Epic tales in skyrim!

Leoofmoon

Aug 14, 2008
Ok so some people have played open world games or well any kind of game to where a awesome story will arise from the ashes of defeat or victory will come, I'm here today to see what storys you people have! I personally have 2.

My first story of Leo the Crusader takes you into the high southern mountains of Skyrim I was just exploring and trying to get more marks for my map when i came upon Bloodlet throne! As i entered I was greeted by a fire trap and a vampire wearing heavy armor and a battle axe. After a few moments of fighting and going deeper into the cave i discovered cages of vampire victims and the vampire them self's after dealing with a few and Seeing I was vastly outnumbered I call on my best form, but I did not transform instead I let out a loud shout and the victims then rushed out if there cages and attacked them but sadly with the help of the vampire victims they were all slain as I keep going deeper.

In the end I was face to face with the Vampire master and his two lackeys as they all sicked woulds on me I pulled a scroll of my bag and summed a bizarred inside the cave killing all but me and the master! After a long and hard fight with the vampire master he then turned himself invisible and flee I was not going to let this man live so i hunted him down, he was a powerful spell sword so i knew he would have some magic out and as i swung Nord hero sword at the glow of magic I cleanly cut off his head ending this story.

I will post the Double dragon attack and the help of the giants later seeing as this one ran kinda long.
If there are any spelling errors let me know.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
Well a Epic tale I hole I will be able to tell is a little plan I have: I am wanted in Markarth and there is no way in hell I am going to pay the fine. So, all decked out in legendary grade deadric armor with a legendary deadric sword I plan to fight my way back into the city, get to the jarls palace, and kill the thalmor and jarl.

Leoofmoon

Aug 14, 2008
enzilewulf said:
Well a Epic tale I hole I will be able to tell is a little plan I have: I am wanted in Markarth and there is no way in hell I am going to pay the fine. So, all decked out in legendary grade deadric armor with a legendary deadric sword I plan to fight my way back into the city, get to the jarls palace, and kill the thalmor and jarl.
Hardcore man!

Rhaff

Jan 30, 2011
enzilewulf said:
thieves guild? its a lot cheaper to pay the guards of, then to pay the fine..

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
Day 64

While in Windhelm on business, I overheard a couple of Nords accusing the Dunmer of the area of being spies for the Empire. One loutish oaf even mentioned how he liked to patrol the Dark Elves' small quarter of the town at night, finding lone mer to 'interrogate'. I said nothing, holding my tongue, and walked on to my business.

As night fell, however, I removed my helm, revealing with no doubt my Dunmer heritage, and began to walk the dark streets of the unmaintained, cramped quarter that was the Dunmer's home in Windhelm. I had asked Faendal and Barbas to wait for me at the tavern, but only Faendal obliged me, eager as he was, he said, for a bit of honeyed ale. Barbas (my canine companion), however, was not to be dissuaded. Shrugging, I sighed in exasperation, for arguing with a dog, even a talking one, is, I have found, a fruitless venture more often than not.

Reaching the Dunmer district, it was not even an hour before a familiar human figure came swaggering towards me from a closed shopfront doorway.

Barbas let out a low, quiet growl to alert me, in case had I not seen him myself.

I cracked my knuckles loudly.

(And this is just from a little tiny thing in one of the towns. And it's also pretty much why this is my favorite game ever.)

danirax

Jan 11, 2011
I got an epic tale but its a major spoiler at least I think it is...,
also Ive been to that cave too tho it wasn't an epic battle for me, I killed everything there with 1 hit from my bow

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
Your OP looks reads like it was written by a nine year old. Lots of spelling mistakes, and much else besides.

OT: Usual ginat/two dragons scenario. They took care of each other, which was nice.

Mar 30, 2010
Meh, I'll bite.

My last character was a werewolf, but the only time I ever used the ability was when a dragon was floating around overhead. On the one hand you ain't seen nothing until you've seen a werewolf kick a dragon's ass. On the other hand I was only doing it so that the dragon fights were a bit of a challenge (since werewolves can't use healing potions).

So cinematically it was awesome, nay, epic. But it was only done because gameplay-wise dragons are weak sauce.

King of the Sandbox

& His Royal +4 Bucket of Doom
Jan 22, 2010
C'mon guys, of course dragons are weaksauce when you're level 40 and one shotting everything.

But not a single one of you can tell me that a dragon while you're under level 20 is a cakewalk. Well, you could, but you'd be lying.

L4WLI3T

Dec 29, 2010
I was a low level, and on my way to this shrine for the Greybeards, when a dragon showed up. After five tries I finally beat him down ans electrocuted him to death. The final blow? A Fus Ro Da knocking him to the ground and hitting him with the Axe of Whiterun. Felt like a boss.

Hawk of Battle

Feb 28, 2009
enzilewulf said:
I did a similar thing during the Forsworn Conspiracy quest. After the guards tried to frame me for murder in the Shrine of Talos, I legged it, blasted a guard off the high balcony into the river, and fled the city with guards in hot pursuit.

At first I planned to never return to that fucked up city, but then I planned to return with vengeance and kill every corrupt member of the ruling class and their underlings as I could. It was then that I realised that actually, the Jarl isn't really so corrupt, it's just the guards and the people who run the mine/prison.

So I beefed up my Illusion powers and rushed the city, using calm spells on anyone and everyone who tried to fight me as I battled my way into the Jarls room, using only non-violent takedowns in a scene reminiscent of the attack on the Earth Kingdom from Avatar. I got inside the Jarls palace, but I quickly became outnumbered as, LITERALLY, 50 guards and Thalmore rushed in to defend him. I tried to locate the Jarl but in the confusion I couldn't find him. I spent a good 5-10 minutes rushing from room to room, not killing the 50 guards who were after me before one of them offered me terms of surrender, which I was forced to accept. I was then carted off to the prison/mine.

I may not have won the fight, but it was epic non the less.

Tyrannical

Oct 29, 2011
http://imgur.com/bVfzE This is pretty much me.

Also, I Fus Ro Da'd Lydia off the Mage College bridge... AND SHE SURVIVED...

Vidi Kitty

Feb 20, 2010
Level 22 on adept as a sneaky archer... this character isn't very good in a head on fight and can't take a hit. Looted a random house, and left it to hear a roar. When I look up there are 2... 2 dragons circling me and I'm surrounded by open ground. So I bolt for a large bit of rocks nearby with only one open area so they hopefully don't both land at once, and when I get there I turn around to 2 dragons flying towards me... and 2 mother fracking bears hot on my heels. One dragon lands, lights me and the 2 bears I'm fighting on fire, and the bears go after the dragon since its obviously more of a threat. So its me and 2 bears fighting a dragon while a second circles the area all menacing like, and after one bear dies the dragon takes off... and the second bear proceeds to continue trying to maul my face. The first dragon lands again before the bear dies, and it turns and starts going after the dragon... who turns to the bear after getting hit, and pushes it into a tree stump... and glitches it up onto the dragon. So now I'm fighting a bear who is riding a dragon... I could not make this shit up if I tried. Bear falls off when dragon takes flight again, comes for me, I kill it, and the dragon starts doing passes at me without landing. This whole time the second dragon is just flying around mad (it never attacked me, must have been glitched or something). So while I'm running through trees dodging dragon breath, a god damn saber cat pops up and starts chasing me. As I kill it, I watch the dragon fly over a big outcropping of rocks and land... and being fairly pissed at this point, I go leaping over the rocks with my bow out, ready to start pegging the bastard. What do I find? The dragon got tired of me, and is noW fighting a giant... out of friggin no where... who basically 2 shots the weakened dragon. Thinking its safe to go loot the dragon and get its soul (as I never attacked or got near the giant) I hop off the rocks and move forward... only to realize the giant is now running at me. Its hurt, but its still going mash me into paste if it gets close, so I am running and firing arrows whenever I dare turn around for a second until the bastard is dead. Thinking the second dragon is going to attack any second, I sprinted around looting everything before taking cover in the rocks again. After that I shot some 40 arrows at the dragon trying to hit it and get it to land, but it never did, and never followed me when I got sick of it and left.

And that is the story of my second dragon kill.

Leoofmoon

Aug 14, 2008
King of the Sandbox said:
C'mon guys, of course dragons are weaksauce when you're level 40 and one shotting everything.

But not a single one of you can tell me that a dragon while you're under level 20 is a cakewalk. Well, you could, but you'd be lying.
Well on my double dragon story I was attacked by 2 dragons at level 15 I think the only reason i survived was some giants came out of no ware to help me

Leoofmoon

Aug 14, 2008
similar.squirrel said:
Your OP looks reads like it was written by a nine year old. Lots of spelling mistakes, and much else besides.

OT: Usual ginat/two dragons scenario. They took care of each other, which was nice.
Not a epic and were are my spelling mistakes?

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
I killed a Dragon while running through it, dual wielding dagger running for the win. I literally ran through his soul. :D

I really like glitches like this.

Lil_Rimmy

Mar 19, 2011
My god.... Skyrim is the awesome part of awesome sauce....

Lets see....

(SPOILERED FOR LENGTH .... And spoilers)
Dark Brother quest, the fist "main" one, I was doing the optional part. I did this twice, but it was a reload, not a new char.

First way.

Reman was stalking the target through Windhelm, waiting. She wouldn't detach herself from the group of people, so there was only one option left.

Reman sprinted up, and using twin steel daggers, he spun around, severing her head. Everyone was shocked for a second, the guards included, so Reman used the moment to make a "Run the Gauntlet" to the gates.

As he burst out into fresh air, Reman saw guards chase him. There were guards on the other end of the bridge, and Reman was in no condition to fight his way out. So, adrenaline pumping through him, he sprinted right towards the other guards, arrows whizzing past. Just as he was within slashing range, he spun right and ran up some steps.

And he jumped.

Reman landed in the water below and swam away before the guards could get another glance.

Second way.

Reman was stalking the target through Windhelm, waiting. She wouldn't detach herself from teh group of people, so there was only one option left.

Reman sneaked up and while her back was turned, pickpocketed the key to the *BLEEEP* *BLEEEP*.

And he waited.

Soon enough, the target wandered off to sleep, and the Redguard stood up, streched his legs, and strolled in the front door.

Knowing someone might still be awake, Reman took an invisibility potion. It was unnerving, not seeing his own hands. He hadn't used one before, because he was stockpiling them for a time when he might need a quick escape.

When he crept into the targets room, he realised that no one else was awake, or with in ear shot.

So he walked up, and with out as much as a "Sithis says hello" he plunged his daggers into her chest.

And that's how the blood stained Red guard walked out the front door, just as the first rays of sunlight broke the sky.

Next on the list....

The Forsworns revenge.

After finding out that the Forsworn (at least at Drabuc(?) Redoubt) were friendly, I straight away began a campaign to retake the Reach, in the name of the Forsworn.

Now, I haven't actually done an "epic" fights so far yet, just raids and ambushes, but I think the idea alone is epic. I tried to do things like this so many times in Oblivion, but it just never worked out.

I agree with practically every post King of Sandbox has said, for Skyrim is probably, and this is no shit, or no duff, as the S.O.G might say, the best game I have ever played. Notice, I played Morrowind (I was very young though) and it was just too unfriendly to get in to. Yeah, it was good, very good in fact. I just couldn't get, well, started, in the world. But that's another topic, for another time.

So, back on topic, what I was saying was that Skyrim is probably one of the few games ever where I can create my own campaign out of what is already there, and have it WORK. I mean, damn, I have a war dog, a "Forsworn" friend (Thanks for dressing up Faendal!) and an entire base camp I can come back to.

Honestly, once the construction set comes out... Well, Talos help all the girlfriends in the world.

And you know the best part? This was actually done out of feeling, not "OOOOOH SHINY GOLD!"
When I first heard of the Forsworn, my "good" character thought, they sound back, me destroy. Then I talked to Madanach. Holy. Crap.

I did a 180, and before I knew it, I was fighting to free the Reach because I cared about the Forsworn. I mean, wow...

That's also the same reason I joined the Dark Brotherhood. I felt so damn sad for that kid, and so I did the deed, and before I knew it, I was hailing Sithis.

And I just realized....

My character started good.

And now he is evil. Not really, more like, doing evil to do good.

But damn Skyrim.

Damn.

I would write more, but I am about to fall asleep. Still, I might be back when I wake up.

I'll be dreaming about the mists of Sovngarde.