Energy drink survey for marketing class

Breadzombie

Jun 7, 2010
Hey guys,

What affects your decision when you're buying an energy drink.(Doesn't matter if you really like the stuff or not.Imagine that a friend asked you to buy him one and you have to decide what it is).
Mark each of the following criteria from 1 to 5 depending on how important it is for you , with 1 being not important at all and 5 being very important.

1. Price -
2. Brand -
3. Package* -
4. Ingredients -
5. Taste -

Thank you in advance.

*Can,bottle,how good does it look ect.

I'm done.Thank you all.

Breadzombie

Jun 7, 2010
Kalezian said:
Package - 4, Im guessing you mean packages that have more than one drink, in that case Monster wins for its 10 pack, if you meant the can, I will have to go with a 2 or 3, Red Bull for instance makes it look like you are paying more for less.
Yeah, sorry for the bad wording. I mean the can( or bottle )and how good they look.

Delsana

Aug 16, 2011
Quality and ingredients.

Five-hour energy and ONLY that as it's the only one that isn't horribly horrible for your system.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
1. Price -5, anything more than £1.50 for a big can and Im not interested.
2. Brand -1, As long as it gets me buzzing Im happy
3. Package* -3, not fussy though Id prefer non fluorescent stuff
4. Ingredients -Dont get what you mean by this
5. Taste -5, The most important- the taste (and caffeine) is why I buy them.

Klepa

Apr 17, 2009
I don't drink it for the taste, and I assume, maybe falsely, that they all have the same amount of .. "energy".

So price, and price alone.

Breadzombie

Jun 7, 2010
Togs said:
4. Ingredients -Dont get what you mean by this
Do you care what's in it.
Like the amount of taurine , caffeine , vitamins , stabilizers , artificial coloring ect.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
Breadzombie said:
Like the amount of taurine , caffeine , vitamins , stabilizers , artificial coloring ect.
Oh then score it a 2- its pretty much a given that they're really unhealthy and I dont ever read the label but less additives is always a good thing.

[sub]Wait a minute.... aren't all energy drinks just additives?[/sub]

Delsana

Aug 16, 2011
Togs said:
Breadzombie said:
Oh then score it a 2- its pretty much a given that they're really unhealthy and I dont ever read the label but less additives is always a good thing.

Five hour energy uses the actual vitamin that creates caffeine rather than just caffeine, so it's much healthier.

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
Price- 4. If it starts costing more than coffee, I'd prefer coffee.
Brand- 1. I mean I currently favour Mother, but only because it tastes alright and is the best value for money. Also it has a hilariously stupid name, suggestive of an oedipus complex or something, but that's really just an added bonus.
Package* - 2. Don't care, as long as it's not an absurdly ugly colour like fluorescent orange.
Ingredients - 4. High amounts of caffeine and taurine. I compare caffeine content, and would go for the higher percentage as long as...
Taste- 5. It tastes nice. I enjoy V, Red Bull and Mother, but Monster is sickeningly sweet. This question is kind of strange. I doubt anyone would drink something they couldn't stand the taste of.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
Delsana said:
Togs said:
Breadzombie said:

Five hour energy uses the actual vitamin that creates caffeine rather than just caffeine, so it's much healthier.
Never heard of that stuff, and dont get why that would make it any healthier but however you cut it the human body is not designed to carry large quantities of caffeine, in much the same way as alcohol- its effectively a slow poison.

IcyEvils

Sep 9, 2009
1. Price - 2 (I pay for quality/big brands, was kind of brought up like that)
2. Brand - 4 (See above)
3. Package* - 3 (If something looks like it was designed by a 3 year old in Photoshop, you can go to fuck :D )
4. Ingredients - 1 (Don't care)
5. Taste - 5 (I don't drink many energy drinks, but when I do the taste is the main thing I go on)

Delsana

Aug 16, 2011
Togs said:
Delsana said:
Togs said:
Breadzombie said:

Never heard of that stuff, and dont get why that would make it any healthier but however you cut it the human body is not designed to carry large quantities of caffeine, in much the same way as alcohol- its effectively a slow poison.
Arguably incorrect. It's in a small bottle and costs about 4 dollars for one (or was it 3?) and gives you direct energy without a buzz or anxiety or stress for about 5+ hours. It tastes fine for the most part too.

Vitamin B IS something you're supposed to have massive quantities of... we just don't eat nearly as many fruits as we're supposed to.

Knobody13

Feb 16, 2010
Breadzombie said:
Hey guys,

can you help me out. I need to do a marketing research for class and I need to interview about 30 people , so it would really help me out if you participate. It's a simple survey really.

What affects your decision when you're buying an energy drink.(Doesn't matter if you really like the stuff or not.Imagine that a friend asked you to buy him one and you have to decide what it is).
Mark each of the following criteria from 1 to 5 depending on how important it is for you , with 1 being not important at all and 5 being very important.

1. Price -
2. Brand -
3. Package* -
4. Ingredients -
5. Taste -

Thank you in advance.

*Can,bottle,how good does it look ect.

1. Price - 4
2. Brand - 2
3. Package - 5
4. Ingredients - 2
5. Taste - 5

Breadzombie

Jun 7, 2010
manic_depressive13 said:
Taste- 5. It tastes nice. I enjoy V, Red Bull and Mother, but Monster is sickeningly sweet. This question is kind of strange. I doubt anyone would drink something they couldn't stand the taste of.
Some people buy them to mix with alcohol , others buy them for the energy. I've gotten four 2s and one 1 so far.

Delsana

Aug 16, 2011
TestECull said:
Only one thing, and this covers every food purchase I make:

The taste.

If I like the taste I will buy it, if not, no amount of packaging, price, ingredient spam, marketing or any of that shit will get it into my fridge.

Delsana said:
So? Doesn't change the fact that the stuff tastes like absolute ass.
Admittedly I can't taste flavor, but the texture seems perfectly good. And every energy drink tastes like "ass" at least five-hour energy is actually healthy for you and works without a negative.

Eccentric_Jon

Jun 20, 2010
Taste. - 5 (I won't drink a drink I don't like)
Price. - 4 (I won't pay through the nose for a product)
Brand - 1 (Couldn't care less as long as it tastes good and it's not OTT on price)
Package - 2 (Might draw my attention, but won't MAKE me buy it)
Ingredients - 1 (I don't even check)

Monster & Lucozade is all I will drink, because I have hated the taste of every other one I have tried. (Except No Fear, I guess that was OKAY)

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
Delsana said:
Arguably incorrect. It's in a small bottle and costs about 4 dollars for one (or was it 3?) and gives you direct energy without a buzz or anxiety or stress for about 5+ hours. It tastes fine for the most part too.

Vitamin B IS something you're supposed to have massive quantities of... we just don't eat nearly as many fruits as we're supposed to.

Are you a sales representative for the drink or something?

And no its not "arguably incorrect"- the human body is flat out not "designed" (for want of a better word) to tolerate large quantities of caffeine, energy drinks are unhealthy by their very nature.
And were did vitamin b come into this? I was talking about the effects of caffeine.

manic_depressive13

Dec 28, 2008
Breadzombie said:
Some people buy them to mix with alcohol , others buy them for the energy. I've gotten four 2s and one 1 so far.
Ah okay. This is new to me. Why would you mix stimulants with depressants?