Epic Kills Bulletstorm Sequel

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
After BulletStorm's crappy cliffhanger ending, I feel even more cheated. BulletStorm was a good game but the story definitely wasn't up to par and a sequel was their chance to remedy that. Too bad they've now shut the series down.

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
What if we kickstarter!?!? SEND A THOUSAND CUPCAKES COVERED IN INSULTS! QUICKLY!

D: We have to save this! The first one was so much fun. I havent lol'd half as hard since i heard "Fungal Rim-job"! Plus, it was a new IP! Of course its sales werent that great. You have to give it some leeway for that. Im sure Bulletstorm:2 Bunghole of Fire would be #2 on the sales charts!

I think this is going to ruin my week. Bulletstorm is one of my favorite single players of all time. It was just.... Stupid fun.

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
Damn. I actually bought Bulletstorm two weeks ago...
Well, goodluck with People Can Fly. I really like their games.

IrateDonnie

Apr 1, 2010
Imbechile said:
A shame.
While Bulletstorm wasn't fantastic, I still had loads of fun with it.
It ended on a cliffhanger and now there won't be a sequel? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

About the port, huh? I had no problems with performance, nor with other things whatsoever.
Damn I forgot about Ishi and the cliffhanger. It'll be ok as long as it's another Unreal Tournament...made for pc. I read somewhere that Epic is working on a pc exclusive, hopefully that's it....I doubt it though M$ has their claws too deep into Epic for that to happen.

Gorilla Gunk

May 21, 2011
Bobic said:
Well done people. Bulletstorm fails with its fast pace, innovative fancy kill system and comical macho bullshit, meanwhile Gears of War on the other hand, with its bland, slow, trundley gameplay and the same macho bullshit, embarrassingly played straight, gets 3 games.

Sigh. Sometimes I just struggle to understand how popularity works.

And before you quote me to tell me about how you prefer Gears, I know the games industry isn't specifically geared to my taste, doesn't mean I can't whine on an internet forum about it.
THIS SOOO MUCH.

Bulletstorm was a breath of fresh air in a sea of bland, gray shooters with it's eye-popping colors and unique skillshot system. But no, everybody wanted a first-person Gears where all the macho shit is, like you said, played embarrassingly straight and so everybody threw a fit when it turned out it wasn't. Plus there's all the Yahtzee drones who are incapable of thinking for themselves and probably wrote the game off after he had his little fit. Ugh, this makes me sick.

CardinalPiggles

Jun 24, 2010
Andy Chalk said:
I think the truth is that Bulletstorm didn't offer enough for the price that was asked. It was linear, it was repetitive, it was heavily consolized and yet it was priced the same as an established, triple-A franchise title. If I'd paid 60 bucks for it my opinion would probably be rather different, but I picked it up at the 20 dollar mark and it was fantastic.

Put that game out the door at $25 or $30, position it as a discount-priced game and you still won't be the best-selling game of all time but you might just end up with a mid-range hit on your hands and possibly the basis for a new franchise.
I played my brothers copy and felt incredibly satisfied, so there is definitely truth in these words.

Aureliano

Mar 5, 2009
Huh. I didn't even realize a sequel was greenlit in the first place but I can't say I'm surprised that it was cancelled given the sales numbers. Too bad, too. The game really nailed the post-MST3K bad movie feel and actually had the stones to try to explain its insane systems.

MrTub

Mar 12, 2009
Gorilla Gunk said:
Bobic said:
Well done people. Bulletstorm fails with its fast pace, innovative fancy kill system and comical macho bullshit, meanwhile Gears of War on the other hand, with its bland, slow, trundley gameplay and the same macho bullshit, embarrassingly played straight, gets 3 games.

Sigh. Sometimes I just struggle to understand how popularity works.

And before you quote me to tell me about how you prefer Gears, I know the games industry isn't specifically geared to my taste, doesn't mean I can't whine on an internet forum about it.
THIS SOOO MUCH.

Bulletstorm was a breath of fresh air in a sea of bland, gray shooters with it's eye-popping colors and unique skillshot system. But no, everybody wanted a first-person Gears where all the macho shit is, like you said, played embarrassingly straight and so everybody threw a fit when it turned out it wasn't. Plus there's all the Yahtzee drones who are incapable of thinking for themselves and probably wrote the game off after he had his little fit. Ugh, this makes me sick.
All that I can say about bulletstorm was that is was fun the first 20min and perhaps a few mins after a new weapon/upgrade, otherwise it was just the same grind (Unless you are aiming for achievements) and it didnt help at all that it had Games for windows live. I would never ever pay full price for that game.

Baresark

Dec 19, 2010
It was a decent game when I tried it at my buddies house. But it uses GFWL and the port was shitty. These two things have kept me from buying it, even on sale. But, it's a good thing we have piracy to blame (sarcasm)! When push comes to shove, while it wasn't a bad game, it couldn't compete with what came out at the time (which I have no idea what came out at the time off the top of my head). You can blame piracy all you want, but piracy didn't stop CoD from selling stupid amounts of units. Or any other really successful game. Or even some kind of successful games. So, that is that really. I have said my piece.

mParadox

Susurration
Sep 19, 2010
Country
Germany
Bob_F_It said:
How many people do I have to tell? You shoot them in the balls, and then you kick their head off.
No see, it requires an immense amount of concentration to pull it off, but once you do it, oh ho ho, is it ever fun. ^-^

So, whip 'em, kick 'em in the balls and then shoot their head off. Booyah.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
shame in a way. i enjoyed bulletstorm. it was just a fun, gory over the top action, stupid action game with simple laughable humor. i had now problems with the pc version, besides this stupid "windows life" crap that caused me some log in trouble.
well, who knows, maybe one day it will happen.

Loonyyy

Jul 10, 2009
Kumagawa Misogi said:
What's wrong with GFWL? I keep seeing people ***** about it yet they never say why and when I ask when they last used it, it was when it first launched and we all know every piece of software is perfect when it first launches /s.
It's just as bad now. Using it is a nightmare. I don't ever use the store interface, or the site, because they're a nuisance, slow, buggy, and need me to register an xBox account for it. Which is kind of giving away why it's so bad. It also always launches when my game does, lagging it up, trying to login, it's password changes when my email does, so if I've changed my email password for security, my next game launch will take ten-twenty minutes, it's that slow. It updates slowly, and poorly, it generally doesn't give me any benefit for using it apart from xbox achievements on PC, which I really couldn't care less about, and in general, is just a waste of memory.

DrunkMc

Jul 20, 2009
That's a shame, I actually enjoyed the PC version. I thought the guns had some good punch to them, the graphics were amazing, the set pieces were gorgeous and the combat was fun.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
I wouldn't call it "demanding". I bought it used, played it, and didn't like it enough to keep it. Exactly why that policy was created, because I turned around and bought a different game (Disgaea 4) New, and have kept it since.

Under another policy, I would have been stuck with a game I didn't really like, and would not have been able to make a new purchase to help the developer. Everyone would lose.
Did you return it for a full refund, or get the usual partial credit for trading in a used game?

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
Whatever they're working on now, it sure as hell won't have anything to do with Unreal Tournament.

Forgot that Epic did that? It's okay, they forgot too.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
NameIsRobertPaulson said:
Full refund. Their policy is you get everything back, including tax, if you bought it used and return it within 7 days.
Ah, okay. I somehow missed that we were talking about used games. That makes a little more sense.