh shit!" And that reaction will forever be embedded in yourself.

I'll go first: Re-Deads.

God. DAMN. Re-Deads.

Ever since Ocarina of Time, I could NEVER just walk up to a re-dead and go to town on him. Even though I'm perfectly aware that they're easily stun-locked to death, I always have to carefully approach, and eliminate, every single re-dead in the room with meticulous and vicious precision. Majora's Mask actually made it worse, believe it or not, when they would dance while you wore the Gibdo mask. I always sort of thought they were mocking you...

And don't even get me started on the Re-Deads from Wind Waker. Make fun of me if you must, those things were the stuff of nightmares...

So what about you?

delet

Nov 2, 2008
Gabriel Celeste, a bonus boss from the Star Ocean series. That bastard was hell in SO3, and he kept me from continuing any further into the meta game. That damned bastard... I was lucky enough to get my revenge in SO4, though, so I'm happy.

Similarly, Baal and Prinny Baal in the Disgaea games, especially the latter form. That prinny is one hell of an evil bastard...

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Goddamn Regeneraters from RE4.

Oh god, I'll never forget the first time I got killed by one of those things.

Ugh.

S.R.S.

Nov 3, 2009
El Salvador (Bag Face) in Res4. I think to myself "I'll be safe in here." WRONG! WRONG! He killed me more times than any other enemy in Res4.

WolfEdge

Oct 22, 2008
Oh my god FUCK bag face... might as well just GIVE him all my ammo for how long it takes to kill the bastard.

Necrofudge

May 17, 2009
Interestingly enough, Wario in Super Smash Brothers Brawl. He is the bane in my side and I must work hard to crush him.

kwagamon

Jun 24, 2010
Any given full-sized dragon in Dragon Age: Origins. I fought both Flemeth and High Dragon 3 times before given up, and the Archdemon nearly broke my spirit.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
kwagamon said:
Any given full-sized dragon in Dragon Age: Origins. I fought both Flemeth and High Dragon 3 times before given up, and the Archdemon nearly broke my spirit.
I thought the archdemon was easy if you used the ballistas on him.

OT: The tower knight from Demon's Souls. I must have tried 20 times to kill him on my first playthrough. Although, now I can kill him in one try.

arsenicCatnip

Jan 2, 2010
S.R.S. said:
El Salvador (Bag Face) in Res4. I think to myself "I'll be safe in here." WRONG! WRONG! He killed me more times than any other enemy in Res4.
DR. Salvador, actually. And in the Mercenaries level where you face him when he's ten feet tall and wielding a DUAL-BLADED chainsaw? Fuckfuckfuckfuck.

There's also the Tables in Persona 3. At first they're pushovers. Then you reach the final one, the optional boss, and piss yourself because it can lay the smack down in less than a minute.

One Seven One

Feb 5, 2009
The warrior brothers from Epos. [Newgrounds]

They're a random encounter that I came across while walking away from a fight that I kept losing at, one of my character said "[The brothers' names] I thought they were dead!" Other team mate "I never thought I'd live to see them."

One of the brothers had an emblem on the ground that I recognized, if he had low health his attack would increase.

The fight took me a while but was pretty easy.

Samurai Goomba

Oct 7, 2008
Spike Demons in God Hand. Because no matter how good you get at the game, there's always a chance you'll get spiked on level DIE/level 3 and lose half or most of your health from a single hit.

And few things are scarier than spawning 2-3 Spike Demons at around the same time.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
kwagamon said:
I beat them both in one try. now Gaxkang is a different story but even so with the right spells it's pretty much impossible to lose...

OT: the Zombies in LoZ:OoT they scared me into stop playing the game as a child...

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Poison headcrab zombies in HL2, and the poison headcrabs themselves.

That game is piss easy even on Hard but I still take out those guys out very very carefully. Every time I hear that awful groan of theirs I proceed with extreme caution.

xmbts

Still Approved by Shock
Legacy
May 30, 2010
Country
United States
Tonberries. I remember thinking what is this a joke or something?
Then it stabbed the crap out of me.

RoyalSorceress

Jun 15, 2010
WolfEdge said:
What are some of the baddies you've come across in in video games that you always, ALWAYS take seriously? These aren't necessarily the worst of the worst, or even, really, all that bad. But! When you made first contact your initial thought was "Oh shit!" And that reaction will forever be embedded in yourself.

God. DAMN. Re-Deads.

Ever since Ocarina of Time, I could NEVER just walk up to a re-dead and go to town on him. Even though I'm perfectly aware that they're easily stun-locked to death, I always have to carefully approach, and eliminate, every single re-dead in the room with meticulous and vicious precision. Majora's Mask actually made it worse, believe it or not, when they would dance while you wore the Gibdo mask. I always sort of thought they were mocking you...

And don't even get me started on the Re-Deads from Wind Waker. Make fun of me if you must, those things were the stuff of nightmares...

So what about you?
Amen brother! Re-Deads are the main reason I could never finish Ocarina of Time or Wind Waker.

I didn't mind them in Twilight Princess though, maybe because they never screamed at me when I saw them and they looked more like Stalfos than Re-Deads.

TiefBlau

Apr 16, 2009
WolfEdge said:

God. DAMN. Re-Deads.

So what about you?
Hahahahaha. I looked at the thread title and thought to myself, "Well, who would that be for me? Probably re-deads."

The first time I saw a redead, I was in the well in Ocarina of Time (I think) and I was thinking, "Well this is pretty creep-AAAAH SHIT WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT THING WHY IS IT RAPING ME."

Vilcus

Jun 29, 2009
Diablo from Diablo 2. Not because he's particularily difficult, but because the first few times I fought him I had shitty gear, and I was severely underleveled (I was a druid, and had little to no knowledge on how to built my skill tree, so I sucked).