Epic Video Game Music Thread

Stalk3rchief

Sep 10, 2008
It's been a long time since I've personally seen a thread like this one. Sure, it HAS been done, but I want a fresh perspective on this. People come and go on the Escapist all the time, so if I choose to start a new thread instead of using the damned search bar, sue me.

Now that that's out of the way, EPIC GAME MUSIC! =D Just post some of your favorite game music, be it old or new.

I'll start with these two little numbers, from way back in my past.

The recent release of a very related game (which isn't as good, but oh well) spurred me to go back to this game, and the music is what seriously hit my nostalgia cord. So, share time. Escapists, show me the music from your past games. What strikes a cord in you?

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
A classic:

To be honest, I actually prefer the Bad Company versions, but I thought the 1942 theme would be best for the thread.

*Waits for someone to complain about how that's not classic and post Monty on the Run (or equivalent) instead*

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
I find this to be highly epic, and I don't even like or play the game:
And now for something properly 8-bit:

Megaman 9 & 10 had solid gold soundtracks worthy of the classics from earlier in the series.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Deus Ex:Human Revolution - Main Theme

Mass Effect 2 - Suicide Mission

Assassin's Creed 2 - Ezio's Family

Ectoplasmicz

Nov 23, 2011
TES series has some of my favourite game music, especially the themes.

I'm not going to include the Skyrim theme, because personally I prefer Morrowind and Oblivion's themes.

Absolutely love it.

But I like Oblivion's that tiny bit more.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
let see-
This is such an epic commander/ leader type of music. It's like you got overwhelming odds stack against you but with your smart planning and statery you will win!

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010

Doesn't that just make you want to drive down a road at 200 km/h while shooting missiles at everyone!!!

*twitch*

Feb 13, 2008

Absoloute given on any list. Along with

Latest additions to my collection:

Idsertian

Legacy
Apr 8, 2011
From what I've been reading, not technically ME2, but I don't care. Still awesome to hear this every time I visit Omega.

Oh, seems I'm the first to get to this one as well:

Plague

Jan 13, 2011
Well first off it has to be this:

I guess this as well:

I really enjoy the retro music don't I? :p

Calcium

Dec 30, 2010
My favourite would probably have to come from Klonoa: Door to Phantomaile and Klonoa 2 on the Playstation and PS2 respectively. Some of the boss music was truly epic such as...

Baladium's Drive.
Cursed Leorina's Theme.
King of Sorrow's Theme.

Might add links later - but not sure.

Also for more recent music - the entire soundtrack of Super Meat Boy is awesome. :D

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
Considering the latest review from Yatzhee, I believe this is appropriate: