Epic Final Boss Fights?

Cody211282

Apr 25, 2009
Mass Effect 2, because fighting a killer sentient space ship on foot is epic.

deth2munkies said:
Lavos from Chrono Trigger.

Killed his face, figured he'd have a second form. Came inside, killed off his inner-form, thought I was done. Killed the center bit twice before I realized, HEY, that bit on the side is the actual boss ><
This as well, took me a little. bit to figure out what one to kill

Samnite

Sep 21, 2009
Lamppenkeyboard said:
The last boss of Dawn of War. I ended up ordering everything to open fire, infantry, artillery, mech suits, and it was awesome.
Hah! Agreed. Pretty epic the amount of fire you have to bring to bear to bring him down.

I also echo the Mass Effect 2 epicness. It is basically the Terminator meets the Death Star - not sure it was all that hard, though.

FF8 final boss has 4 different forms and took so long to kill I had to leave the Playstation on overnight. Not sure what that says about my gaming ability, but hey.

MW1 and 2 had pretty epic endings - not sure they count as boss fights, but they're as close as you could probably get with a 'realistic' game.

Metroid Prime 2 also has an epic final boss - both of them!

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Dead Rising. A fist fight with an army general on a tank surrounded by zombies.

Double lariat for the win!

Theron Julius

Nov 30, 2009
tellmeimaninja said:
Timesplitters: Future Perfect.

The final battle with Crow.
He has a giant mech-body-thing, and you have to go through a time wormhole and work with yourself to kill him to death.
Kill him to death? You did it wrong. You were supposed to slay him until he deceased.

Anyway, I gotta say The World End With You. The boss takes your friends and merges them into his form, turning him into a 6 (or more) headed dragon and you have to fight him alone. While your fighting him your partners, despite being trapped, transfer power to you. It all ends in a quite epic manner.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Assassin's Creed 2.

You have a fist fight with the most corrupt and vicious Popes in history and you get to kick the shit out of him

Now that is epic.

xanith02100

Feb 1, 2009
Decoy Doctorpus said:
Cervantes in the original Soul Blade.

Fighting an undead pirate king on a swaying raft admidst the wreckage of a bunch of ships while the most awesome theme tune ever committed to cd plays in the background. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KffS6UJMbbw&feature=related]
I wasn't going to say this one, but you are -so right-. That fight truly was completely the most epic thing ever produced by a fighting game. I tip my hat to you, sir.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Julianking93 said:
Assassin's Creed 2.

You have a fist fight with the most corrupt and vicious Popes in history and you get to kick the shit out of him

Now that is epic.
Damn it...I forgot that!

Sniff.

nicholaxxx

Jun 30, 2009
Joe Matsuda said:
Persona 3

Fighting the Goddess of Darkness, Nyx, atop a massive tower...

trying to save the world...oh, and the Moon is actually Death...
Awesome, mild spoilers, thanks.

OT: Baal diablo 2, or maybe that's just my memories going back to the awesomeness that game was when I played it with my friends... either way really.

kingdom hearts 2 final boss (forgot name) was pretty good on hard mode.

UnkeptBiscuit

Jun 25, 2009
Samnite said:
I also echo the Mass Effect 2 epicness. It is basically the Terminator meets the Death Star - not sure it was all that hard, though.
I would've liked the whole "suicide mission" thing if it was actually hard. Some of the fights earlier in the game were harder than the final boss! They should've made the suicide mission actually hard, and whoever is downed dies.

KimberlyGoreHound

Mar 17, 2010
Ganondorf in Twilight Princess. After defeating his beast form and dismounting him, it all comes down to a one on one swordfight.

Giga Bowser in Super Smash Bros. Melee. What's that? You think you've beaten the ladder? Well fuck you with a rusty train spike, here comes the biggest ************ you've ever fought!

Broady Brio

Jun 28, 2009
I would say GoW 3 but I haven't played it.

So I'll say the first one.
You fight the fucking GOD OF WAR!

natster43

Jul 10, 2009
The fight with Gannon in Windwaker.
The fight on top of the Capital Building against Solidus Snake in MGS2
The fight against Brock in Dead Rising, especially in the Wii version, were I killed him by disemboweling him.
The Final Boss in Lost Planet. Giant Flying Robots!
The fight/chase scene at the end of New Super Mario Bros Wii. Giant Bowser!
The tower in Crackdown that you climb up to kill the Shai Gen's enigmatic Wang.
That's all I can think of.

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
Snake vs. Ocelot in Metal Gear SOlid 4 and Kratos vs. Zeus in God of War 3.
And I can't believe I'm saying this one, the final space battle in Sonic & Knuckles, for some reason that one is something I'll never forget.

Logic 0

Aug 28, 2009
Paper mario the thousand year door, you kill a thousand year demon to stop it from going on another mass genocide champaign.