Epic President Dumps On Used Games, Piracy

incal11

Oct 24, 2008
AhumbleKnight said:
incal11 said:
I know I will never EVER pay for an incomplete game; or a game that cannot be re'sold complete.

If smaller companies don't make a profit ; I blame it on bad advertising or games being bad .

To give an example , where I live I can't find psychonauts anywhere (you know the story , not sold enough fast enough) ; I also can't find it used .
The reason is simple , most people who were lucky enough to actually buy it off the shelves are keeping it.
I baught psychonauts from steam. Steam is a good place to check out for the good yet somehow unpopular games. I also got Vampire Bloodlines from steam. Another game that is hard to find and is made of win.
I was just bitching about the rising DLC trend at the time (ooold quote here), which are just smaller expansion packs designed to part you with more of your money for less content.
Expansion packs... that's how it used to be called, sounds so much better than "DLC" ; that must have been puked out by some commercial goon in a tie.

ThePiratebay is just as good for obscure games, cheaper, and with no DRMs ; I'm saying that, but I actually have a paid copy of Vampire bloodlines, awesome game.
I just prefer the good old boxes from the good old shelves usually, but I find less and less interesting and original games that way T_T

Vrach

Jun 17, 2010
Stopped reading at the 20:1 thing. To quote Kelso from Scrubs: "I'll tell you the same thing I told a comic I once saw in a strip club in Reno; I'm not here for the jokes"