Epic Shows Off Unreal Engine for iPod

sgtshock

Feb 11, 2009
When I read the title, I assumed they meant they converted the Unreal 1 engine to the Ipod. I had no idea the Ipod could handle that much. It's obviously a scaled down version, and I doubt we'll be playing Gears of War on our Ipod any time soon, but that's still impressive.

manaman

Sep 2, 2007
If only I could trust the touch screen on the iPhone to actually register the touches.
Bladecatcher said:
The Zune is starting to look more and more laughably pathetic each day...

Suck it, Microsoft!
There is less development due to the much smaller share of the market. Exactly what happens with the Mac. The Zune HD is a much better unit hardware wise then the iPod Touch, the firmware has less issues with random crashes as well. If they get around to making a Zune HD phone I will be in line to buy one.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
AceDiamond said:
Personally I think it's an awesome technical achievement although it is hilariously impractical due to the control issues, which again I feel is one of the biggest problems regarding games on the iPod.
Pretty much this. It's impressive, but who wants to play with that sort of control system?

Bet it kills any semblance of battery life the thing has as well.

Bladecatcher said:
The Zune is starting to look more and more laughably pathetic each day...

Suck it, Microsoft!
Yes, Microsoft are far behind Apple in regards to their gaming.

Wait, no, shit, it's not Opposite Day today is it? Nevermind.

Canadaftw

Apr 24, 2009
Heres a better idea, make a portable game system thats just an Xbox 360 controller with a screen attached then make a FPS for that, then it will be easy to controll rather than having to use the same finger for aiming and shooting!

JusticarPhaeton

Jul 29, 2009
Canadaftw said:
Heres a better idea, make a portable game system thats just an Xbox 360 controller with a screen attached then make a FPS for that, then it will be easy to controll rather than having to use the same finger for aiming and shooting!
That's called a PSP.

Canadaftw

Apr 24, 2009
JusticarPhaeton said:
Canadaftw said:
That's called a PSP.
Does it have analog sticks?

ThrobbingEgo

Nov 17, 2008
Cool. Hopefully this means that there will be a higher quality in graphics, for games designed for the iPhone's touchscreen, instead of an unwieldy port of a FPS.